• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Under Adiminstrative Processing

reply from us cosulate

Dear All,

My wife emailed to us embassy, dhaka requesting to inform her the status update of the case. They replied :

"The required administrative processing is still pending. Review times vary due to factors beyond our control and we are unable to expedite or speculate about review times. We will contact the applicant as soon as the process is complete. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. "

How long should we wait? We can not travel because they kept our passport. Can any one has the answer?
shafiq232

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All

Does the embassy inform the DV winner for the final result of administration process?
Or the candidate should contact the embassy frequently to know the visa status.

Also, How does the embassy know the AP result? Do they receive monthly report from Washington

Is there any another way for checking visa status rather than the embassy?.

Yes, but you should contanct them

Hi All

Does the embassy inform the DV winner for the final result of administration process?
Or the candidate should contact the embassy frequently to know the visa status.

Also, How does the embassy know the AP result? Do they receive monthly report from Washington

Is there any another way for checking visa status rather than the embassy?.

Mango,

Usually the embassy informs the DV winner for the final result of administration process, but you should contact them frequently because they are not perfect. So, may be they forget your case.

How does the embassy know the AP result? That is their job. So, you should not care about that because they have their ways. Also, it is not always necessary they take all the cases to US.

I don't know any other ways to check the case status except through the embassy.

Thank you. And Good Luck:).

Dear All,

My wife emailed to us embassy, dhaka requesting to inform her the status update of the case. They replied :

"The required administrative processing is still pending. Review times vary due to factors beyond our control and we are unable to expedite or speculate about review times. We will contact the applicant as soon as the process is complete. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. "

How long should we wait? We can not travel because they kept our passport. Can any one has the answer?
shafiq232

shafiq232,

I know someone waited for more than 7 monthes and got his visa at the last hour of the program. I mean 4 O'clock 30 Sep.

Good luck for you and ur wife:)

Dear All winners who have experience of Administrative Processing for DV Lottery Visa

Please state your experience …

How long does it take to receive Visa Approval or Denial?

What is your role after submitting the required documents? Only waiting !!!

Can we do Petition for A P for CP?

Please advise

Thanks

Even the consul has no idea

Dear All winners who have experience of Administrative Processing for DV Lottery Visa

Please state your experience …

How long does it take to receive Visa Approval or Denial?

What is your role after submitting the required documents? Only waiting !!!

Can we do Petition for A P for CP?

Please advise

Thanks

Mango123,

I didn't understand the last question:confused:.

If you are undergoing Administration Processing all what u should do is waiting patiently, and contacting them during that period. No one can give you specific time for how long it may take.

Thank you, and good luck:)

Dear hodhod

I mean can we file appeal of administrative processing in the consulate.

Regards

Mango,

Administrative Processing means that they need nothing more from you to bring. So, you can file appeal in the consulate if you want to open a new case.

Thank you!

Congratulations!!

on 09.06.2011 after 115 day under ap, i have visa in pasport.

Congratulations Civpol!!

You were lucky. You waited for just about 4 months. In my case, I am waiting for more than eight months and I am still waiting
...:rolleyes:

Hello

I've been selected for a visa appointment at 12 may and me and my wife get all the needed documentation prepared and reviewed by a legal representative (so everything is correct).
At the interview the officer of the embassy asked a few questions to us ; where did you met ? when you had a presentation with your family? Not much but just a few. Then she said to us that :you will be contacted by us and your visa status is under administrative process. They gave to us an OF - 194 form with the checked at Other option.

we haven't been contacted yet. Anyway what can I do if i cannot get any response till September 30? I read a lot and i found that they can check this case 60 days or even more,but am I covered by a policy or a procedure or can be just a bad or god judgement by a embassy officer? The only thing I will ask it will be just an official answer .

Shall I have that after i paid the non reimbursed fees,I mean I paid for an answer ...... have I right to get ?

Best Regards

Should we wait or to contact the consular center

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello to everyone,

My husband and I are also under administrative processing. Buuuuuu
I just wanted to inform people that you can know if AP has cleared you can call once a week at the Department of State’s visa Information phone number in USA: 202-663-1225.
In this phone number you will be able to talk to a Visa speciallist and he/she can tell you if your process has already cleared.
Has anyone has aggod experience with AP, I mean, has anyone get it before September 3 ??? Please let me know. We has been waitting since MAY 11.
Good luck to all of us.
Finger crosses.
ANAKARIN

Actually it is a process that require a lot of time and especially depends from the case.We cannot wait to know if was cleared or not and maybe we are worried about that earlier,anyway I wish luck to everybody and the most important thing is to be calm. If they would be honored to have us in USA ok ,if not bad for them :)

Also under AP with wife here. Seems like marriage thing. The best you can do while under AP is contact the embassy atleast once a month(if your embassy cares to answer), call D0S atleast once every 2 weeks(+12026631225), wait patiently and pray for a positive outcome before september 30.
All the best in the pain.

hello

hello guys hope you are doing well. actually iam from syria and i have been selected in dv lottery for 2011 and i had my interview on last 2 february and my case been put on administrative processing been five months till now and i wonder if the case been put administrative processing till after 30 september am i going to lose my visa ?.

@isma

If 30 sept passes ans AP is not over your chance of a visa is gone. You still have some time though. Hope n pray for the best.

gosh guys it seems really bad it is like wasting money and time like fooling us ?!!!!