• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@ Becks n Nyasuna

Al the best pals!

@ Patem

you can send in the Ds 260 without the Address but by the time of the interview you MUST have found one. Its needed merely to send you your SSN and green card once you are in US.

First things first. send in your documents then you'll worry about the finances between now and your interview date.its a long wait.

hi. am a dv 2011 selectee. I thank God for giving us the opportunity this year. I would like to ask a question and please assist if you would happen to have an answer. D+ in my final results. Do you think i can be denied visa because of my grade in maths and the final grade aswell. Please help if you have any information on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Becks n Nyasuna

Al the best pals!

@ Patem

you can send in the Ds 260 without the Address but by the time of the interview you MUST have found one. Its needed merely to send you your SSN and green card once you are in US.

First things first. send in your documents then you'll worry about the finances between now and your interview date.its a long wait.
thanks my 2011. I will send the forms, then embark on getting the address.

Gichan the embassy in Nairobi usually say they review cases from D plain,and each case is unique.Email the embassy ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov.I hope that the 2011 group will be around to guide us through the Dv 2012 group.where are the Dv 2012 kenyan winners? please avail yourselves we share ideas.I pray that the Dv 2011 group have successful interviews.

Hi all,
I want to say thanks to God for selecting us to the DV Lottery 2011. Its our prayer that we are all going to make it. Kindly whoever has already gone for the interview update us on what happens and the questions frequently asked if you are going as single. Also what is the minimum grade of high school do they pick? What if one did not perform well in mathematics? can it affect? please help

Thanks alot Maju. Atleast am releaved to know they consider from D plain. I will email as you advised and see their response. I also wish you the best and with God all things are possible. Lets keep on praying for each other.

my interview experience---------success!!

first and foremost i thank God and all those who earnestly asked him to see me through.
My day started as 5 am, i drove into london to my friend's place then connected with the underground train. There were delays and this really freaked me out. I managed to arrive 15 minutes to my interview which was scheduled at 8am. I kept my phone in a nearby pharmacy.
The queue wasnt long and i sat down to wait for my name to be called. I got talking with a ghana lady which made me relax a bit. I was called to submit my docs.All he took ws my birth cert, 2 police reports and high school cert. He asked me how i intended to support myself to which i said i will seek employment. He gave me a cd of my x-ray.
I paid the $819 and sat down to wait for the real interview.

1 hr later:
I was asked to raise my right hand and swear bla bla bla....he didnt ask 1 single question but only remarked that "u got lovely fingers there", blush blush and relaxed even more. He asked for my kenyan fingerprints and attached to the rest of my stuff and then he said "go and pay the courier service, you will receive ur pass in 3-5 working days together with a brown envelope which you shouldnt open. Enjoy your stay in America".

That was it pple!!!! Isnt God great?

first and foremost i thank God and all those who earnestly asked him to see me through.
My day started as 5 am, i drove into london to my friend's place then connected with the underground train. There were delays and this really freaked me out. I managed to arrive 15 minutes to my interview which was scheduled at 8am. I kept my phone in a nearby pharmacy.
The queue wasnt long and i sat down to wait for my name to be called. I got talking with a ghana lady which made me relax a bit. I was called to submit my docs.All he took ws my birth cert, 2 police reports and high school cert. He asked me how i intended to support myself to which i said i will seek employment. He gave me a cd of my x-ray.

1 hr later:
I was asked to raise my right hand and swear bla bla bla....he didnt ask 1 single question but only remarked that "u got lovely fingers there", blush blush and relaxed even more. He asked for my kenyan fingerprints and attached to the rest of my stuff and then he said "go and pay the courier service, you will receive ur pass in 3-5 working days together with a brown envelope which you shouldnt open. Enjoy your stay in America".

Congrats becks..nice to hear that God did wonders and the interview was ok! when are you planning to travel?
All the best!

thanks be to the lord

may OUR LORD BE PRAISED.i had a successful interview at the embassy.i will be picking the visa on monday.am very excited and thankful at the same time for everyone in this forum.i was interviewed by a young american lady who was kind of friendly.she asked me my current occupation,my husband's occupation,where he was working and what i will be planning to do in the US[WORK RELATED].she told me hat all my docs were ok and to come on mon to pick the visas.thats all.i really praise GOD
@BECKS CONGRATS:)

1 hr later:

congrats Becks...Indeed God is great.wish u well

may OUR LORD BE PRAISED.i had a successful interview at the embassy.i will be picking the visa on monday.am very excited and thankful at the same time for everyone in this forum.i was interviewed by a young american lady who was kind of friendly.she asked me my current occupation,my husband's occupation,where he was working and what i will be planning to do in the US[WORK RELATED].she told me hat all my docs were ok and to come on mon to pick the visas.thats all.i really praise GOD
Nyasuna,congrats...nice to hear of your successful interview and we thank God for that.All the best even as you make the travel arrangements

Congrats nyasuna and all the best with your travel arrangements.

Congratulations Nyasuna and Becks; for us still waiting for the d-day, its always encouraging to hear successful interviews like yours.

Congrats becks..nice to hear that God did wonders and the interview was ok! when are you planning to travel?
All the best!

Congratulations Beck...We have faith that even the rest of us who are yet to go for the interview that we will also succeed just like you...May God bless you.

Congrats Becks and Nyasuna. Now those who remain are those with the very high numbers? Congrats to DV 2012 winners too, had applied for my family and no-one won :( Please read through the forum from the first post before you post questions, I'm sure you question will have been answered.

Still settling in, been very busy running up and down trying to get my SSN and green card, which have still not arrived (9 days later). I really hope they get here soon so I can get my driver's license and register my car (found a good deal) and apply for jobs. I have some prospective employment which depends heavily on that driver's license so I pray the documentation gets here soon.

All the best to those about to come this way, and if you have a Kenyan driver's license, you may want to consider getting an international driver's license from AA because some states like where I stay can let me drive with my Kenyan+International for upto 60 days, which would be great for job seekers. It'll cost maximum 2k so I think its worth looking into unless you have enough money/a very flexible host who can get you everywhere you need to go (though after a while you start feeling like you're bugging them).