• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winners from Bangladesh

I found an old passport which was issued at chittagong in 1995 and expires 2000,In our interview do i show that in response to photo ID card,another thing we have corrected our NC after receiving 1st NL,like spelling of name ,spelling of fathers name etc,ooh another thing in my old passport there is a mistake of year of birth,is it make any cause of visa?this is ques......... of all forums members.

Aseef,

You CN is 17xxx and according to last year you number would be current sometime in May/June 2011. So you should get your 2nd NL around that time.

Regarding your documents just apply your common sense. Do you think if you provide any kind of mismatch / wrong information they will happily accept it? They already have some of your information (the information that you provided when applied for DV last year). Now try to collect all documents based on those information.

At first i would like to thank Mr. Amit who created this thread ! Innumerable thanks to everyone participating in this forum for your day to day advice and cooperation to end the story with success!!

I will now describe each and every lesson i got from my experience with some details. I think all Bangladeshi DV winners will be benifitted from this.

My mother got DV 2011 , she is a school teacher and 54 yrs old. My father is a retired professor of college. He is 65 yrs old.MA in Economics. My mother is only HSC pass and she passed SSC in 1972, HSc in 1984, u see 12 yrs gap!! She also completed her PTI training in 1983.

I sent the DV 2011 application of my parents bearing the photos of previous year i.e. DV 2010. U see those were 1 yr old! And the photos were too bad. u see the example... http://img826.imageshack.us/i/dvphoto.jpg/

Should they disqualified for the photo? lots of shadows in the background and one year old photo????

My father is maintaining his long beard for only 1 yr. So u see, the photo of EDV which is 1 yr old doesnt have bearded photo , and they won!!!

When my mother won, what to do about my father, to shave his beard? U see , he maintained it for religious purpose. So i didnt do that. I sent his recent bearded photo with the 1st NL.

Then i prepared all the documents for them. I processed for passport after they got their 1st NL, without missing time. Then all other docs. Took the PCC when they got 2nd NL. And also done medical. My mother had some old IDs like, college ID, job ID and NID, but my father had only NID and nothing else. In that NID he had a very little mistake of fathers name, like Mofizur rahman was written as Late Md. Mofizur Rahman and i didnt correct that from EC as if they deem it as fraud. He had a very old passport issued in 1974. There were 2 mistakes there.Firstly, his name like Rahman was written as "Rehman" . And secondly mistakes in fathers name, like Mofizur Rahman was written as Md. Mofizur Rahan. So u see , what a situation was there to submit their Visa fee with so much tension!!!

1. Their EDV photo was not good at all and those were one year old, even my father has Tagore brand beard now, which is absent in EDV photo,
2. Mother is only HSC pass, with 12 yrs break in ssc and hsc
3. My father had no other ID except NID , he had mistakes in NID fathers name, also mistakes in old passport name,
4. Their age is high, possibility to be denied on Public Charge ground, Although they had affidavit of support from my green card holder sister of USA.

So, what to do then? I prayed to Allah and made all docs and prepared for interview.

On October 13, they were interviewd. Counselor said, all my moms docs r ok, but my father need to show another Photo ID. They kept the NID of my father and given a blue sheet mentioning reason 221(g).

My father submitted his scanned copy of account opening form of Prime Bank Ltd on October 19th with a letter mentioning the socio - cultural status of Bangladesh and due to that he didnt maintained any photo ID during his life, thus he is not capable to submit any more photo ID. The officer didnt receive the old passport saying that, it doesnt required. They were said to come on October 21th.He kept their passport on this day.

They went on October 21th. A lady said, ID of my father has not been accepted. Then my father provied the old passport. The lady said, oh..i c...Passport is a good ID, why didnt u submit it first? My father replied , the officer didnt received it on that day. By the by, she matched the photo with my father and gave a token written PLEASE COLLECT YOUR PASSPORT FROM THE CONSULAR SECTON OF THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ON NOVEMBER 4, 1 PM.

We thought they will be denied sure, for not providing perfect ID, as there were lots of mistakes. But prayed to Allah.

Today they arrived embassy at 1 pm . There were a huge crowed today. They started calling names one by one. And at 4.30 they called my mothers name. She appeared at the window. A lady handed over the packet without saying a single word!!

They were just going out, when a old Bangladeshi man said....OH u see, u got the visa, dont u see that????????

My parents could not imagine that, they got visa. Listening to that, they opened the packet and seen the visa stamp on passport.

What a relief.

Now my advice to all,

1. As they r senior citizen so no additional process took place for them. Who r now under that process, u will surely get the visa. Have patience.

2. Be very very honest in preparing docs. Dont try to hide anything. If asked , just tell the truth. You will surely get it.

I think ,its like a drama but it has lots of elements for all Banladeshis to learn. Hope it wil help you.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, its' me nadia, i m back.

congratulations nightingle and your parents.

today, we went embassy to review our DV Case, they called us at 1:30 pm in 8 no door, and again gave us a blue sheet for show my (nadia saifur) another photo id card on next working day.

so waiting for next interview!!!!!!!!!

From nadia.

Nightingle

Look in just 4 days how much happy you are :) For us still it is a long way to go. Pray for us.

Thanks

hi all. hope all r fine with mind and health.

nightingle, can u tell me, that, where ur father dropped the IDs with blue sheet? was the gate 3? and did he also dropped their passports with those documents?

from nadia saifur.

Nightingle!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It may be the happiest event in your life. As I read your posts, you were in much tension.
Now??????? What??????????
JUST CHIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NadiaSaifur, yes gate 3. On October 19,The officer took their passports with the blue sheet and Photo ID documennts. And gave a date for review decision. It was October 21st. On that day, a lady informed that My fathers ID has not been accepted , and is there any other ID cards? Then my father provided them the old passpots. Then the lady give a token to collect passport on November 4. Nadia, i suggest u to take as much ID as u can next day of both of u and ur husband. Did they kept ur ID cards? If it is, its a good sign.Also take ur family photos, wedding photos for safety. I wish u will surely get it.

Sabrina, thank u . I was bit tensed,bcos u see, my sister is a US immigrant . My parents docs r all ok except the Photo IDS. They had affidavit of support, they r senior citizen. There werent any reason for additional processing for them. So i thought, if they dont get it, it will be a serious injustice. Thanks to Allah and to u all they got it.

Nightingle!

I submitted total 3 (three) ID cards at my interview. But they didn't keep any of them. They returned me all ID cards after my interview finished. (If they kept my current ID card, it would be hazard for me COZ I need my ID card everyday at my job).
Does it mean my ID cards were not accpeted by US embassy, as they didn't kept those?

Now I have fallen in tension again after reading your writing "Did they kept ur ID cards? If it is, its a good sign" - you wrote it to NadiaSaifur.

US embassy could keep my previous ID cards. But they returned all and also did'nt tell me to submit another ID cards.

(I have submitted my SSC & HSC regi. cards which have my photos attested by headmaster & principal).

Please reply.

-Sabrina

On our first interview they kept my husbands HSC admit card (which has no photo, because for English from board ) , HSC certificate , HSC Mark sheet also kept my SSC reg. card And SSC admit card (these docs were in bangla). They did not take our NID bcos those were after 2009. and that time they want more photo id of my husband. on 25th oct he drop more 4 photo id , 4th nov was our dv case review date in that day they want my more photo id on next working day.

Dear all,
My Case number is current now (November).I m waiting for 2nd NL. I have got my Passport. And I want to make my PCC ready.
• But Should I make it now before getting 2nd NL?
• I have all education related documents like Admit cards (SSC & HSC), Registration cards (SSC & HSC), Mark sheet (SSC & HSC), certificate &testimonial (SSC & HSC).
• What I require is Photo ID if they want. But I have no photo Id of my college or School except University ID and NID. I have one DU admission test admit card and another is Medical admission test admit card. Would these work if additional ID card is asked?
• In my NID there is a wrong spelling of my mother name. What should I do?
• Besides these, what else I need to show?
Please help me by answering these questions.

Thank u all.

CN: 2011AS00010XXX
06/10/2010 1st NL sends to KCC
Waiting for 2nd NL.

@sstric36 --->>> u don't make PCC now, when u ll get the 2NL then u ll do it and also medical exam. admit card and registration card are photo id card. so these documents are very important, also ur admission cards. u ll show these in ur interview, b'cause by these documents u prove them u r sstric36. just waiting for 2nl and hope for the best.

from Nadia.

@sstric36 : embassy wants Photo id card which issued before 2009. i think this is not a wise decision to change the NID now.

from Nadia.

@nadiasaifur,
Thanks for your information.
You know that in Bangladesh processing a document like PCC is a matter of long time. I talk with them and they said that it will take at least 1 month .even more than 1 month may need to provide PCC. So I want to make it beforehand. If it really affect then I will not take further steps right now. How much time I’ll get after receiving 2nd NL based on I’ll take steps.plz help…

@Nightingle,
Congratulations to your parents.
I am little bit confuse about how they were interviewed without getting 2nd NL? I know that the interview date is provided on 2nd NL. Please clarify.

dear sstric36, u ll get the 2NL before 45 days on your interview date, so dont worry. and also known that PCC ll be make in 7-10 days. so don't worry. i think u now ready ur other documents, which are civil documents, birth certificate, all educational certificates, mark sheets, admit card , registration card, some photo ID card, even any old documents which having photo of u, work experience, passport, if u r married, then married certificate, and also make ur wife's papers as like ur docs. when u ll get the 2NL then u make PCC and medical exam. so don't worry.

from nadia.