• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners from Kenya Report Here!

Hi sorry been away from forum. send an email and will hook up with my Boy. Also I can share a few things about USA with you. I am from Coast been in US for many years- live close to Dallas. email me at mmk1025@hotmail.com my name is Mike.

hi katimich,thnks alot email mbuguaperminus@yahoo.com it wil b great 2 meet him.
to forumites whre r u olyn hwz states winter?mamaizoo,njugunuts,kamauz hav u started christmas holilidays? say smthin.bennit hw r thnz?

hi katimich thanks,it wil b nice atleast u wil get a clear picture of ths new land. u cam e-mail me mbuguaperminus@yahoo.com
to mamaizoo,olyn,njugunuts,kamauz n others u r so quet hav u startd christmas holidays?say smthn........

Magkin, am just around watching the thread. Haven't gone for holidays yet, at my place of work we close for just a few days xmas time so not much time to enjoy.

Magkin i visit this thread on a daily basis,. i just dont post much since everyone's gone...KCC told me they sent my 2nd NL on the 20th of November so i should have it by mid December..wlcm back Mamaizoo

Hello bro,
Its quite a while i heard from you.Im sure you are ok.
Please,i want your favor.I called KCC,and they say my interview had been scheduled.But,im yet receive my interview package.
Please,i want to plead if you could give me hint of what is the content on the second NL,and what website im i expected to go to this time to make a print of the relevant application forms.Please,i need your help on this so that i may have filled all the relevant forms before i eventually receive the second letter.
What im asking of is,what are the contents on the second letter,what are the sites to go to to print the forms and fill,and all that.
Thank you,as always.
JAYJAY.
bboyd41@yahoo.com

Hello bro,
Its quite a while i heard from you.Im sure you are ok.
Please,i want your favor.I called KCC,and they say my interview had been scheduled.But,im yet receive my interview package.
Please,i want to plead if you could give me hint of what is the content on the second NL,and what website im i expected to go to this time to make a print of the relevant application forms.Please,i need your help on this so that i may have filled all the relevant forms before i eventually receive the second letter.
What im asking of is,what are the contents on the second letter,what are the sites to go to to print the forms and fill,and all that.
Thank you,as always.
JAYJAY.

bboyd41@yahoo.com

Jayjay,
If u are waiting for your 2nd NL, I don't think at this stage you need to download any forms for filling. The 2nd NL informs you of your date and time of interview and the docs you need to present at the embassy at the time of inteview. Pliz update your signature to include your case number and other details. May be Magkin and Katimich can let u know about the content of the 2nd NL in details since they have it. All the best.

Hi Jay-jay, please include your signature, and talk to the forumist, You will get help.
There are many people who have made it, and are here to help their brothers and sisters. we are one family here. When waiting for the interview, you must have done the medical, police report etc.
just as mamnzoo puts it, katimich friend, and magkin can be of help here. but make sure you put your signature down., you need not to download more forms at this stage.
Magkin, Olyn is not lost from the forum, Buffalo is very cold, lam just busy doing this and that.
Njugunut, mamazoo, kamauz, Iam here,upto the last day of this Dv 2011 thing, then all of us will move to another step I suppose. I thank the Dv thing for having given me a knew family- (the forumers)
God bless you all and wish everyone success.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello guys, i won green card and am now in USA. please can someone tell me what are the new dv lottery rules at nairobi us embassy.? what are they saying concerning KCSE certificate because i have a friend who rescheduled an interview and was denied a dv visa because he did not attain a D plain in KCSE. is this realy a new rule? there was no such a rule in our time. i moved to america this year 2010 september and i did my interview june 2010 this year and there were no such KCSE rules about grade. please advice me if its a new rule. my friend was denied. i cant believe.

hi jay jay welcom 2 the gud family,here u wil gt everythn nw whn u gt 2nd nl u wil nid 2 go 4 medical n b wit gud conduct, pasport,3 photos u knw its requreiments form 4 academic cert, these r most i important n leter from sponsor.the 2nd nl has date,time,us embassy 4 interview n ur told to browz www.dvselectee.state.gov instruction 4 for requirements whch iv givn u thats all.
wish u al the best prepare fully n concentrate well 4 wat u nid.

hi parsitau yes u r given a form 2 fil u tick if u hav a D n above n promise that if u have below tht u wont get visa by signing below the form i thik its smthin new in nairobi embassy.
if i may ask whch state do u reside?thank u n welcome to the family many wil nid ur help coz u hav experience welcome again......

guys
seems like we all watching the developments as the thread moves on.:) so long as everyone knows what they need to know, asks what they need to know and responds to what they know or experienced, then all is well in the Kenya dv 2011 house.what else that remains is time to move on. waiting can feel like 'going nowhere slowly:( or or is it going somewhere slowly:cool:"

hello guys, i won green card and am now in USA. please can someone tell me what are the new dv lottery rules at nairobi us embassy.? what are they saying concerning KCSE certificate because i have a friend who rescheduled an interview and was denied a dv visa because he did not attain a D plain in KCSE. is this realy a new rule? there was no such a rule in our time. i moved to america this year 2010 september and i did my interview june 2010 this year and there were no such KCSE rules about grade. please advice me if its a new rule. my friend was denied. i cant believe.[/QUO

Parsitau,
At the start of DV 2012,they had a consular officer at Classic fm n i remember her saying that those who have not attained D plain and above need not apply coz they dont qualify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those guys at Posta need to call off their strike ASAP...some of us have 2nd NL's to look forward to

Hi family,

Been away doing some little jobo to earn money for medicals and interview fees, thank God for miracles. Came back to this thread to learn two new and very interesting things:

1. You cannot apply for DV if you don't have at least a D plain. This is very interesting(though quite sad). I guess it had to catch up with us though at some time since they have a similar rule in Nigeria, and kwanza theirs includes grades in English and Math. I wonder what happens though to those who have other qualifications e.g diplomas and certificates?
2. There is a strike at the post office. WHAT! Enyewe they had better get back to work. I think I'll call up KCC though today and ask them to send my 2nd NL by email thanks to the strike and the fact that it takes 2 weeks to process medicals and with the XMas break upon us, the sooner I begin the better. @ Kamauz, I'll let you know if they agree to send it so you can also use the same excuse and get them to send yours on soft copy as well.

Nice to know that everyone is still there, watching this thread. :) Happy holidays to y'all.

And some questions for Magkin:

1. When do you intend to travel?
2. Do you remember the exchange rate at the Embassy? Trying to decide whether to pay at the Embassy in KSh or come with USD.
3. I hope the fees are still 819 USD?
4. You handed in your papers on a Thursday and came for your interview on a Monday, right? Asking because both Kamauz and myself are slated for a Thursday as well.

So, I found this on US Embassy for Nairobi, I think we can all learn from it:

From the 1st of October 2010, the Immigrant Visa Unit in Nairobi, Kenya has adjusted its visa application process. The unit will receive documents and interview applicants on two separate occasions and days.

On the initial appointment date which is scheduled by NVC, the unit will receive applicants’ documents and advise them to return for the interview on the following day.

Appointment dates are restricted to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 12.00noon and 1.00pm. Interviews will be conducted on the following day after document submission between 07.00am and 08.00am.

Third country nationals (non-residents of Kenya) are advised to avoid scheduling their appointments on Thursdays since this will result in your interview being conducted on the subsequent Monday.

Diversity Visa Program 2011
As much as the diversity visa program closes on 30th of September, all (DV 2011) applicants are encouraged to start their visa process early enough to avoid disappointment. The Embassy will accommodate anyone wishing to pursue their application only up to 15 of September 2011. PLEASE NOTE THAT 15 SEPTEMBER IS THE LAST DAY THAT ONE CAN BE INTERVIEWED.
Important Notice:
We are closed to the public the last Wednesday of every month and any Kenyan or American holidays.

Njugunuts, i talked to a friend of mine who works at the GPO today and he told me that the strike had been called off sometime last week..i guess there's no cause for alarm afterall....

Hi gud people, This gud updates from kamauz and you Njugunuts, You guys you r our hopes now, we are looking ffwd to see a success story.lets here wat KCC says about sending you the 2nd NL on soft ie email.@magkin kindly update us oon any news.Does anyone know how long should you stay before you immigrate ,ie after you are issued the visa.do they have a deadline??am on contract where i work and its always good to give notice early.God bless you all

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: NOT YET
Interview Confirmed: NOT YET
Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

Hi gud people, This gud updates from kamauz and you Njugunuts, You guys you r our hopes now, we are looking ffwd to see a success story.lets here wat KCC says about sending you the 2nd NL on soft ie email.@magkin kindly update us oon any news.Does anyone know how long should you stay before you immigrate ,ie after you are issued the visa.do they have a deadline??am on contract where i work and its always good to give notice early.God bless you all

CN::2011AF00025***
NL Dated: APRIL 2010
1stNL Received: May 2010
Jun 2010 Sent Forms by DHL
DHL Confirm delivery : Jun 2010
Kcc confirms receipt: NOT YET
Interview Confirmed: NOT YET
Police cert:
2nd NL:
Medicals:

hi menjo...the Visa expires after six months

Hi everybody am new here.why the thread make quite so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

The good lord will make way where there seems to be no way. amen!!!!!!!!!!!

CN: 2011AF00033***
NL Rcvd: 6th May 2009
Forms Sent to KCC: 8th july, 2010
KCC Confirms Receipt: august , 2010
2nd Letter Received: ?????????
Medical Started: ?????????
3 Police Certs. Received: ?????
Medical Completed: ????
Interview Date: ????????
Visa Picked: ??????
POE: ??????????
SSC Received: ????????