• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from asia only

Dear leongsce,

First of all, I'm really sorry to disturb you.

As shown in your DV processing record, please give detail as following;
1. "sent DOS check" on 9/14/2009
2. "sent 1st NL to USCIS" on 9/21/2009
3. "rec stamped payment from DOS" on 9/17/2009
4. "completed medicals" on 5/13/2010

Additional, please update my understanding,
1. We can pay AOS fee ($375) earlier without waiting for 2nd NL come to selectee. (If applicable, I will do it tomorrow)
2. What is the employment authorisation (ead, i765)?

Oh!! leongsce...we must spend much money to process the case, don't we?

PS.
Frankly, I love to follow your step since we are the same region.
Well, in the near future sooner you get GC, please come back to help us, i.c. show your record in more detail, so that we can carefully follow your step of success with no delay or mistake.

Cordially and thank you so much, leongsce

dear crna,

1. i sent the DOS check of $375 per person in at the same time with my ds122, ds230 to kcc. i sent the money order to the wrong address ... it should be sent to dept of state (in missouri ... i think) - it's in the instructions , read that carefully and don't make the same mistake i made.
2. after you send your forms to kcc - which you will indicate that you want to adjust status here in the usa, they will send you a second letter to acknowledge your intent to adjust status. in the letter are instructions that you should send your NL1 (first notification letter from kcc) to the nearest uscis office where you live.
3. when you send in your payment to dos you are supposed to fill out the payment form and include a stamped self-addressed envelope. they will stamp that form "paid" with a 4 digit number written at the top. this will be your receipt for dos payment and you will need it for uscis interview.
4. i've done my medical checkup. you need to do this step. the doctor will fill out form 693 which will be in a sealed envelope which you need to attach to your i485 application later on when you submit the package to uscis.

answers to your questions:
yes, you can pay the dos $375 fee now.
ead or i765 is an employment pass which allows you to work while your aos case is pending.

the cost of getting the gc is roughly ...
$375 to dos
$100 - $300 or more for medicals (check around for the cheapest)
$1010 for i485 and biometrics

i will stick around to help ... there are many others who are experienced in the process as well. read capeolive, i2009, daima, bentlebee, norkira, blue, 2010forme, etc. posts. they are also still around to help.

good luck.

Hi leongsce,

Thanks for your info, I will look into that thread. We're graduating this August and will plan to have our OPT begin in September. So including 1-year term and 2-month grace period, we can stay in the US until November next year (unless we can find a job to sponsor H1B). Since our number is low, I think we will wait for the 2nd letter to inform us to send in the DOS payment. I saw you mentioned about "intent of AOS", how does it work? I thought we had to wait for our numbers are current before we can do AOS, please shed some light if you will, thanks again for the valuable info.

hi sickguy,
your number is quite high at 2011AS35xxx. so i suggest that while doing your OPT, try to find an employer who is willing to sponsor your h1b. normally the h1b is for several years. this helps you maintain legal status in usa.
when i mentioned "intent to aos", i mean that there is somewhere in the forms you send back to kcc whether you decided to pursue aos or cp. so when you fill out that section you are informing kcc of your intent - whether to do aos or cp. if you chose aos they will send you a letter to state your intention of aos and that they will no longer handle your case, and instructs you to send your nl to uscis and that you must pay the dos fee.
ok, this topic of when to submit your i485/aos application has been very controversial. there are people who sent in early and got their package returned, so they have to resend again later. there are people who say that you can send in 60 or 90 days before you are current. there are people who said that you can send in after oct 1. honestly i don't know which is right. i consulted a lawyer and he said i should have sent in my package oct 1.
there are people who have called uscis and asked and i read that they were instructed to send in their package oct 1. check the 2011 aos only thread - i thought i read it there. maybe i can suggest that you call your local uscis office and ask a supervisor when you can send in your package.
but above all these ... the second letter fr kcc says that you may submit your application after oct 1. kinda vague .... so everyone has their own interpretation.
for me i will go for the 90 day interpretation.

hey squeezetheday,

yeah ive found that info too. as far as i know of, that is the first japanese dv2011 winner resides in japan! that is exciting that the letters are coming here now!
lets not give up until we can check the results. we all pray together til then :)

Hi Guys
I am from Nepal currently studying in Canada. I received my first NL yesterday (19 May). I read lot about CN high or low.
I have few questions:
1) What are the chances of getting with my CN?
2) In DS-230 form part II, what does it mean by Name and Address of Petitioner? Does it mean name of principal applicant which is myself? I am married so do I have to give the same name on her form as well.
3) Since my wife is back in Nepal, does she have to sign in the form or only myself (signature of applicant) is only needed.
Thank you for answers.
Regards

Hi Guys
I am from Nepal currently studying in Canada. I received my first NL yesterday (19 May). I read lot about CN high or low.
I have few questions:
1) What are the chances of getting with my CN?
2) In DS-230 form part II, what does it mean by Name and Address of Petitioner? Does it mean name of principal applicant which is myself? I am married so do I have to give the same name on her form as well.
3) Since my wife is back in Nepal, does she have to sign in the form or only myself (signature of applicant) is only needed.
Thank you for answers.
Regards

Hi dvnp,

1. Your number is not really in the low range but it is not that high either, for DV2010 13K became current in April 2010, but since you will probably be doing CP, it should be processed faster provided that everything (documents) is complete and accurate at your end.
2. Yes, you are the petitioner, so you put your name (whoever won the DV) in that field.
3. Yes, each person in your family (spouse and children if any) needs to complete and sign DS230.

Hope this helps and CONGRATS!!!

hey squeezetheday,

yeah ive found that info too. as far as i know of, that is the first japanese dv2011 winner resides in japan! that is exciting that the letters are coming here now!
lets not give up until we can check the results. we all pray together til then :)

Hi mickk

You found too ?? maybe on mixi??

I thought I won't find Japanese winner,but finaly fly to Japan country. Maybe next winner would be US!!!

Yea, we all keeeeeeeeeeeeeeep praying.

I really wanna get the orange envelope and hope case # is not high.

Hi dvnp,

1. Your number is not really in the low range but it is not that high either, for DV2010 13K became current in April 2010, but since you will probably be doing CP, it should be processed faster provided that everything (documents) is complete and accurate at your end.
2. Yes, you are the petitioner, so you put your name (whoever won the DV) in that field.
3. Yes, each person in your family (spouse and children if any) needs to complete and sign DS230.

Hope this helps and CONGRATS!!!

Hi Izzy120
Thanks for your great advise! Yeah definitely it has helped. Wish you all the best as well.

I won the 2011 DV lottery. But my number is 2011AS000429XX
1. Does anyone know if I stand any chance to get the Visa, I am malaysian. Let me know if anyone got the GC from such a high case number.
2. When can I expect second NL from KCC if all regions become "current" on August 2011?
And time frame between received 2nd NL and appointment schedule?
3. How fast is the CP ( from interview until received the visa), and won't be receiving GC until admitted to US?
4. What is the standard time frame between submitting AOS and interview appointment?
5.How long does it take to change CP to AOS?

Received 1st NL - 10th May 2010
Send in DSP-122,DS-23, pictures - 12th May 2010
Send in $375 DOS - 14th May 2010

Dear all,

here's my info :
Case Number 2011AS00007xxx
Received 1st NL - 10th May, 2010
Send in DSP 122, DS 230 I & II, Photo and bar code - 19, May 2010

Question,
1. I'm currently in USA, with F1 visa and hopefully to get H1B visa before july ( so that i can start my work on July 1st) , wondering how my chance would be?
I actually won DV lottery once 8 yrs ago, didn't remember my case number, but i didn't even get the 2nd NL at all.
2. Should i pay for the 375 dollar now?
3. I used to lived in the Philippines and Taiwan for more than 6 months after 16 yrs old. Does that mean I also need to obtain the police record from those 2 countries ?
4. So during these time of waiting for 2nd NL, is there anything i should start to prepare or pay???

I am complete new here.. was gotta hire an immigration lawyer to help me with this...but he didn't seem to be familiar with DV case at all..He told me I CAN NOT send the DS230 back, cause it's only for the people who won it from abroad!! >o<..i was soooo confused...

But Thank you very much for all your input!!!

Hi news from Iran a lot of people received their 1NL on 19may & 20 may in Tehran there are different case number 7xxx till 18xxx I wish the best for alls

Dear all,

here's my info :

Question,
1. I'm currently in USA, with F1 visa and hopefully to get H1B visa before july ( so that i can start my work on July 1st) , wondering how my chance would be?
I actually won DV lottery once 8 yrs ago, didn't remember my case number, but i didn't even get the 2nd NL at all.
3. I used to lived in the Philippines and Taiwan for more than 6 months after 16 yrs old. Does that mean I also need to obtain the police record from those 2 countries ?
4. So during these time of waiting for 2nd NL, is there anything i should start to prepare or pay???

I am complete new here.. was gotta hire an immigration lawyer to help me with this...but he didn't seem to be familiar with DV case at all..He told me I CAN NOT send the DS230 back, cause it's only for the people who won it from abroad!! >o<..i was soooo confused...

WOW! Super low case number! Your very lucky! Good luck!

Dear all,

here's my info :

Question,

congrats kimbible,
did you indicate on the forms u sent back to kcc that you will be doing aos?
if u did, u will receive a second letter fr them to confirm your intention to aos and further instructions.
you can pay $375 now or if you want to wait till nl2 arrives, it's up to you. you have to pay when nl2 arrives because they will only transfer the case to uscis after payment.
regarding police certs read this
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/application.html
when you won 8 yrs ago ... were u doing aos or cp?
while waiting u shd start preparing your i485 ... but remember not to submit till oct 1. your cn is low enough to be current in either oct or nov.

best of luck!

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your wish and suggestion!!! Wow... I have no idea what to do not until i see this forum... Thank you guys sooo much

To Leongsce, Yes, i indicate I am going to do "BCIS" in the form.. but just not sure what to do next..Thanks for the idea ...
About the case 8 yrs ago. well, my sister and I hired a lawyer, I was in the Philippines , so the lawyer took forever to get all the documents ready ( like around 2 month or so)...I have no idea which one they pick..I didn't even remember if i fill out any form, but just signed on a lot of paper. i have question about the NL, so Would i always get the 2nd NL? What if I didn't get NL by Oct, Could I call department of state and ask what was going on??

Dear all,

Here is my info:
Case Number 2011AS00016xxx
Received 1st NL - 18th May, 2010

Question,
1) I'm currently in USA, with F1 visa and probably get my master degree after summer or fall in 2010, which means my next legal visa status will be OPT next year. So, I am wondering what should I do next step, AOS or CP?
2) Or, I should turn DSP 122 and DS 230 to KCC first and then consider what should I do next step, AOS or CP?
3) I look up the published cut-off number in the visa bulletin for May and June in 2010 and presume it will be my sn that become "current" at the same month next year. That means I should do the CP because at that time I will not have legal visa status if I can not find a job. Is that right?
4) My mailing address is my hometown, not in the United States. Should I tell KCC to change my address to local American address?
5) I heard the other people's word that CP will be sooner than AOS. Is that right?

Thank you all in advance.
Hope best luck!!

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your wish and suggestion!!! Wow... I have no idea what to do not until i see this forum... Thank you guys sooo much

To Leongsce, Yes, i indicate I am going to do "BCIS" in the form.. but just not sure what to do next..Thanks for the idea ...
About the case 8 yrs ago. well, my sister and I hired a lawyer, I was in the Philippines , so the lawyer took forever to get all the documents ready ( like around 2 month or so)...I have no idea which one they pick..I didn't even remember if i fill out any form, but just signed on a lot of paper. i have question about the NL, so Would i always get the 2nd NL? What if I didn't get NL by Oct, Could I call department of state and ask what was going on??

kimbible,
since you indicated that you will be doing aos you should receive the 2nd nl. the 2nd nl sent by kcc is one that states that they acknowledge your intention to adjust status and will no longer handle your case and will transfer your case to uscis. look at my signature, mine took about 2 months. so in about 2 months time you don't get it, call kcc and email them as well.
pay the $375 dos fee - you need the receipt.
good luck.

Dear all,

Here is my info:
Case Number 2011AS00016xxx
Received 1st NL - 18th May, 2010

Question,
1) I'm currently in USA, with F1 visa and probably get my master degree after summer or fall in 2010, which means my next legal visa status will be OPT next year. So, I am wondering what should I do next step, AOS or CP?
2) Or, I should turn DSP 122 and DS 230 to KCC first and then consider what should I do next step, AOS or CP?
3) I look up the published cut-off number in the visa bulletin for May and June in 2010 and presume it will be my sn that become "current" at the same month next year. That means I should do the CP because at that time I will not have legal visa status if I can not find a job. Is that right?
4) My mailing address is my hometown, not in the United States. Should I tell KCC to change my address to local American address?
5) I heard the other people's word that CP will be sooner than AOS. Is that right?

Thank you all in advance.
Hope best luck!!

jumplus,
congrats!
1) if you can find a job immediately after your graduate and maintain legal status - then you can do aos.
2) whether you choose aos or cp , you may be able to change later on. however, it may waste some time. check the '2010 aos only' thread posts by bikash in the last few posts. he intends to change fr aos to cp but in his case he will current in aug 2010 and leaves little time. you may have the luxury of more time.
3) yes, if don't have a job in the next few months after graduation, you will have to return home and cp will be better in that case.
4) if you do cp, you will want mails to reach you in your home country. unless you do aos it is better to have u.s. address.
5) in cp, you get interviewed the same month you are current. in aos, if you look at the signatures of some of the members of this forum, their interview dates are months after they are current.

good luck.