• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

Hello,

It is my bad luck that I havent made MRP . everybody is rushing for making MRP.I have a hand written passport in which my present and permanent address is same and it is different to that of my DS 230. will it create problem in Interview? Being confused I went to the passport office (uttara), but they gave me some unnecessary information that I need to take a civil/ character certificate from ward councilor and have to go agargaon though I mentioned my present address is SABUJBAGH.momentarily I went to my Ward council but he denied to give me that as I am not "votar" under that council ( NID taken from different place). I guessed that it is an excuse for taking some money for "cha nasta". but He expresse such a way that I need to make my birth certificate for that he demanded 200tk. I paid that accordingly to his advice next evening I got my Civil Certificate.next day I went to Agargaon and came to know that I have to go to the Rayerbag Jartrabari branch. Taking a Autorikshaw I went to Rayerbagh But unfortunately it was nearly 3:30. so I have to come back. Next day when I went there they FOUND OUT a fault in attesting the docs though it was done properly. What my fate is!!!

Now friends suggest me what to do. My interview date is 13th march. Should I make MRP (urgent) or take other preparation with hand-written Passport?
Ami ki korbo. Ato tension ami sara lyfe a kokhono kori nai….I feel I die

Dear sstric36,
Relax .......... ' Ato tension korle 13th march ki korbe!!!!' just keep your mind cool in this time it is very important otherwise you will make mistake in your every step. It' Not a big problem , if your all address are ok, so i think u need not to change your passport, MRP (urgent) is not very easy to get in due time . If my passport made before get dv and dv's present address is different from passport present address so where is the problem ? Present address May change any time. If u lived your passport's present address so don't worry about that.

Zahid

Dear sstric36,
Relax .......... ' Ato tension korle 13th march ki korbe!!!!' just keep your mind cool in this time it is very important otherwise you will make mistake in your every step. It' Not a big problem , if your all address are ok, so i think u need not to change your passport, MRP (urgent) is not very easy to get in due time . If my passport made before get dv and dv's present address is different from passport present address so where is the problem ? Present address May change any time. If u lived your passport's present address so don't worry about that.

Zahid

Dear nadiasaifur,

Thank u a lot apu. You realize what a situation it is when everything is in mess. I want to remain tension free but it strike to my mind and make everything mess.
Thanks again for your kind response.

Usually In DS 230 form we need to give our present address.and present address may change any time.its not a big issue but Embassy in BD can make question on it.so its better to prepare all ur documents according to the information that u have provided on DS 230 form or DSP 122.

NB..Economic situation of USA is not good right now.Its very hard to find any job here.i am now in New york and searching job for last one month.

Dear ronne,

Yes, it the source of my tension that the present addresses are different in my passport and in DS 230. whatever I should be do rest of the things calmly so that no other confusion arise.

Don't worry,If you retrospect to the past you 'll see lots of trouble you experienced before entering US but finally you succeed. So everything will be okay gradually.

Thanks for your response. Wishing you delightful days.

ronne bhai
i m going to california next month.my younger brother arange a job for me.when i reached in california and getting my job. can i try a job for u.
and pls give me ur mobile no in my polash512@yahoo.com so that i can contact with u.good luck.

polash

Hello,

It is my bad luck that I havent made MRP . everybody is rushing for making MRP.I have a hand written passport in which my present and permanent address is same and it is different to that of my DS 230. will it create problem in Interview? Being confused I went to the passport office (uttara), but they gave me some unnecessary information that I need to take a civil/ character certificate from ward councilor and have to go agargaon though I mentioned my present address is SABUJBAGH.momentarily I went to my Ward council but he denied to give me that as I am not "votar" under that council ( NID taken from different place). I guessed that it is an excuse for taking some money for "cha nasta". but He expresse such a way that I need to make my birth certificate for that he demanded 200tk. I paid that accordingly to his advice next evening I got my Civil Certificate.next day I went to Agargaon and came to know that I have to go to the Rayerbag Jartrabari branch. Taking a Autorikshaw I went to Rayerbagh But unfortunately it was nearly 3:30. so I have to come back. Next day when I went there they FOUND OUT a fault in attesting the docs though it was done properly. What my fate is!!!

Now friends suggest me what to do. My interview date is 13th march. Should I make MRP (urgent) or take other preparation with hand-written Passport?
Ami ki korbo. Ato tension ami sara lyfe a kokhono kori nai….I feel I die

It'd be best if you make the MRP, because MRP contains your fingerprint, on the other hand, if your present address vary from DSP, then you should consider making a PCC from that location (if it is located in outside of Dhaka) as well, it's just my opinion regarding DV selectees instruction! There's another option I've found about handwritten passport that you can change particulars within 7days, it cost you 500/ BDT for urgent delivery, but you know our Govt. policies/system ... they make stuffs too much complicated! I'd recommend you to make a MRP! But one thing, don't get bent out of shape, getting worried make you weak and desperate! Be confident about your information! All my best wishes for you and to all who is going to be confronted interview! Be blessed!

hi all,

I need little help those who got visa and went to USA in 2010/11,i mean dv2011.

I want to know what all immigration officer asked in airport in usa?

Any problem done by immigration officer in bangladesh( as i heard they ask for money)

does anyone had to go to SSN office?

or any other thing has to do?

It'd be best if you make the MRP, because MRP contains your fingerprint, on the other hand, if your present address vary from DSP, then you should consider making a PCC from that location (if it is located in outside of Dhaka) as well, it's just my opinion regarding DV selectees instruction! There's another option I've found about handwritten passport that you can change particulars within 7days, it cost you 500/ BDT for urgent delivery, but you know our Govt. policies/system ... they make stuffs too much complicated! I'd recommend you to make a MRP! But one thing, don't get bent out of shape, getting worried make you weak and desperate! Be confident about your information! All my best wishes for you and to all who is going to be confronted interview! Be blessed!

ttania,
I am happy that you all emphasized my case. Actually when all come together then no problem can sustain there.All of you advised me very relevantly.whenever I asked any help you did.
I am very grateful to you all.Wishing you all success.

Zahid Bhai
Thanks for ur reply, It is encourage me enough. In additional processing they required the following information.

1. Which country I travelled and when
2. Which School I studied and duration
2. Where I did Job and time duration.
4. Did I apply for Imigration to other countries and Staus.
5. which phone number I used previously and now on.
6. My sibling details, Name and birth date.

rgds
suvro

ronne bhai
i m going to california next month.my younger brother arange a job for me.when i reached in california and getting my job. can i try a job for u.
and pls give me ur mobile no in my polash512@yahoo.com so that i can contact with u.good luck.

polash

Thanks palash bhai for your kind response...i wish i would have a younger or elder or any close relative in USA.so that i would have get job before entering USA..i will send my mobile number to your E-mail.when u r coming to USA?

@nazdv: Thanks for suggestions! :)
@polash512: Thanks for the information! Hopefully, I'll email at KCC at the end of this month!

@All: please keep informing us about your updates! Be blessed!

ronne da
i m going to california in next month.date not fixed.after entring ny u should do any kind of odd job then u search a good job for u.this may be best.

every body additional questionnaire are
1. list all international travel by country in the past 10 years.please specify month and year.
Ans. PLEASE SEE EXTRA SHEET.
2. list all passports that you now hold or have previosly held.please include passport number,issue date, expiration date and place of birth
3. list all educational institutions you have attended.please specify month and year.
4. list all occupations you have held.please specify month and year.if you own a business organization, please list that also.(please note: "Government Service", and "Business" are not acceptable answers. more details are required)
5. list all political,social and charitable organizations to which you have ever belonged. Indicate how long you have been a member of each organazion.
6. list all telephone numbers that you have previously used and also the one/s you are currently using.
7. list all p;revious residence.please give full address,specify month and year.By "residence" we mean any location that you ever lived since birth.
8. have you ever applied for immigration or citizenship of any country? If so which country? date of request? status of application?
9. Height and weight.
Ans. PLEASE SEE EXTRA SHEET. (pls when u do ur medical remember ur height and weight)
10. list th names and dates of birth ou your parents and all of your children,siblings(brothers/sisters)

Polash

I am also dv 2011 winner & interviewed on December 1 2010.It was successful.But i was given a blue sheet that marks:ADDITIONAL PROCESSING......But still now i got no news.so i am in great tense.Anybody pls give me suggestion.

hi all,

I need little help those who got visa and went to USA in 2010/11,i mean dv2011.

I want to know what all immigration officer asked in airport in usa?

Any problem done by immigration officer in bangladesh( as i heard they ask for money)

does anyone had to go to SSN office?

or any other thing has to do?

@Rony1985

1. Immigration officer at USA airport will asked for the yellow envelope which u have received from Dhaka embassy.Then he or she will take ur finger print and photograph.then u will send a separate room where another immigration officer will take ur signature which will appear on ur green card and again finger print.total procedure in my case took about 45 minutes at JFK airport.
2. At Dhaka air port try to talk smartly with Bangladeshi immigration officer.you know all the immigration officers are kind of beggar in official uniform.they cant beg for money as they are in official uniform so they just harassed ppl for nothing.
3.Its better to visit SSN office.bkz if u dont go SSN office then sometimes it may arrive late.so u will loss ur important time bkz unless u got SSN u wount be able to do anything in USA.
4. Untill u got ur SSN and Greencard u have nothing to do.once u got both then its better u do health insurance card and open bank account.then make a state ID card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pls friends give me suggestion.i m in great frustration.i m under ap since my interview held on december 1 2010.what should i do now pls zahid vai,sporsho,ronne give me suggestion.

Pls friends give me suggestion.i m in great frustration.i m under ap since my interview held on december 1 2010.what should i do now pls zahid vai,sporsho,ronne give me suggestion.

Don't worry NAHEL, inshallah u ll get call ASAP. Just wait and prey. do u know we (my family) r waiting from oct 20' 2010? so be cool..........

as i know, that ur wife got visa, so u ll get visa. so don't think about it.

u ll get call soon.

From Nadia.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rony1985

1. Immigration officer at USA airport will asked for the yellow envelope which u have received from Dhaka embassy.Then he or she will take ur finger print and photograph.then u will send a separate room where another immigration officer will take ur signature which will appear on ur green card and again finger print.total procedure in my case took about 45 minutes at JFK airport.
2. At Dhaka air port try to talk smartly with Bangladeshi immigration officer.you know all the immigration officers are kind of beggar in official uniform.they cant beg for money as they are in official uniform so they just harassed ppl for nothing.
3.Its better to visit SSN office.bkz if u dont go SSN office then sometimes it may arrive late.so u will loss ur important time bkz unless u got SSN u wount be able to do anything in USA.
4. Untill u got ur SSN and Greencard u have nothing to do.once u got both then its better u do health insurance card and open bank account.then make a state ID card.

Thanks a lot Bro....

I will be happy if you can explain what all needs to do in transit airport...i don't have any XP regarding that...

Thank u nadia.my wife did not get visa.we r both waiting.but some so called dalal told us that they r able to ensure visa.so i m cofused.i know some who got visa soon after their interview without being under ap.they all contact with lawyer cum dalal and cost3/4 lacs taka.if u have such experience pls share.

Thank u nadia.my wife did not get visa.we r both waiting.but some so called dalal told us that they r able to ensure visa.so i m cofused.i know some who got visa soon after their interview without being under ap.they all contact with lawyer cum dalal and cost3/4 lacs taka.if u have such experience pls share.

How can these lawyer help for getting visa quickly. can they influence usa visa officer for issuing visa? I think its very crucial and debatale issue.

It is really incredible.i know a person of my area who got visa along with his wife on feb 17, on the same day of their interview.i don't know what should i do.