• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Interview

LIL'ANGEL, how far have you gone with the preparations, and when is your d-day?

@ Olyn
my d day was on tuesday the 19th...:)

Interview experience​

First of all i would like to thank all of you for being there for me every step of the way...I found all the answers here and your help gave me confidence to face what was awaiting me...Thanks so so much!!

I had a successful interview...and right about now i am so so elated to every single thing that transpired this past week.

Since i live outside town i travelled on monday to be there on tuesday in readiness for my interview which was scheduled at 12 pm. On tuesday i was at the Embassy grounds at 11.30 am and found a rather small crowd waiting to go inside...the usual check in and frisking then was directed to another queue which was abit longer at the second gate. I had carried all my documents in a small folder so i was fast in giving them out when i was asked.

We stayed at the gate for quite sometime but having worked at the US embassy before, i was patient coz i knew it was just procedure. after about 30 mins i was let in, checked and passed through. Inside the interview area i was just directed to a counter where i was asked, to give out my birthh cert, kcse cert n photocopies, the police cert and passport photo and passport. I was then told to pay and they took my finger prints. here i was asked: If i was married, if i have ever been married before, if i have ever stayed in another country, if i have ever been in the USA...all anwered, i was asked to come the next day at 6.30 am for my actual interview..i was given my appointment letter which she indicated the return date and time on it.

at 6.30 am next day i was at the embassy again, was told to sit down outside to wait for my name to be called. I was called to window 10, a young american girl interviewed me. she asked me to swear if all the information i gave was true and took my right index finger print and asked me what i have been doing since i graduated from campus after i answered..she just smiled and said everything is fine i come collect my visa at 2 pm that very day ..at first i thought i heard wrong..hehe i asked again to repeat to me what she said and she did...i couldn,t bellieve but deep down i knew before i even stepped at the embassy that i am getting the visa for i had all the info from you guys and i just couldn't afford to blunder....i collected my visa and now am on the waiting list of leaving...al not be leaving very soon but i am makin plans for July.

I am so thankful to have met you guys who constantly and tirelessly helped me through all the processes.
@ Njugunuts i wish you safe travels, @ Magkin i hope you are enjoying every bit of your new status, @ Ngugi congratulations!! @ Olyn i wish you all the best as you await your d-day @ my2011 My prayers are with you as you await the results of your AP...I know you will testify success.
@ all new forumers I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart and i pray that you will all come out successful.

above all i thank God for giving me this and all of you...Happy Easter Holidays everyone!!

lil'angel, it was so easy, the Lord did it for you.. Cogratulation! once more.
I just wish you well beyond...
God bless you.

@all

Thanks for your prayers. still waiting 'patiently' for word from the embassy.Shouldn't worry much though.

@ ngugi n lil'angel

congrats !

@Olyn

you're making good progress. my thinking is if you can make the affidavit within the last 3 months to the interview given that you can pretty guess when you'll be current.

@njugunuts

safe travels

@Kamauz

where are you? still in my prayers.

with our 2yr old baby,picts taken on our civil marriage , we have a hospital insurance which we have been using since early 2009.

with these you are set for the interview. no panic, just answer any questions truthfully. Good luck n God bless.

Can one be given an AOS by a US permanent resident who has just supported one of her family members to migrate to the US or one has to look for another different person for an AOS?

@ Olyn
my d day was on tuesday the 19th...:)

Interview experience​

First of all i would like to thank all of you for being there for me every step of the way...I found all the answers here and your help gave me confidence to face what was awaiting me...Thanks so so much!!

I had a successful interview...and right about now i am so so elated to every single thing that transpired this past week.

Since i live outside town i travelled on monday to be there on tuesday in readiness for my interview which was scheduled at 12 pm. On tuesday i was at the Embassy grounds at 11.30 am and found a rather small crowd waiting to go inside...the usual check in and frisking then was directed to another queue which was abit longer at the second gate. I had carried all my documents in a small folder so i was fast in giving them out when i was asked.

We stayed at the gate for quite sometime but having worked at the US embassy before, i was patient coz i knew it was just procedure. after about 30 mins i was let in, checked and passed through. Inside the interview area i was just directed to a counter where i was asked, to give out my birthh cert, kcse cert n photocopies, the police cert and passport photo and passport. I was then told to pay and they took my finger prints. here i was asked: If i was married, if i have ever been married before, if i have ever stayed in another country, if i have ever been in the USA...all anwered, i was asked to come the next day at 6.30 am for my actual interview..i was given my appointment letter which she indicated the return date and time on it.

at 6.30 am next day i was at the embassy again, was told to sit down outside to wait for my name to be called. I was called to window 10, a young american girl interviewed me. she asked me to swear if all the information i gave was true and took my right index finger print and asked me what i have been doing since i graduated from campus after i answered..she just smiled and said everything is fine i come collect my visa at 2 pm that very day ..at first i thought i heard wrong..hehe i asked again to repeat to me what she said and she did...i couldn,t bellieve but deep down i knew before i even stepped at the embassy that i am getting the visa for i had all the info from you guys and i just couldn't afford to blunder....i collected my visa and now am on the waiting list of leaving...al not be leaving very soon but i am makin plans for July.

I am so thankful to have met you guys who constantly and tirelessly helped me through all the processes.
@ Njugunuts i wish you safe travels, @ Magkin i hope you are enjoying every bit of your new status, @ Ngugi congratulations!! @ Olyn i wish you all the best as you await your d-day @ my2011 My prayers are with you as you await the results of your AP...I know you will testify success.
@ all new forumers I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart and i pray that you will all come out successful.

above all i thank God for giving me this and all of you...Happy Easter Holidays everyone!!

Lil'Angel,

Congratulations! thanks for sharing your interview experience. I hope I get the second NL in Sept.

Njugunut, Iam so happy for you. Please keep in touch and may the blessings of our Lord follow
you behind.
my2011, I think you are right. I can wait and get the affidavit in June or early July.
I guess those are my possible months.
''Be still and know that Iam God!'' these are Gods' words to mankind.
Iam still praing for you my friend.I know the waiting is somehow stressful, but I trust all will be well.
mamaizoo please box me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks alot scarnam! Praying for you u will be scheduled for the interview! God bless!

@lil'angel thanks so much for the interview experince.i would like to ask u about the exchange rate used last week when you went for the interview.was it 80 or 81.pls kindly let me know coz naenda on tuesday next week.all the best in your preparation.

@lil'angel thanks so much for the interview experince.i would like to ask u about the exchange rate used last week when you went for the interview.was it 80 or 81.pls kindly let me know coz naenda on tuesday next week.all the best in your preparation.

Thanx Nyasuna,

The rate was 80=65520, n i gues it has always been that way coz they put the fees on the cashier's window. But just carry some extras incase they decide to say hata wao fuel costs made them change the rate...lol! I wish you all the best!! God Bless

It is encouraging to read the success story of members like @Lil'angel and @ngugi ,we wish them well as we wait for the chance of other members. With God we know everything is possible

becks i will rem u in prayers as i will be facing the CO on wednesday too.keep praying and everything will be fine.where is your interview scheduled?kenya or london.all the best

becks i will rem u in prayers as i will be facing the CO on wednesday too.keep praying and everything will be fine.where is your interview scheduled?kenya or london.all the best

thank u, wish u well too. My interview is in london. where is urs?

Hi guys,
I am a DV2012 winner, and I have a disturbing question, which am sure you guys have had to answer. I am filling in the DS-0230 form, and questions 10 and 11, where am supposed to fill in a "Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live, if known (street address including ZIP code). Include the name of a person who currently lives there."
As things stand, I don't have someone I know who can give me the address for the time being, and it might take time for me to try and search around all the records.
I am just wondering, is it a must someone must fill in the address or I can send the form without the address?
When it comes to the funds, that will not be a problem, caz I think should be able to show bank statements with the required amount of money.
Thanks Guys in advance

Hi guys,
I am a DV2012 winner, and I have a disturbing question, which am sure you guys have had to answer. I am filling in the DS-0230 form, and questions 10 and 11, where am supposed to fill in a "Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live, if known (street address including ZIP code). Include the name of a person who currently lives there."
As things stand, I don't have someone I know who can give me the address for the time being, and it might take time for me to try and search around all the records.
I am just wondering, is it a must someone must fill in the address or I can send the form without the address?
When it comes to the funds, that will not be a problem, caz I think should be able to show bank statements with the required amount of money.
Thanks Guys in advance

patem, Just try and look for someone slowly coz u do need a place to stay on day 1 in the usa. Dont panic as the results just came out and u have time to prepare. Meanwhile, pls edit ur signature so that we can tell where u stand in terms of interview

Guyz ineed your help,there is this friend of mine who actually went for interview last week and was denied the visa on
basis that his passport looked familiar to his brothers who currently is in the us.he was banned from ever participating in the lottery
and was given ared form.can he petition,and if so how.ireally pity him coz he has used alot of cash