• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

@my 2011,headed to Virginia on the side near DC. Decided to go there coz my friends are willing to host me thus making it easier to start off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody mentioned that one could book at IOM and that the air tickets are relatively fair; how is that possible? Is there a travel agent there? and what airline is that?

Somebody mentioned that one could book at IOM and that the air tickets are relatively fair; how is that possible? Is there a travel agent there? and what airline is that?

Its possible coz I just did that like i said paid 57k to Boston on British Airways.....Just call them or pay them a visit it can really save you lots of cash...Note that it is only available to Guys with Immigrant Visa and students too...Please put up your signature too

I think it depends on the state coz in the State I'm going to, if you have a foreign DL, you don't have to take lessons and only do a vision and road skills test. If you don't, you have to take lessons (=spend more money), then still do the vision and road skills test.

Thats right just as Njugubuts has said...I personally dint get one coz KRA has issuz...So I have to do evrithin and Njugunuts please put up your Signature

hi every1 am glad we hav more new people 2 keep the forum runin.i realy thank God 4 bein geat 2 me in preparations.i will be in nai on monday 4 final touchez b4 departure.@ trixam can u plz brief me hw it was at port of entry.@ olyn wat hapend?@ menjo my2011dv,n others due 4 interview am realy prayin 4 u guys that u will sucessd.bcoz Gods timing is the best.@ njugunuts il keep in touch whn i get there.@ kamauz u r so quet i believ things wil work ur way all the best guys.

Nothin much at the point of entry they jus take your fingerprints and you are admitted...Note that if you want to change your address of where you are headed to please do that at the point of entry

Hi guys.
I was not using internet these days because I am running here and there to get all the docs.
I find only best wishes and hope it will go the right way for all of us.

Hi guys. Now here is my case as i went for the interview today.At some minutes to 7am linedup at the gate then as ussual the screening.The cue was very long and it took two hrs before i got inside.Another cue was waiting for me and as i discovered we were 9 guys on Dv case.four had come for their interviews todays as they had presented their papers yesterday.I went on ok they took my papers at counter 3 then i was told to pay at the cashier ksh 65,520 then took back the receipt.something funny happened as we took back the receipts we were told to sit and wait,for like one hour we were just there then heard our names being called at counter 10.We were shocked to note that we were to be interviewed right away.Just before i composed myself my name was called at counter 10,there i met this white lady who asked me to vow accordingly then took my finger print and finally asked me only three questions.1. What are you doing currently.2. Where did you go to school.3. whom will you be staying with.In less than a minute i was done and the lady gave me a receipt told me to come tommorow for my visa at 2pm.that was my simplest yet funniest day ever.We bless the lord for everything.see you guys kesho.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: Oct 2010
Interview Confirmed: Feb 2011
Police cert:applied : 20 Jan 2011
2nd NL: Arrived 6, Jan 2011
Medicals: Completed 20Jan 2011
Police Cert Picked 8feb 2011

@menjo!

Congrats! Funny indeed! Was your day, thanks to God.

@my2011dv

All shall be well with you.God bless

@ menjo

Hi guys. Now here is my case as i went for the interview today.At some minutes to 7am linedup at the gate then as ussual the screening.The cue was very long and it took two hrs before i got inside.Another cue was waiting for me and as i discovered we were 9 guys on Dv case.four had come for their interviews todays as they had presented their papers yesterday.I went on ok they took my papers at counter 3 then i was told to pay at the cashier ksh 65,520 then took back the receipt.something funny happened as we took back the receipts we were told to sit and wait,for like one hour we were just there then heard our names being called at counter 10.We were shocked to note that we were to be interviewed right away.Just before i composed myself my name was called at counter 10,there i met this white lady who asked me to vow accordingly then took my finger print and finally asked me only three questions.1. What are you doing currently.2. Where did you go to school.3. whom will you be staying with.In less than a minute i was done and the lady gave me a receipt told me to come tommorow for my visa at 2pm.that was my simplest yet funniest day ever.We bless the lord for everything.see you guys kesho.

hi menjo, this is a record breaker. This is one of the fastest/quickest interview testimonies i have ever read. Congrats man! God you are miracleous! Gudluck in your future and God bless!

.In less than a minute i was done and the lady gave me a receipt told me to come tommorow for my visa at 2pm.that was my simplest yet funniest day ever.We bless the lord for everything.see you guys kesho.

Congratulations menjo, Our God is in deed marvelous. Look at what He did for you, all glory and honor we give unto Him.

Menjo, that was Gods grace and it is good to hear that with God everything is possible. For those ready for the interview keep the fire burning lets know of the outcome . we are now a family in this forum. @My2011 thanks for the information as the process of acquiring bank statements would have given me a hell of a time

How Serious are they about KCSE Grades cutt-off?
Congratulations Menjo for getting the visa; am happy for you guys and hopefully the success will continue throughout the months :). I have a question about education qualifications; like I mentioned earlier, its my wife who's the selectee. If we get an interview date (her CN is really high), we'll have no problem getting all the necessary docs required. We however have one concern; her KCSE mean grade is D (plain); is this enough grounds to not be granted visa? After secondary school she studied for a diploma and she successfully sat for some Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) exams in Commerce, Business English etc and got distinctions, credits, passes etc. Do you think the embassy will evaluate her in terms of all the certs she has or only on her KCSE grades?

CN::2011AF00089***
July 2010 Sent Forms by Flight Global
Confirmed Delivery : July 2010
KCC confirms receipt: August 2010
Interview Confirmed: Hopefully Sept 2011
Police cert:Waiting for confirmation of date interview
2nd NL: Hopefully in Sept 2011
Medicals:Waiting for confirmation of date interview
Police Cert: Waiting for confirmation of date interview
PoE: Seattle or Dallas-ForthWorth

Menjo,

Congrats again for the visa; wonderful news indeed! We're parying that we'll current in Sept. You mentioned that you paid Ksh 65,520 after your interview. Is the money the issuance fee? Am a little confused as per the amount because according to the info I have, the amount is supposed to be $440 per applicant, which translates to around Ksh 36,000. You paid 65k, what was the additional money for?

CN::2011AF00089***
July 2010 Sent Forms by Flight Global
Confirmed Delivery : July 2010
KCC confirms receipt: August 2010
Interview Confirmed: Hopefully last week of Sept 2011
Police cert:Waiting for confirmation of interview date
2nd NL: Hopefully in Sept 2011
Medicals:Waiting for confirmation of interview date
Police Cert: Waiting for confirmation of interview date
PoE: Seattle or Dallas-FortWorth

Menjo, when God is on your side, who can be aganist you?
May Gods' blessingS follow you all........... the way!

Scarnam.I frend of mine had a slightly similar questn about education qualification.She had failed in Maths and wanted to know if she would qualify because it has been said before that they require 5 passes.Some say including maths and english,others say just 5 passes regarles of subject.Ths was the case with nigerians and ghananians.But l emailed the nairobi embassy thro' an email address l got on ths thread. They told me that they start considering cases from D plain and that they also consider other things(i then about courses done and job experience)I also consulted other frends who won the Dv and are olredy in the U.S they say that they were not strict with grades.But you know things change.The Dv fee is 819 $=65 k ,ksh as menjo has said.The nairobi embassy email address for Dv is ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov .Email them your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
her KCSE mean grade is D (plain); is this enough grounds to not be granted visa?

Scarnam,
D Plain is the minimum requirement. You need not worry about that. Also from what i have gathered they are not interested in your other certs if you are qualifying purely on Education basis.

Menjo,
You mentioned that you paid Ksh 65,520 after your interview. Is the money the issuance fee? Am a little confused as per the amount because according to the info I have, the amount is supposed to be $440 per applicant, which translates to around Ksh 36,000. You paid 65k, what was the additional money for?
The total is 819$ per person. That is 440$ in DV Lottery Fees, 305$ in DV Visa Fees and another 74$ which though i don't remember well is for security or something to that effect.

The total is 819$ per person. That is 440$ in DV Lottery Fees, 305$ in DV Visa Fees and another 74$ which though i don't remember well is for security or something to that effect.

This is very true...as it has been tabulated above, the total comes to 819$

@ menjo congratulations...that was rather straight forward and may you have many more lucky days.For all who are busy looking for documents,may the Lord help you find them without any stress.For those preparing for the interview, trust me its gonna be as simple as Menjo's.For those waiting to be current,hang on guys.its just a matter of time and we shall ALL be current. Good luck everyone.

Hi guys pole i was so excited jana till i had no time to post anything.Ok we went back jana at 2pm we were 6 of us who did instant interviews the previous day and as it was on tuesday the same happened.We waited for long ie like three hours but when the lady came with our visas we took less than 10 minutes and we were done.simple as that.I truly bless the lord for everything en for seeing us through.
For those on cue God will surely see you through.