• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Thanks a lot Njugunuts for your helpful punctual answers.We returned our forms in early Sept.What do you think of that? Is it gonnah affect the interview date given that we are current in Feb?

That sounds fine, you will prob. be scheduled for February. You can call KCC at +16065267500 from tomorrow (after the 15th of the month) and they'll let you know if you were scheduled for Feb. All the best.

Njugunuts, i needed a bit of clarification on the actual amount you paid for your medical..you mentioned that you spent a little over 20k and on the same post putting the sum at $138 which at current exchange rates equates to a little over 11K..

Njugunuts, i needed a bit of clarification on the actual amount you paid for your medical..you mentioned that you spent a little over 20k and on the same post putting the sum at $138 which at current exchange rates equates to a little over 11K..

Read through the post again. The balance of the money is from vaccinations,which you pay separately for and are not included in the $138.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Njugunuts...

I really appreciate on the response...i think i will start everythin in January as i open a new slade to write on in my new year! Thanx so much...anaa thing...

is it a must i have my immunization cards during medicals? my mum seem nat ta trace some of them n it gats me worried abit??....and then is it a must my sponsor fills I-134? or can just write a letter? and addressed to who? and what should she mention in the letter? and how can they prove its authentic?? as in the sponsor wrote it? cs sm1 can easily fake a letter.....

Happy Holidays family!

1. You can do medicals as early as is convenient for you. You get results the next day.
2. No need for recommendation letters from your employer, maybe for future employment in the States.
3. Wait a little bit to apply for the police clearance, after all only takes 2 weeks. You can apply in January.
4. Never too early to get an AOS, though Nairobi Embassy doesn't seem to ask for it.

I really appreciate on the response...i think i will start everythin in January as i open a new slade to write on in my new year! Thanx so much...anaa thing...

is it a must i have my immunization cards during medicals? my mum seem nat ta trace some of them n it gats me worried abit??....and then is it a must my sponsor fills I-134? or can just write a letter? and addressed to who? and what should she mention in the letter? and how can they prove its authentic?? as in the sponsor wrote it? cs sm1 can easily fake a letter.....

Happy Holidays family!

check this question here and the answer here

Read through the post again. The balance of the money is from vaccinations,which you pay separately for and are not included in the $138.

Thanks njugunuts, i now get it..i was of the impression that the $138 was inclusive of the vaccinations..

Ngugunuts, since we are both slated for a Thursday as per KCC, the new directives would mean if we took our papers to the embassy on the 20th which is a Thursday, we'd be forced to come back on a Monday for the interview. I was of the idea that if we presented our papers to the embassy on a Wednesday(19th) we could have our interview on the 20th(Thursday) as per KCC..

thank you katimich,i hope ther wont b much strugle coz iv startd learnin drivin.is it a must i gt a licebce from here?i wil b arlinton near dalas hw is that city acordin 2 u?hope u r not far from here.hey wat about ur boy hope u got my email.
how is the air force there my sponsor was telin me 2 join it coz iv done mechanical engineering could it b risky?
also my2011 thnk 4 the gud advices.kamauz n njugunuts n others u wil al make it in jesus name.
amennnnn!!!!!!

Magkin- Get some driving experience but dont bother taking the test cause you will not need that license- just the skills only. Arligton is not far from my place am abit north about 40miles, but within my loop. Military is good idea, infact might be the best way round the maze here. you will fit in just fine and can apply for citizenship within 3 yrs. plus lots of other benefits for life including free tuiton etc. The young man is still in Rabai, we plan for him to come over when the season is low and tickets are cheaper. I hope you guys can travel together, when are your dates?. your email did not work can you resend it or just email me and will reply- mmk1025@hotmail.com

Magkin- Get some driving experience but don't bother taking the test cause you will not need that license- just the skills only.

Actually Magkin and Katimich, according to the Texan Department of Public Safety (their equivalent of a DMV):

Currently Licensed in Another State or Country
A new resident moving into Texas, who is at least 16 years or older and has a valid driver license from another state, has 90 days after entry into the state to secure a Texas Driver License. You must:

1. Apply in person at a Texas Driver License office.
2. Complete the requirements for an original applicant (see Requirements above).
3. Surrender your VALID out-of-state learner or driver license, or a VALID out-of-country learner or driver license from France, Canada, or Germany, at the driver license office. The written and driving examinations will be waived, but you must still pass a vision exam.
OR
Surrender your EXPIRED driver license at the driver license office. You will be required to pass the written, driving and vision exams.
4. If you are under age 18, you must pass the mandatory driving test. NOTE: For customer convenience, some locations are pre-scheduling the driving exam. Contact your local Driver License office to see if appointments are offered.

This means that if you have a valid DL from Kenya, getting one there might be easier. However, KRA seem to be having a problem with DL's for most of this year, applied for a replacement in May and still waiting: ati sijui the "booklets" had run out. I shall not miss Kenyan inefficiencies. If you already have the skills, why not get a license and maybe make things ahead easier? My two cents worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Magkin and Katimich, according to the Texan Department of Public Safety (their equivalent of a DMV):

This means that if you have a valid DL from Kenya, getting one there might be easier. However, KRA seem to be having a problem with DL's for most of this year, applied for a replacement in May and still waiting: ati sijui the "booklets" had run out. I shall not miss Kenyan inefficiencies. If you already have the skills, why not get a license and maybe make things ahead easier? My two cents worth.

Trust me I am Texan for past many years they will not care less if you have a Kenya DL. Now you can use Tx. License should you go to
visit kenya. ( i do it all the time)

Trust me I am Texan for past many years they will not care less if you have a Kenya DL. Now you can use Tx. License should you go to

My bad, thought it would make things easier on the other side. You know best.

.....I was of the idea that if we presented our papers to the embassy on a Wednesday(19th) we could have our interview on the 20th(Thursday) as per KCC..

Emailed the embassy seeking clarification if I could do this, still awaiting a reply. Will let you know what they say.

its ok katimich i talkd 2 my sponsor hhe said its nt a must 2 hav kenyan DL.njugush if uv aplied one its gud atleast uv shown ur alredy a qualified driver.

Members:
seems all are on holiday;
compliments of the festive season to you all, thanks to God.:):cool:
By his power may we meet again in the coming year complete the all familiar unfinishhed business.

Happy holidays to you all.

Question for Magkin: What was the exchange rate for the USD to Ksh when you went for your interview? Wondering whether to carry USD or Ksh and want to make maximum savings. :)

Hi evryone,
Am back from x-mas and glad to see that you have kept the thread alive. Kwetu shags hakuna internet thats why i could not be found on the thread. Kamauz and Njugunuts your interview draws nigh and tis good to see you have prepared thoroughly. I wish you the best. To all, happy 2011. We shall all realize our dream to USA, for 2011 is the year of prosperity for us. God bless.

I think this may be the last update on my case before the interview: Emailed the guys at the Embassy about my interview date being on a Thursday since this would mean going back on Monday to the consular officer interview. Their response was:

Dear applicant,
Your interview is rescheduled to the Wednesday (*) of January 2011 at 12.00pm. You will be expected to return on the Thursday (next day) of January at 7.00am for an interview with a consular officer.

Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
US Embassy Nairobi

Its now official, I drop off my documents on Wednesday and interview on Thursday. @ Kamauz, I think this may apply to you as well, but confirm by emailing them.

Happy New Year y'all. Its been a great year and having all of you to share things with has been great. May God fulfill all your needs in the New Year.

Happy new year to all forumist. First of all I just have to apologise for having disapeared for a whole month. ngugunut, mamaizoo how are things in the house? I hope all is well, magkin,are you still in the area or left, my2011 , kamauz and evryone else wish you all the best.
As I had stated just arrived back in the country on the 30thDecember.trying to settle now.
Njugunut I left Buffalo and went to South Carolina, I tried also to walk places and see the job market, by the grace of God, its affordable provided you are focused and wok hard.
Who is next for the interview, we have to continue ith the house prayers.
I don't know where to start from, but will wait and read first, but Iam back and waiting...........................

Happy new year to all forumist. First of all I just have to apologise for having disapeared for a whole month. ngugunut, mamaizoo how are things in the house? I hope all is well, magkin,are you still in the area or left, my2011 , kamauz and evryone else wish you all the best.
As I had stated just arrived back in the country on the 30thDecember.trying to settle now.
Njugunut I left Buffalo and went to South Carolina, I tried also to walk places and see the job market, by the grace of God, its affordable provided you are focused and wok hard.
Who is next for the interview, we have to continue ith the house prayers.
I don't know where to start from, but will wait and read first, but Iam back and waiting...........................

Welcome back Olyn, we are here and things are going on well. Kamauz and Njugunuts are going for their interviews in a few days time. Our prayers are with them. I wish you could give us a detailed report of the job market there coz it seems to worry majority of us.

Mamaizoo, No easy things, 'kazi hakuna' they mean' white coller' job. but while still waiting for it, you can do anything to survive,yes. secondly it depend on where one is landing. I was introduced to a kenyan freind who just work part time in a factory.Hes' bought a pick-up and do light- transport work while off duty. He is doing well, and is happy, while actually he is a graduate looking for a teaching job. God will see us, God who handed you this oprtunity, can not lead you to suffering mamaizoo and the rest.
I miss njugunut, hope she's ready for the interview, kamauz, we pray for them.
when are you current mamaizoo?