• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Its unfortunate they had to cancel dvs 2012 which they said it was as a result of the computer random number which had been set to pick applicants for only the first two days and omitting all the other applicants who had applied and that is what prompted a repeat.Otherwise we hope for the best for all the applicants who had been selected. The results of the second selection will be out on or around 15th July. For those current our prayers.

Patem,
How true is the post regarding cancellation of the 2012 DV results? I checked for friends i had applied for in the first week of May and they had not won. Do i check again?
@ mamaizoo.. it is very true.. there will be a redraw and the results will be out on july 15th, so your friend is still in with a chance if you didnt delete or loose the confirmation number.
The countdown is on... exactly 2 months as of today!

Wanjeri and Nelima2, just trust God.
Most of the years going by DV history Africa is normally current during the last month of DV.
i mean all people are interview. so lets pray it will be like so this year.
God who made you selected will not let you down.
For those DV 12, don't lose hope, God has a reason for everything and remember His time is the best.
So lets not rush him.
For them who are going for interview may-June, we wish you well.
For them who have already left, Njugunut, magkin, mydv2011, kamtich and the rest, we prayers that Gods blessings always follow you behind.

Hey people.. this is one of the letters that was sent to DOS about the DV2012 results..

1Joy, Disappointment, and Scandal: Department of State Notifies DV-2012 Winners: Posted on May 7, 2011 by admin
The day that millions of people waited for the world over ended in … scandal. On May 1 DV-2012 Lottery participants learned their fate: whether their entries were selected, or were being told “better luck next year (if there is a Lottery next year).” But what the losing participants did not count on was that the overwhelming majority of winners were those who submitted their entries on October 5 and 6, 2010, the first two days of the DV-2012 Lottery. For DV-2012, the “early birds” did get the proverbial worm – the right to pursue immigrant visa applications at US consular posts abroad or adjust status to permanent resident if lawfully located in the United States.

As a reminder, the Department of State accepted DV-2012 entries from October 5 until November 3, 2010. DOS encouraged applicants not to wait “until the last week” to submit their entries in order to avoid being locked out of the system by an expected surge in last-minute applications. In its DV-2012 instructions, DOS notified applicants that “the computer will randomly select individuals from among all qualified entries.” Absent from these instructions was notification that in order to be considered “qualified”, one needed to have submitted his entry on October 5th and 6th, at least for the overwhelming majority of those being selected.

I first learned of the Fivers and Sixers from two independent, reliable DV sources in Uzbekistan and Ukraine. I then checked out a few Internet fora (which I rarely do), and found that they were ablaze with fury. This link has a representative discussion: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323624-DV-2012-was-a-SCAM-!!!& According to one entry, “… there is the user on this forum that claims his company prepared 252643 entries and had been submitting them 10000-12000 per day from 7 to 29. First day – on 6th they were submitting fewer entries (2250) as they were testing. AND THE WINNERS WERE: 1301 wins on 6th, 0 wins from 7 till 17, 57 wins from 18 to 29.” The consensus appears to be that a minor bug in the computer’s algorithm led to the problem, although this is of course little succor to those not selected.

One side effect of this skewed selection is that numerous husband and wife entrants each were selected. Obviously, qualified individuals in the same family are likely to submit their separate entries at or about the same time. As a result, husbands and wives who submitted on October 5th and 6th were more likely to be selected separately than if the entries were selected evenly over the 30 day registration period. Because only one “winning ticket” will be used per family, this could have the ultimate effect of reducing the number of immigrant visa applicants and visas issued below the standard allotment of 50,000.

To date, the Department of State has not announced the official results of DV-2012 (number of participants, country-by-country breakdown of the selectees) or commented on the skewed results. In the meanwhile, we encourage those affected to contact the Office of Inspector General at the Department of State to express your concern. E-mail address: oighotline@state.gov One should of course include identifying information – including name, confirmation number, country of birth, date of birth, date of submission, and contact telephone number.

The cardinal principle underlying the DV-Lottery is that it is supposed to be random. DV-2012 was not. We look forward to the reaction of the Department of State. At the least, we urge it to take steps to ensure that the 50,000 green card allotment is exhausted – as Congress intended.

xxx
there we go!!!

@Magkin and Njugunuts,
How much did you pay for the medicals? I booked for our medicals and they told me to go with 82,000/= for the 3 of us. I think this is too high. Ama its bcoz of our small boy?
Pliz let me know. Any one who has an idea how much medicals for a family costs can also chip in.

@Magkin and Njugunuts,
How much did you pay for the medicals? I booked for our medicals and they told me to go with 82,000/= for the 3 of us. I think this is too high. Ama its bcoz of our small boy?
Pliz let me know. Any one who has an idea how much medicals for a family costs can also chip in.

Hi Maimazoo,

I also think that is too costly. I have already done the medicals and i spent 20,000. for kids its slightly higher because they need variety of immunizations compared with adults. But once you get to IOM they will advise on how much you need to pay and you have to book first before you go for medicals. All the best.

Hey guyz iwoud like to thank you all for your prayers and support may you all be blessed.@nellimah2 and scarnam dont worry coz the battle has already been fought na greencard ni yako.FOR the dv2012 winners just take heart and know everything has areason.Plus the people going for interview these month and months to come put God fast in everything.Anyway iam planning to fly in 3weeks tym anyone with arough idea of the cheapest flight please help

Gichan,

Thanks,

but this is what they say in their medical instructions page concerning the fees -:
"Sufficient funds for medical and vaccination fee. The cost of the initial medicals assessment will be USD 138 for adults while a child (below 15 Yrs) is USD 105. In addition to the above flat fee, the additional charges for vaccination will depend on what the panel physician will determine i.e. given your age, sex, medical history, current medical condition, previous vaccinations and etc. It ranges between USD112 to USD294." I take it to mean that $112 is the highest a child can pay and $294 is the highest an adult can pay which means a total of $700 for us multiply this by lets say 85/= as exchange rate that gives you kshs. 59,500/=. The 82k they are talking about is still too high.

Dear Mamaizoo,

Your welcome. Yah its true as to what they have indicated about the medical assessment fee but as for vaccinations they differ and it will depend with what the doctor writes after having the physical examination with you and your family. i doubt whether you will spend more than 60k but its wise to carry extra money just incase.

Mamaizoo, Iam too planning to go for the medical with my small girl, and lam worried about the amount.
many people have been spending betwn 20,000 - 25,000k.
I will find out from magkin what he paid in mombasa since lam planing to do mine in mombasa.
gichan where did you do the test and how was it? Iam current in July, but haven't known the date for the interview. do you people think its too early to confirm? I wanted to do the medicals and police report as early as possible.
My work involve a lot of travelling, I might be send out and caught unawre. please advice.
Nellimah2 and scarman, its true you have high numbers, but we pray and trust that you will get the interview.
About the concellation of DV2012, theres little we can do about it, but just pray that it be postive. After all we are all in Gods hands.
Mamaizoo... will box you........

Last edited by a moderator:
Olyn,
I did the tests at IOM on 4th Ngong Avenue along ngong rd. The medicals went on fine. I was there by 7.00am and i was through by 1.30pm. I would advice you to wait for your interview date because once you do the medicals they are valid for six months only. So you have to travel before the months are over. Once you receive your 2NL book for medicals immediately and proceed on. You can go ahead and do the police abstract because it takes two weeks to be ready. All the best. You shall make it.

Thanks so much gichan, I will wait for the second Leter and then do the medical, but in mombasa.
I wish you well as soon you will be going there.

Thanks

Thanks guys for giving us hope.having such big numbers and knowing you might be locked out makes me more worried.Pray for us.
What happens if we become current in september?,are we going to be given enough time to get everything done before interview?.

Thanks guys for giving us hope.having such big numbers and knowing you might be locked out makes me more worried.Pray for us.
What happens if we become current in september?,are we going to be given enough time to get everything done before interview?.

Hi Nellimah,

You don't have to necessarily wait for the 2nd notification letter to know the appointment date for visa interview. When you call KCC two months prior to the month your CN would normally be current, they would be able tell you the date of your interview. Since in September all CNs become current, I plan to call them on the 1st week of July to ask them about my date. That should give me ample time to prepare all the necessary documents. You could try to do the same. Cheers.

wuu, I don't think the waiting is getting too long! There are little activities happening here.
Where are we, ? Questions, suggustion etc.
The truth is, some of us are tense, but the good thing, is God is on our side.
What do you people think?

Olyn Its true tension builds up as the fiscal year comes to an end and as one tries to put together all the documents so that nothing goes wrong at the end of the day and it becomes worse for those like us with the very high case numbers. But the almighty God will definitely see all over us through.This is a year with a difference as the CUT off have moved real fast this year. The best thing is to make sure that you have done your best in terms of preparation up to the minute details of checking and rechecking your documents and leaving the rest to your creator