• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

And this is from (dvlotteryhelp) If all the visas are exhausted for the regions then you will read it as CURRENT in the DV lottery section of the case numbers, so don't expect much for that region any more for that fiscal year program? Do you see what am seeing?

hi every1,hope all r doing well by the look Alot of gud things have been hapening first like to congratulate Gichan foor his successful! story Welcome to America!!!.am doing great have been off in forum due to being held in other things but am glad ur all doing gud preparing for interviews.@Mamaizoo all the best in ur upcoming interview u will make just be confident togerther with ur family n it will be simple.At Olyn uv done gud to get all ur documents ready.@ gichan i stay in texas 2 u can keep in touch whn u get here or send me ur e mail adress so we can c hw we r going to help each other coz for sure this forum has been of help to us all.We hav e been talking to my2011dv he doesnt stay far from me like 20 min drive.n he is catching up well with job search.
Even like to thnk Katimich he has been of great help to me with advices n ideas.@njugunats congrates for geting a gud job so quickly il cal u.@ wanjeri i wish u all best as u prepare soon ul get to the destiny thnk also for keeping the forum active its a gud job.to the rest of the family all the work hard in reserching for wat u need we used to post alot in past activities starting from princeann jst go thrugh our experiences they r of great help.
Nw my advice to every1 who has got a visa if u have nt been driving start nw here u cant do anything without a car it will take u long to settle.
All the best guys.

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region

All DV Chargeability Areas
Except Those Listed Separately

Except
AFRICA

Ethiopia 32,400

ASIA

EUROPE

CURRENT

Uzbekistan UNAVAILABLE

NORTH AMERICA
(BAHAMAS)

CURRENT

OCEANIA

CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN

CURRENT

Done with the medicals, it costed us 67,500/= (about 20k for each adult and close to 28k for our kid). The medicals take two days. Olyn, if your daughter is between 2-15yrs book for the interview on a monday or wednesday-there are some tests for kids btwn this age that are read two days after the tests are done. I and hubby got three shots and our child 5 shots. Met with two other guys scheduled for interview on 13th and 21st of this month.
All the best to you all. I emailed the embassy and the exchange rate at the embassy is 80/=. Exchange rate at IOM is 85.49/=

Gichan, that was real short. Hope mine will be like that. What is the currency exchange rate at the embassy? Is it still 80/= ama imepanda?

Hi mamaizoo,

Sorry i took long to respond. The exchange rate is 80USD so dont worry. That is around 65,520/=. Just have faith and you shall get your visa too. May God be with you as you prepare to go there.

hi every1,hope all r doing well by the look Alot of gud things have been hapening first like to congratulate Gichan foor his successful! story Welcome to America!!!.am doing great have been off in forum due to being held in other things but am glad ur all doing gud preparing for interviews.@Mamaizoo all the best in ur upcoming interview u will make just be confident togerther with ur family n it will be simple.At Olyn uv done gud to get all ur documents ready.@ gichan i stay in texas 2 u can keep in touch whn u get here or send me ur e mail adress so we can c hw we r going to help each other coz for sure this forum has been of help to us all.We hav e been talking to my2011dv he doesnt stay far from me like 20 min drive.n he is catching up well with job search.
Even like to thnk Katimich he has been of great help to me with advices n ideas.@njugunats congrates for geting a gud job so quickly il cal u.@ wanjeri i wish u all best as u prepare soon ul get to the destiny thnk also for keeping the forum active its a gud job.to the rest of the family all the work hard in reserching for wat u need we used to post alot in past activities starting from princeann jst go thrugh our experiences they r of great help.
Nw my advice to every1 who has got a visa if u have nt been driving start nw here u cant do anything without a car it will take u long to settle.
All the best guys.

Hi magkin,
Glad to read from you. I have written a message on your inbox. Kindly check and reply. Hope that we shall meet when i come. Am shopping now for cheap air fare. Anyone with ideas??

@Magkin thanks for updates and please you people on the other side of the fence keep us informed.@Katimichi please give us more details because from your sentiments the other side is full of struggles and one better gets used to our Kenyan terrain.What exactly are the biggest hurdles on the other side? @mamaizoo continue reading the forum as you prepare as this is the place where all the answers are found.It is our revision page and a source of enlightenment.

AUGUST CUT OFF

Africa-71,800 except Ethiopia -32,400 Most of the others places current.
My predictions is that Africa will also be current in September and everybody else will be interviewed and of course very high number of qualification
Thanks God am also current in August. So @Scarnam@Nellimah and @ngugimuturi September is all yours and we will all make it with God. Seemingly this year things have moved so fast.

Hi Mamaizoo,

Thanks you for the update even me I have a boy of 2 yrs, my question is, do I scheduled the medical appointment on a Monday or Wednesday or do I change my embassy appointment on a Monday or Wednesday? Bcs is better to book the medical appointment without to change the embassy date of interview .
Regards

Hi magkin,
Glad to read from you. I have written a message on your inbox. Kindly check and reply. Hope that we shall meet when i come. Am shopping now for cheap air fare. Anyone with ideas??

I was also checking for the tickets to Dallas, TX with few airlines.
So far the cheapest is Ethiopian. One way with IOM is $1000, which is also not bad.
One month return with Ethiopian is around $1250, though not sure about their service - never travelled with them.
Brussels - $1500.

Keep us also updated on the best deals you get.

For those who have been to the interview are the photocopies certified by the issuing authority or anybody can certify them including the local chief?
@Mamaizoo when is your D day? Our prayers.

Done with the medicals, it costed us 67,500/= (about 20k for each adult and close to 28k for our kid). The medicals take two days. Olyn, if your daughter is between 2-15yrs book for the interview on a monday or wednesday-there are some tests for kids btwn this age that are read two days after the tests are done. I and hubby got three shots and our child 5 shots. Met with two other guys scheduled for interview on 13th and 21st of this month.
All the best to you all. I emailed the embassy and the exchange rate at the embassy is 80/=. Exchange rate at IOM is 85.49/=

Does the applicant and the beneficiaries (like your case, you/husband/kid) pay the visa fees each? Thanks for your information

try turkish airlines in october 2011 you could get it under $1k

I was in their office in International House in CBD last week.
They only fly to New York and one more city - if my memory isnt lying, it is Wawshington.

So far, Ethiopian is the cheapest.
Or maybe Egypt air, which I will never ever go again with.

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

Dear. I need best suggestion. please help me...

My father has a dv -winner according to he got the 2nd letter. july 7th intyerview..

However My name is not included that 2nd letter. Because my age is reached 21 years. Now my age is 21 years 6 months. At the time of application. I mean (OCTOBER 2009 ) my age is 19 .so . Can i migrate with my father to US?

Please need ...

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX
Enter the lottery : 2009 Oct
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
2nd NL Received : 10/06/2011
Police clearance : done . (13/06/2011)
Medical : waiting
Interview Date : 7th July 2011
Interview successful: waiting
Visa pickup : waiting
POE : Newark,NJ
GC Received : waiting
SSN Received : waiting

Does the applicant and the beneficiaries (like your case, you/husband/kid) pay the visa fees each? Thanks for your information

Ngugi, the principal applicant and all his/her beneficiaries pay the $819 visa fee each regardless of age. For us it is $819 x 3 = $2457 x 80/= a total of Kshs. 196,560/= Our son is now 1yr 5 months. Same case applies to medical and i got to understand that for a child the medicals are even expensive as compared to an adult.

Hi Mamaizoo,

Thanks you for the update even me I have a boy of 2 yrs, my question is, do I scheduled the medical appointment on a Monday or Wednesday or do I change my embassy appointment on a Monday or Wednesday? Bcs is better to book the medical appointment without to change the embassy date of interview .
Regards

Elma, i did not mean that you change your interview date at the embassy, it should not be changed at all considering we are nearing the end of the fiscal year. The booking i meant was for the medicals for those with kids btwn 2-15yrs. You either make it a monday, wednesday or a friday but i would advise you to make it monday or wednesday. It is advisable you book for the medicals one week prior to your interview date at the embassy.

For those who have been to the interview are the photocopies certified by the issuing authority or anybody can certify them including the local chief?
@Mamaizoo when is your D day? Our prayers.

Wanjeri, i am not sure about this but i think the photocopies dont have to be certified. They will be having the originals and if they wont have a problem with the originals i dont see the reason why they would doubt the copies. My D-Day is last week of June.

I was in their office in International House in CBD last week.
They only fly to New York and one more city - if my memory isnt lying, it is Wawshington.

So far, Ethiopian is the cheapest.
Or maybe Egypt air, which I will never ever go again with.

Hi Kseniasat,

Ive just seen that you have used Egypt air, i wanted to ask you why you are saying you would not want to use it again? I was planning to use it because its the cheapest flight for now....Please advice me so that i may not be disappointed if i plan to use it..