• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Folks
my interview was today at the Nairobi embassy. unfortunately we(me and wife) were put in AP to allow them time to verify our marriage certificate since its foreign. apparently the certificate has to be sent to the us embassy of the country where it was issued for verification. how long that takes will depend on the speed of that country's embassy. All is legit though so if that's the only issue then its only a matter of time.

apart from the marriage certificate and replacement of passport, nothing else was asked.

good luck to you all going for interview.

All is legit though so if that's the only issue then its only a matter of time.

All the best. The embassies are quite fast so your wait should be over soon. Take the extra time to start researching travel details.

By the way Qatar Airways is having a sale on tickets where you buy one ticket, get one free. This offer is on tickets booked at http://www.qatarairways.com/100, tickets must be purchased between today and tomorrow ONLY and the travel must be done between 1st May and 10th June 2011 (all travel completed by 10th June) and applies to return tickets. Any of you who are interested can check this out.

Hi everyone.

Was quiet because time was limited as I was preparing to fly so I was putting everything in order, and I landed in Dallas yesterday. Quite well at the port-of-entry(first airport you land in in USA) because I had everything and then after all check ins I was welcomed and took the plane to Dallas(here no check-in again).
@my2011 all will be ok
@everyone planning to come be connected and profit from opportunities like that one njugunuts suggested.
@njugunuts, when will you come and what is your destination
@magkin, hope to see you very soon

Wish you all the best in your interviews and plans.

My2011 Iam sorry to hear about your case, but I know we serve a living God. All will be okey.
I pray that the marriage certificates will be verified in good time and be brought back.
You did not have weeding pictures?
Its good my2011, theres is still lot of time, so just trust.
my2011dv, all the best in the land beyond. may the favour of our Lord follow you behind.
God willing we will connect.
Magkin, please give me a call, you have my number.
njugunut, I have been very very busy puting things in place.
Kazi mingi, and most of the time, i have been travelling outside my station.
My visitors came and are still around. I told them about my case and they are just excited. However
iam still waiting upon the lord. when are you leaving njugunut? Just pray and wish you well.
Mamaizoo and the rest, the waiting continues........ God bless you.

By the way njugunut, the Nairobi embassy finally answered me on the issue of the single mothers.
They said, they will only need a letter from the father stating that, he has no problem, the girl being given the immigrant visa. so tracing this fellow imekuwa shida, but I know, I will find him.
otherwise all is well.

hi every1,wat up! thts hw we say it.
am doing fine @my2011 ohh sory 4 tht all willl be wel jst try to tocollect some more nw information on ur marriege like photos weding gown n the rest @olyn i wil cal u @nancy we r stl waiting 4 u @my2011dv welcome to america a land of all soufht of oppotunities.for the rest be well prepared

@njugunuts, when will you come and what is your destination.
Leave here on 24th and get there 25th April. Destination is Washington.

Keep us posted on your next steps, it'll inform us.

By the way njugunut, the Nairobi embassy finally answered me on the issue of the single mothers.They said, they will only need a letter from the father stating that, he has no problem, the girl being given the immigrant visa. so tracing this fellow imekuwa shida, but I know, I will find him.
Its good that they have finally confirmed what we thought. The dad should be happy she's going coz once she's a citizen she can sponsor him for a green card and he can sponsor the others etc. etc.

@ everyone abroad and in Kenya: One thing I have learnt determines how your life will be once you get there is credit rating. They don't have fixed interest rates huko but base it on your credit rating. Things like insurance, mortgages and credit cards are based on it. The most common kind is based on five factors:
35% - Payment History: Negative information.
30% - Debt: How much and what type?
15% - Length Of Credit History: This is how long you've had credit
10% - Credit Diversity: This is the different types of credit experience you've had e.g cards, mortgages, loans
10% - Inquiries: This is when a creditor checks your credit report

This would be a very lengthy post if I went into the nitty gritties of credit rating. Lets just say be smart about your financial decisions when you get there. You may want to google "improve credit rating as a new immigrant" and read through some of the entries before you open your first account and/or buy your first car or home for those who can afford it.

Hey Everybody!

Quite a silence there...sorry i have been keeping on track all my things. I did my medicals last week and i was so surprised they sent the report to the embassy but it's all well and good as Njugunuts say beta cause it's one less thing to carry. :) Now my interview is in a week's time. can you help me please....I need to know how much is the visa application fees for those who had their interviews last or this week and the exchange rate so that i don't get dissappointed when i get there with less cash. I will appreciate yo help. Secondly...do we carry our documents in files, or envelopes or just like that? cause i know they have restrictions. And lastly how do we arrange the documents? sorry if am petty, but i read on a swedish thread on this forum that their embassy says they arrange an original followed by it's copy...does it apply to us too? Thanks guyz and i would also like to be included in the circle of friend by you guys....so we can help each other out! All the best to all who are waiting for the interview with me. God bless y'all!

hei my fellow bros and sis, I know the good lord will never let us down and he will lead us to the maximum satisfaction. my interview comes next week thursday. remember me in prayers my bros and sis. God lives forever!!!!!!!!

Quite a silence there...sorry i have been keeping on track all my things. I did my medicals last week and i was so surprised they sent the report to the embassy but it's all well and good as Njugunuts say beta cause it's one less thing to carry. :) Now my interview is in a week's time. can you help me please....I need to know how much is the visa application fees for those who had their interviews last or this week and the exchange rate so that i don't get dissappointed when i get there with less cash. I will appreciate yo help. Secondly...do we carry our documents in files, or envelopes or just like that? cause i know they have restrictions. And lastly how do we arrange the documents? sorry if am petty, but i read on a swedish thread on this forum that their embassy says they arrange an original followed by it's copy...does it apply to us too? Thanks guyz and i would also like to be included in the circle of friend by you guys....so we can help each other out! All the best to all who are waiting for the interview with me. God bless y'all!

Lil'angel

Attached find a document that will help with the arrangement of the docs.

Thanks all.
@ Njugunuts
i hope the embassy guys are as fast as you suggest.
@olyn/magkin

the CO did ask if we had photos and we showed her our civil marriage photos although we felt it was not really necessary since we married way back in 2006 and i entered my wife in the edv form in 2009.
at the end she was OK with everything but suggested that since she had no idea how marriage certificates from country X appear she will have to verify. we are OK with that.
As for any other supporting information(emails, finance docs more photos etc), we have a lot from our courting days if they need it but don't think it will be needed.

From the cases i witnessed its a bit problematic for couples with or without children. some how they'll put u into AP though depending on circumstances it may not be as long as we see in west African cases.
upto the time i left only singles were granted straight away with collection being that very afternoon.all couples/families were given the yellow sheet for AP.

@ Lil'angel

arrangement of documents is photocopy under original and u need:NL1/2, 1 passport photo, passport, kcse cert, birth cert, police cert(no copy), host address

No AOS was asked for

rate last week was $1:Kes 80 therefore( $819by 80 per person). but the rate seems to change rapidly so may be check the market values for an idea of what the embassy rate might be on your day.

all the best

@olyn

from what i saw with families with one parent, make sure you trace 'that fellow' and sort out the consent issue as early and as clearly as possible to be on the safe side.

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 49,300

Except: Egypt 34,300
Ethiopia 28,525
Nigeria 17,150
ASIA 28,600
EUROPE 29,450 Except:
Uzbekistan 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,300
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,300

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
2nd NL Received :waiting
Current : July
Medical :
Interview Date:
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Thanks so much njugunut for touching on--Credit rating,Dept control etc. its very important there.
anything you do or wants to do touches on that. Thats why I say people needs one another even while there. njugunut, please leave me with your email address, so that we connect even after this.
I told you about something remember,Will need you guys during my weeding right!
magkin, wish you the best waiting for the call.
lil'angel and WIZYFBABY wish you the best and pray for your safe passage next week.
my2011,thanks for the advice.You are right, the issues touching on children are abit senstive.
I traced the dad and will be coming mid may. He has accepted to swear the affidavit for the child, he was indeed very happy the first day I told him, that I and my girl won the lottery. he has no problem at all . The problem is that we last last people must conceal all the loopholes, incase we are put on AP, we might be time bad. otherwise I know we save a mighty God, who will only gives us what is good for us.

@ Olyn, I've inboxed you PAP! :)
@ Lil' angel, I wish you God's blessing on your interview, we all await your success story.

Almost about to leave (exactly two weeks to go) and so much nostalgia..... I think will be the hardest part about moving. However, every new experience comes with a sacrifice. Will be running around the next weeks so I doubt i'll get time to visit the forum till i'm in the US, if I don't, i'll fill you in from the other side. All the best to those still waiting to be current.

Oh njugunut,you've been such ablessing to the forum.
we wish you well to the other land beyond. May Gods' favour follow you behind.
We will keep intouch.
Remember to connect with kina magkin and and others who have already gone. And please trace for oliseh. Check out what our nigerians and Ghanians collegues are doing, they never lose touch!
Others, lets pray and be patient.
Mamaizoo, hope you've know your month! God help you as you prepare.

hi olyn, am ok ive sent u a msg since it was night in kenya.@lil angel u will pass jst be confident ensure u hav everythin in order, photocopy ur documents n keep them separate dont mix thm up.even after u enter the embassy early u will find tim to arrange all ur paper n ensure u have thm intact.make sure u keep ur paasport pics in good place.also keep smone standby to encourage u to the embasy.in case u need anythin smone is near.(if u dont have its stil ok).dont knw hw the rate is but carry sm excess jst in case.dress simply if ur lady avoid so much make up tht cn put off the c.o.n other pple.if a man alot af suites na ll tht is unecesary
wat am saying might seen simply bt very important.
look at the c.o on the face dont look at different angle whn adresing the c.o.
i wish you all the best it wont take long n u will be through.

@ Scarnam..Thanx so much so informative.
@ Njugunuts..Thanx for your best wishes. wish you all the best too as you travel! safe flight and keep us posted!
@ Olyn..Thanx very much for the wishes too. wish you the best as you wait to be current too.
@ My2011..Thanx much for the rates info atleast i have an insight now. all the best too as you await the outcome of your Ap praying for you tht it gets through quickly!
@ Magkin..ahsante sana!! That was quite informative..I will do just that and thanx for the encouragement i am also hoping for the best. I wish you well in the land far beyond..hoping to join you soon.

God bless y'all!!

God be with you lil'angel., remember magkin advice.
Thanks magkin for your advice, I've also taken in something. Thanks too for the text. I got it.
Thanks njugunnut for the wishes.
scarnam,my211,and the rest, lets keep the forum moving.when things are slow, no questions, I always
believe all is well. mamaizoo we miss you plz..