• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from asia only

Hi Nice to meet you. I am in Japan.

I made a thread as same as this one, because I didn't know about this one. A person said to me on an another thread.

Anyway I would like to post here, so please ignore my thread :eek:

Me neither. I didn't see any person who got NL as ASIA region....

April will end by one more day, however we would get the NL on May or June. So I still have hope to wait.

We are national holiday in here in Japan on today, so no postal service.

I hope I could get the envelope.

I hope you guys to get too.

Have a nice day !!!

MY CASE :

11/17/2009 ENTER LOTERY:)

has anyone from asia heard anything about NL's
I have been searching the blogs and there has been no report yet.

According to posts in DV2011 AOS thread, NL delivery for AS region winners residing in US has already started!!
It seems delivery schedule is similar to that of DV2010 and a bit late as compared to DV2009.
Presumably the first batch of NLs will reach asian countries around the middle of May.

has anyone from asia heard anything about NL's
I have been searching the blogs and there has been no report yet.

Hey! I'm from asia and i just received my NL, though i'm currently living in the us under student visa.... so maybe that makes a difference... not to sure...

cong. may you give us more information plz?
which city do you live?
what is your case number range?

Hey! I'm from asia and i just received my NL, though i'm currently living in the us under student visa.... so maybe that makes a difference... not to sure...

Congraturations !!!

I am living in Japan. The NL reach to address in US is much earlier than asian country.

I keep waiting for the NL.

cong. may you give us more information plz?
which city do you live?
what is your case number range?

OOh sorry , i was just too excited when i got the letter and forgot to post the details! I'm currently living in Minneapolis, Minnesota and my case number is AS00007XXX ... i dont really understand how these case numbers work, how do you knw if it will be come current sooner/later in the year compared to others? is that based on how things have been in the past? what do you think of mine?

OOh sorry , i was just too excited when i got the letter and forgot to post the details! I'm currently living in Minneapolis, Minnesota and my case number is AS00007XXX ... i dont really understand how these case numbers work, how do you knw if it will be come current sooner/later in the year compared to others? is that based on how things have been in the past? what do you think of mine?

i have seen case number about 45000 from asia. i dont know how case number will be current this year but based on 2010 visa bulletin your case number may be current in november.

Hi
We have an Iranian winner , we provide USA address in Maryland
case # 2011AS000425XX
what do you think about this number !!! is there any chance to get a visa???

Hi
We have an Iranian winner , we provide USA address in Maryland
case # 2011AS000425XX
what do you think about this number !!! is there any chance to get a visa???

Hi, CN appears higher though, that person should have a chance if the CN would become current by the end of DV2011 program, presumably July-September 2011. This year's CN of Asia region might be similar to DV2009 reaching more than 40000 in Asia CN as far as I know.

This is my prediction that DOS has assigned undisclosed CNs for eligible family members of primary applicants, since DV2009.

Notifications for ASIA is out...couple of people I know have already got their NL in their US Address...

I guess my application "Has not been selected"...:(

Got letter yesteday

I just got my letter from yesterday. I'm in Boston. A bit sad that the CN is high, 2011AS00027xxx.

I definitely will not do AOS since it's too risky in my case with such as a high number. Planning to fly back to Taiwan for interview. However I'm still not sure whether my number will be called in later months. Any thought?

Guess I have to keep an eye on what happens on DV2010 high AS numbers in the coming months.

-----
2011AS00027xxx
2011/05/11 => First NL received

Last edited by a moderator:
However I'm still not sure whether my number will be called in later months. Any thought?

Congratulation Bookish!!
Your CN is high and I agree with your thought that CP sounds better than AOS, but it's too early to assume your CN is super high or not. Let's wait for more winners from Asia and will see their CNs. Upcoming visa bulletin (Jul-Aug) will provide stats of DV2011 winners and it should tell us some helpful info.
Anyway you may begin filling out DSP, DS forms for CP processing, and send it out to KCC as soon as you are convinced that the information you provide on the form is accurate and honest. If you stay in US on a visa by which immigration intent is not allowed such as F1, I recommend you carefully assess your chance of having successful interview/getting immigrant visa before you send the form. (IMHO your CN should be fine for CP, if I were you I would send forms back ASAP, but maybe or maybe not I am wrong so far.)
I hope you do your very best!!

Thank you so much tmfl,

I am on my way to finish my PhD, and supposedly start my OPT in Jan 2011. Thus, the potential CP interview should occur close to the end of my OPT. Does it mean I better prepare to apply a working visa (J1/H1) at the same time waiting for my GC interview?

Another question, I won't live in my current address next year (switch to postdoc, might move to other states or cities...). For the documents sending back to KCC now, I can only fill in my current address since I don't know where I will move to next year. Will that be a problem to change my address later with KCC ?

Thanks again for any input..

I am on my way to finish my PhD, and supposedly start my OPT in Jan 2011. Thus, the potential CP interview should occur close to the end of my OPT. Does it mean I better prepare to apply a working visa (J1/H1) at the same time waiting for my GC interview?

Another question, I won't live in my current address next year (switch to postdoc, might move to other states or cities...).

When is your OPT period (plus grace period) supposed to end?
I agree that a pessimistic senario is that you won't be called for an interview. If it is the case, you will be able to know it by the end of July 2011 (you might need Email/phone call to KCC), since KCC will start to take care of DV2012 cases Aug 2011. Is it too late for you to start H1B petition? It depends on your OPT period. It will take 3-4 months for regular H1B processing and within 1 month for premium processing for most University H1B (companies' H1B will take more time).
Your sponsor can file H1B petition for you earlier. You will be a postdoc and hopefully your H1B is cap exempt which allows H1B application at any time. Make sure that travelling outside US during H1B petition is a good reason for USCIS to cancel your H1B application regardless of the reason of that travel. Taking these issues into consideration, if you are sure that your qualification for immigrant visa/GC is OK, I would suggest to stick to getting GC.

As for changing your address, I don't think it matters. Just let KCC know your new address as soon as you move in. For your current visa, do not forget to file AR-11 to notify USCIS of your new address.

Hope this helps.