• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Hi guys @Ngugi welcome back Sir.my 2nd NL arrived on friday last week and my interview is slotted Feb 2011.I thank God for everything so far.@ Mamaizoo concerning our documents this is what i just received from the Embassy.
(Sir,These documents need to be corrected in order for them to support your visa case. An attorney may be able to assist you with this.
Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy - Nairobi)

I have already contacted my lawyer and he's doing an affidavit to support my documents,so Mamaizoo you might think of doing the same to avoid any inconvinience latter.Otherwise guys i wish all members on cue ie Kamauz en Njugunuts a success.I want to start my Preparations next week.Godless you all.

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: Oct 2010
Interview Confirmed: Feb 2011
Police cert:Not yet
2nd NL: Arrived 6, Jan 2011
Medicals: Not yet

Hi guys someone clarify this to me.ie magkin.are there any document am required to fill before the interview???apart from going for the medicals and the police??Second i have two sponsors who are ready to give me letters.is it a must i stick to the previous one that i had indicated on the earlier letter that i sent to kcc or i can get a letter from these new sponsor.

Thank you forumers for being consistent. menjo congratulation on recieving your 2nd letter.
I hope magkin will be able to answer your question on whether you are to fill out some or 'uko poa'.
Hope you prepare well and as we await the postive testimony.
We continue praying for kamauz and njugunut. where is njugunut? I miss you on the forum!
mamaizoo we are here for one another. lets get the letters or affidavit of support from our sponsers, no taking chances.

I have a question here., when I was filling out my forms I did not indicate the address of where I will be picking my G-Card
cause I was not sure by then, now that I have a sponsor and I have the address,should I send the details or wait till the interview day?

Hi guys someone clarify this to me.ie magkin.are there any document am required to fill before the interview???apart from going for the medicals and the police??

hi menjo,
on the first day of interview u wil fil a form u tick where apropriate.e.g maried or nt?,divorce?how many children u have or not,gt a kcse grade nt les than d plain? ur name etc.use the sponsr u wrote first dont complicate things.for more detail look at my inteview experience it on previous thread.al best.

Hi all,
couple of questions.
Scenario:
Winner of DV lottery was in the USA, 2003-2006 as MALE F1 student. While there, got married to US citizen and they had a Child (US Citizen). Marriage didn't work, divorced (Got divorce documents). He withdrew application to change/adjust status from F1 to PR filed for him by EX-wife before any interviews. USCIS acknowledged withdrawal of this application. Student was on status and in good standing with immigration 2003-2006. Student left USA 2006, went to Canada. Now re-married, with 2 year old child(Canada Citizen). Student is a PR of Canada now and is back to University in Canada for MSC, Engineering.
Student entered DV lottery as married, details of wife and child (Canada) provided in initial entry and subsequent forms to KCC.

Questions:

1. Does this student need a police CERT from the USA? Lived there for more than 6 months but is it neccessary? Police certs from Canada and Country of birth will be got. Only 3 countries DV winner has lived in.
2. Any advice regarding any potential problems for this winner? Any one had a similar experience or read a similar experience here?

Just trying to cover all bases...many thanks.

congratulations menjo,and may he thats able to do exceedingly abudantly above all guide you through your interview and prepare well as you ensure that all your documents are intact,as for the fellow forumites am hopin by 2morrow we shall have the march bulletin. case no:33...

Has anyone gone for interview with a traditional or customary marriage certificate(without a wedding)? Please let us know.

Hi all,
i have one question...at the interview to prove that i completed high school can i use the kenya secondary school leaving certificate?
i am in college now but i am not graduated yet, so i wanted to know if this school leaving certificate is fine bcs i believe the university has my kcse.
thks a lot and good luck to all kenyans!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
Olyn, just update KCC and give them the details of where they will send ua G-Card. Changed my mailing address Monday through the same.

@Iwmi, pliz get the cert from the university, the leaving cert does not show your grade and is not a tangible evidence that you cleared high school as compared to the KSCE cert.

@ Ranaty2002, did you marry b4 or after you received your 1st NL? You will have to prove b4 the CO that your marriage is genuine, that you did not marry bcoz you won the green card may be through some photos from the time you guys met to the time of the marriage and even after, or a recording of the marriage ceremony if there was one. Other forumites can correct me on this however.

@ Ranaty2002, did you marry b4 or after you received your 1st NL? You will have to prove b4 the CO that your marriage is genuine, that you did not marry bcoz you won the green card may be through some photos from the time you guys met to the time of the marriage and even after, or a recording of the marriage ceremony if there was one. Other forumites can correct me on this however.[/QUOTE]

Mamaizoo, I got married 4 months b4 I won d lottery (b4 1 NL). But i registered d marriage after d forms had been sent 2 KCC.

hallo guys this is nyasuna.any news regarding march bulletin.the anxiety is killing me and i still dont know when i will be current.my case number is 2011af00029***.anyone one with the news pls update us.ive been reen reading this forum guys and its really helping alot.to magkin which part of dallas r u relocating to coz my POE will also be dallas where my bro is.lets continue supporting one another till we fulfil our dreams.goodluck to ngugunuts and the oter guy who will be going for their interviews this month.everyone all the best.

@nyuasuna relax, you are current in March:

Read this from the visa bulletin:

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MARCH

For March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Changeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 31,950 Except: Egypt 24,275
Ethiopia 18,650
Nigeria 13,100
ASIA 17,200
EUROPE 20,450
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 900
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,025

I am current in Feb but not yet received my 2nd NL. For Njungunuts and Kamauz we wish you all the best.We will also enter the USA and activate our green card and come back to Asia for some time,How do we go about this? any idea from those in USA will help.

Every blessing to all

@mamaizoo
thks for your advice.....but the university wont give it to me until i graduate...but it's an accreditated american university...how tha hell i could have enter if i didn't have the kcse? i hope at the interview they will accept the leaving cert and proff of my enrollment...(school id, exams tha i passed...)

Wow! Thngs r lukin up tho v js misd march by a few 10ths. :-( wishn u the best guys who r n wil b current in th nxt mnths.
Av a quiz, if i changd my POE frm one state to another as in i present anaa addres to th CO during my interview, wil it affect my visa processing? GBU all.

Mamaizoo, I got married 4 months b4 I won d lottery (b4 1 NL). But i registered d marriage after d forms had been sent 2 KCC.[/QUOTE]

ranaty2002, Then you don't have a problem. They may ask why it took you long to register the marriage, just be ready with an answer for them. It only becomes an issue for people who marry after they receive their 1st NL.

@mamaizoo
thks for your advice.....but the university wont give it to me until i graduate...but it's an accreditated american university...how tha hell i could have enter if i didn't have the kcse? i hope at the interview they will accept the leaving cert and proff of my enrollment...(school id, exams tha i passed...)

Iwmi, Can they give you a letter then for the purposes of the interview. Try see if they can give you one confirming they have the cert with them.

@mamaizoo

Iwmi, Can they give you a letter then for the purposes of the interview. Try see if they can give you one confirming they have the cert with them.

to iwmi i think its best to get the original certificate.its a one time oppotunity and u wouldnt want to waste it.am just curious why did the universitytake ur originals ive never heard of that.try ur best

is it possible to contribute to this forum using my phone.ive tried and its impossible.anyone using his phone?
my second question to all forumites is am current in march and i was wodering if i could contact KCC regarding a mistake i realised recently on my forms.i filled the wrong date of birth for both my mum and dad and i wanted to send the correct ones is it too late or can i email them and wait for their response.pls anyone?