• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Unfortunately you can't expedite the process. But logically you should get the 2nd letter soon. KCC may have some processing delays before they send you the letter. But at the same time, they are not going to hold it, as you are already current.

thanks nahel for ur advise. i will do it. do u have any idea to get second letter earlier because my cut-off date is passed away??

Unfortunately you can't expedite the process. But logically you should get the 2nd letter soon. KCC may have some processing delays before they send you the letter. But at the same time, they are not going to hold it, as you are already current.
thnx.. an interview date, does it come with 2nd NL? 1 of my frnd told me he sent an email to kcc in april2011 and kcc replied him that his 2nd NL was sent on march2011.. but he has not got any letter from kcc. he was given interview date on 8 june according to their email.. im really confused about the processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, your interview date will be mentioned in 2nd NL.

Probably your friend's letter is missing somehow. It is not very unusual to miss a letter in Bangladesh. However, s/he can contact local post office and GPO. In my case, the first NL was missing even in US address. I needed to go through painful process for that. I could have got my GC in January, which was finally delayed to June.

I think, you still have sufficient time to finish all the process by September. Don't worry.

thnx.. an interview date, does it come with 2nd NL? 1 of my frnd told me he sent an email to kcc in april2011 and kcc replied him that his 2nd NL was sent on march2011.. but he has not got any letter from kcc. he was given interview date on 8 june according to their email.. im really confused about the processing.

@MASUD:THERE IS NO REASON TO WORRY ABOUT UR 2ND NOTIFICATION LETTER.IF U GET UR INTERVIEW DATE FROM KCC THROUGH E-MAIL AND FAIL TO RECEIVE 2ND NOTIFICATION SENT BY KCC U CAN APPEAR AT THE INTERVIEW WITH THE HARD COPY(PRINTED OUT) OF THE E-MAIL AND U MAY TELL THE CONSULAR OFFICER ABOUT THE POSTAL DELAY.BUT U MUST APPEAR AT THE INTERVIEW SCHEDULED BY KCC AT THE EMBASSY OF UR HOME COUNTRY OR UR DV CASE STATUS WILL BE INVALIDATED.ANOTHER THING U MAY TRY IS THAT U MAY SEND AN EMAIL TO DhakaDV@state.gov about it.

@MASUD:THERE IS NO REASON TO WORRY ABOUT UR 2ND NOTIFICATION LETTER.IF U GET UR INTERVIEW DATE FROM KCC THROUGH E-MAIL AND FAIL TO RECEIVE 2ND NOTIFICATION SENT BY KCC U CAN APPEAR AT THE INTERVIEW WITH THE HARD COPY(PRINTED OUT) OF THE E-MAIL AND U MAY TELL THE CONSULAR OFFICER ABOUT THE POSTAL DELAY.BUT U MUST APPEAR AT THE INTERVIEW SCHEDULED BY KCC AT THE EMBASSY OF UR HOME COUNTRY OR UR DV CASE STATUS WILL BE INVALIDATED.ANOTHER THING U MAY TRY IS THAT U MAY SEND AN EMAIL TO DhakaDV@state.gov about it.

thnx nahel... im just waiting for an email or postal letter from kcc. currently im living in London and in the ds122 i gave my uk mobile number for contact but as a postal address i gave my bangladeshi address . is there any chance that kcc can call on my mobile about interview date??

@nahel, tasfia007... Any news about ending AP . I mailed to consular office, they replied "required administrative review is still pending". I am upset. Passing through a painfull time.

নাদিয়াসাইফুর এব্ং তার পরিবারকে অনেক অনেক অভিনন্দন।।

যারা অপেক্ষায় আছেন......................... আরেকটু ধৈর্য্য ধরুন।সুখবর আসবেই।

shafiq232 vai,ur situation is really very painful.no news or update from me.this 9 may it will b 5 month.may god bless us all.

@Nadiasaifur: Congratulations! Really happy to see another successful story!
@Nahel: I think you will get the call very soon then, all the very very best wishes for you.

Oh, I got GC today but didn't get my SSN yet!

@Shafiq, Tasfia and Kabir: Don't worry just keep some more patient, inshaAllah, good news will come around soon. Be blessed!

@ttania : thanks. where r u now? which state?

@shafiq, nahel, tasfia & kabir : don't worry. inshallah u all ll get call from embassy ASAP. and also get visa.

from nadia.