• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Now a time max applicant in bangladesh under in AP, other then any other countries. My ques is like u all "WHY" ?

If you guys would have read this forum from the beginning then you must know FBI name check, background check also goes under AP. It has been discussed couple of times in this forum. As we are mostly muslims from Bangladesh and in most cases we have very common muslim name FBI checking takes more time (as there are lots of Muslim terrorist names in their database) for most of us. Let me explain you more:

1) Let's say you are married and doesn't have any child then they try to verify if you are really married or is it a story.

2) If you are from one very good university or bad university (whatever) they might try to verify if your certificates are genuine or not. For board mark sheets and certificates they have some way to verify from there computer (not very old ones) but for universities they don't have any. So a guy/gal who is from i.e Dhaka University it might take long time compare to other university that process things faster.

3) If you have very common name (Muslim and non muslim) then there is a chance that for your name there will be lots of match in FBI database. Then they take some time to verify you. FBI now says that in most cases (upto 98%) it takes from 72 hours to 3 months to get clearance. Rest of the 2 percents take even more than that. In my case it took around 4.5 months first time when I came to USA

PLEASE DON'T TRY TO COMPARE YOURSELF WITH OTHER (like you are educated and it is taking time where as for one guy from village who is only class 12 pass took less time). IT IS CLEARLY WRITTEN IN US WEBSITE (DIFFERENT FORMS AS WELL) EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT.

Thanks

If you guys would have read this forum from the beginning then you must know FBI name check, background check also goes under AP. It has been discussed couple of times in this forum. As we are mostly muslims from Bangladesh and in most cases we have very common muslim name FBI checking takes more time (as there are lots of Muslim terrorist names in their database) for most of us. Let me explain you more:

1) Let's say you are married and doesn't have any child then they try to verify if you are really married or is it a story.

2) If you are from one very good university or bad university (whatever) they might try to verify if your certificates are genuine or not. For board mark sheets and certificates they have some way to verify from there computer (not very old ones) but for universities they don't have any. So a guy/gal who is from i.e Dhaka University it might take long time compare to other university that process things faster.

3) If you have very common name (Muslim and non muslim) then there is a chance that for your name there will be lots of match in FBI database. Then they take some time to verify you. FBI now says that in most cases (upto 98%) it takes from 72 hours to 3 months to get clearance. Rest of the 2 percents take even more than that. In my case it took around 4.5 months first time when I came to USA

PLEASE DON'T TRY TO COMPARE YOURSELF WITH OTHER (like you are educated and it is taking time where as for one guy from village who is only class 12 pass took less time). IT IS CLEARLY WRITTEN IN US WEBSITE (DIFFERENT FORMS AS WELL) EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT.

Thanks

@zahidal thanks bro.:rolleyes: when u people give this kind of support its really too much helpful for our mental relief.thanks again.insallah good news is waiting for all of us

With the grace of allah everyone under ap will get visa.no doors open for us except praying to allah,all the blessed.

@zahidal thank u very much for your information's. in your post your signature inform us that your interview will 3/30/2011 . Hope For The best brother.

Zahid

Greetings to all,
@Zahidal thanks for sharing, noted ur information, very much initiative. Good luck for ur interview.
@Kabir, congratulations bro, keep communication with ur correspondece post office. Best of luck.

Dear All,
I got my interview Date my mail. It is frist week in may -2011.

Dear kabir, most probably you will get the letter in the last week of March 2011! I've got my letter 40days before my interview date scheduled!

@Zahidul brother, I've also heard long term AP be a cause of visa rejection specially for them who is single. Is it true?

Eagerly waiting for successful stories! All the best wishes for all of us!

BTW, I"ve collected my PCC ... And next step of my processing will be get notary on all of my legal documents photocopies and translation if needed!

@Zahidul brother, I've also heard long term AP be a cause of visa rejection specially for them who is single. Is it true?

Hahaha... why are you thinking that being single will increase your chance to get rejected? Don't worry Tania. If your papers are ok you will get your visa if the visa is available at that time.

Thanks

@zahidal thank u very much for your information's. in your post your signature inform us that your interview will 3/30/2011 . Hope For The best brother.

Zahid

Zahid

Thanks bro. Between if I remember correctly you are involved with IT, aren't you? I am also an IT person. Keep in touch when you are coming to USA.

can you plz explain available of visa?

There are only 50000 visas available every year for DV purpose and out of these 50000 one country can get max 7% which is 3500. So by the time when your turn comes if either 50000 cap or 3500 cap is filled you will not get visa (which is very very unlikely, it has never ever happened).

Thanks

as i have heard that visa officer is all in all for issuance a visa. If he satisfied with docs he will issue visa is it true. As dv requirements in only hsc pass so does they fully cheak university certificate from respective university. because in student visa this is mandatory but in dv i dont know.

@nomanrupa:An interview for a case no. is scheduled only after its visa no. have been determined.That is,an applicant once interviewed will get priority in issuance a visa if his/her interview is successful,no problem if the applicant remains under AP.And the visa cut off no. come to an end after fulfilling the visa availability for the next case no in the hierarchical position.So do not tense and not be confused.We must get visa.

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 42,000 Except: Egypt 31,200
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450

ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,150

Hi all,
Thanks for wishes!
Some new friends loged on this forum, i think you should show your signature, it helps us to understand many things.