• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Under Adiminstrative Processing

Hi all forumites,

We received by mail this morning the 2nd NL with the interview appointment: thursday,September the 1st at 08:00 AM Montreal.
Step3 and 4 of www.dv.selectee.state.gov listed the required documents for the principal applicant but nothing is mentioned for the beneficiary(the spouse for exemple).

what documents the beneficiary has to bring for the interview?
Same documents as the principal applicant, which means e.g. you need two marriage certificates!

I don't know anyone yet

guys have you ever read about some one who has been selected and he lost his chance of getting visa after passing 30 september ?

Isma,

I know someone who won the lottery in the DV program few years ago, and waited for his case until 30 Sept. and at that day, after noon, he got his visa. An employee in the US embassy told me that almost all the Immigration Visa in my country, which is Yemen, undergo Administrative Processing.

I advice you waiting patiently because you have nothing to do, except waiting!

My case has been pending since Oct. 2010.

I ask my God to help all of you, and to hear good news from you very soon.:):)

After 120 days in AP for document verification we got our visas today. All the best pals. Its tough but hang in there.

Congratulations

After 120 days in AP for document verification we got our visas today. All the best pals. Its tough but hang in there.

Congratulations my2011! I am very happy for that:), and thank you for posting

The issue of administrative processing under 221 g isnt funny globally.the consulates should be fast to settle this so called processes prior to an interview becouse why-They Hold peoples futures at stake and delay the process.

Im under 221g with my son and husband in Kenya and the silence is crazy remember the letter says DO NOT CONTACT US UNLESS WE CONTACT YOU.and so you are disabled.

Again the law states that you cannot be denied a visa unless factual evidence of fraud,misrepresentation or sham marriage can be prooved in a court of law.so when you got all clean docs why the wait?

What happens after september 30th if you not contacted?

Crazy concerns here i tell.some clarifications will really make sence here

You should contact them after 60 day of the visa interview

The issue of administrative processing under 221 g isnt funny globally.the consulates should be fast to settle this so called processes prior to an interview becouse why-They Hold peoples futures at stake and delay the process.

Im under 221g with my son and husband in Kenya and the silence is crazy remember the letter says DO NOT CONTACT US UNLESS WE CONTACT YOU.and so you are disabled.

Again the law states that you cannot be denied a visa unless factual evidence of fraud,misrepresentation or sham marriage can be prooved in a court of law.so when you got all clean docs why the wait?

What happens after september 30th if you not contacted?

Crazy concerns here i tell.some clarifications will really make sence here

tabithawekesa,

Why disabled? As I read in the formal website of Consular Affairs: "Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 60 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later."See that in this link:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/a_zindex/a_zindex_4353.html

Therefore, I think you can send an inquiry to the embassy, if 60 days have passed, to know the status of your case. Whether your case in DV program, or not.

Good luck:)

Tabithwekesa

Mine was DV 2011 like yours. While you have facts right and tough as it may be just know that the C0 has FINAL say. Since you were not asked for any document all you can do is to wait 'patiently'. You almost have your visa though the deadline is frightening keep sending email to them after every two weeks though most likely the respond that u still under AP. Do NOT be nasty in any of your emails. Good thing is that when I returned to the embassy we were like 100 people under AP and I didn't see anyone who didn't get a visa. All the best.

Dv 2011 Interview in Romania

Hello everybody,
I am a Moroccan citizen living in Romania. My wife is a Romanian citizen,she won the Dv lottery 2011.
On 30th Juin,we had both the interview in the US embassy in Bucharest-Romania-,everything was ok,the visa was approved....my wife got the VISA except me!!
the Co explained to me that i need to bring them my Criminal record certificate from Morocco,he gave me 221g paper-missing document- and i had to give it to them before 30th September.....
On 14th JUly( 2 weeks after the previous interview),i was ready with my criminal record certificate from Morocco( fortunatly i recieved it from Morocco quickly)and gave it to the US Co....he put it with my map and he gave me back my passport saying that i will need to wait a call from the embassy when my visa will be ready...!!!
Since then when i call them,their answer is all the time the same"" we still wait the answer"" from who?i really dont know!!!
what do you think about my case guys? is it that complicated? how long i should have to wait to recieve my Visa?
the problem is that the coming month is September...meaning that my visa should be ready before 30th sep ...otherwise i will loose it!!!?
Good Luck everybody and may Allah bless you all

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mohammed2011

Given the country you're from its most likely that you're stuck in namecheck/security check and therefore you could be in administrative processing(221g).just email/call the embassy to confirm this. You almost have your visa- time is the only threat. Though we hope and pray for speedy finalisation no one can tell you when the procedure will be complete- not even the Bucharest embassy. All you have to do is hope for completion before 30 september.
All the best.

Good news from My 2011 !!!
I am glad to hear that, and so happy for you...
I have been waiting for 144 days already and happily waiting
have faith buddies, dont give up !!!
goog day everybody

Thank imahira. I know how it is to wait 'patiently'. Wishing you good news soon. Hang in there.

Hello everybody,
I am a Moroccan citizen living in Romania. My wife is a Romanian citizen,she won the Dv lottery 2011.
On 30th Juin,we had both the interview in the US embassy in Bucharest-Romania-,everything was ok,the visa was approved....my wife got the VISA except me!!
the Co explained to me that i need to bring them my Criminal record certificate from Morocco,he gave me 221g paper-missing document- and i had to give it to them before 30th September.....
On 14th JUly( 2 weeks after the previous interview),i was ready with my criminal record certificate from Morocco( fortunatly i recieved it from Morocco quickly)and gave it to the US Co....he put it with my map and he gave me back my passport saying that i will need to wait a call from the embassy when my visa will be ready...!!!
Since then when i call them,their answer is all the time the same"" we still wait the answer"" from who?i really dont know!!!
what do you think about my case guys? is it that complicated? how long i should have to wait to recieve my Visa?
the problem is that the coming month is September...meaning that my visa should be ready before 30th sep ...otherwise i will loose it!!!?
Good Luck everybody and may Allah bless you all

Call Department of State (202.663.1225) for Visa status information

dadada72

i sent an email to the US embassy,their answer was like that:
At the moment your visa application is still pending. When we will have the result of the specific clearance we will inform you. We have your mobile number and we’ll give you a ring.

what do you think?
thanks for your reply

dadada72

At the moment your visa application is still pending. When we will have the result of the specific clearance we will inform you. We have your mobile number and we’ll give you a ring.

what do you think?
thanks for your reply
ok but call the department of state in the US directly,they are very nice and they ll inform you about your pending case.
Department of State (202.663.1225)

That is a positive response

dadada72

what do you think?
thanks for your reply

Mohammed2011

Don't worry. You have got a positive response form the embassy. So, you should wait patiently, pray, and keep contacting them each two weeks. Administrative Processing happens for thousands of people as I know. My case is pending under administrative processing for more than 300 days! Please remember to report here your good news.

Thank you, and good luck:)