• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Dear Fourmites,
am currently in the US now. i arrived on the 22nd of this month. i have gone to apply for my SSN so am currently waiting for it. i have a question though. Last time i asked for advise concerning a friend who won the lottery.(as seen above) the person who entered the lottery for her now says she can go ahead and process the documents alone i.e without the 'husband'. What i want to know is that can she go ahead and do this eventhough someone was added to the earlier entry as her husband.

Thank God for getting you safely here. Wish you all the best in your stay.

Hello guys, I got a call from the embassy yesterday that my visa has been issued and I should come and pick up my documents today but i have a hectic schedule today so i called and informed them that i will pick it up on monday, til now I can't believe it I swear, this was definitely the longest 28days in my life .. Thank you so much guys for everything, and congratulations to all those who already got their visa and good luck to those who didn't et theirs yet I'm sure Allah has a plan for us and he won't let any of us down I'm keeping all of u in my prayers ....

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear ALL,

We thank our ever faithful GOD for the successful completion of DV 2011 FISCAL YEAR.It started well and ended well.All glory be unto GOD in his holy name,AMEN.We now decree that same GOD that was with us throughout the year DV 2011 VISA LOTTERY will continue manifest his infinite power,mercy and favour unto ALL those successful WINNERS of DV 2012 VISA LOTTERY.You shall ALL succeed IJN,AMEN.

We implore all DV 2012 Lottery winners to continue to focus on GOD cos he his the only one that has power and can do what other pple think can't be done.HE IS OMNIPOTENT,OMNISCIENCE nd OMNIPRESENCE,ancient of days,alpha nd omega,the beginning nd the End.

GOD, we will continue to glorify your holy name till eternity nd from everlasting to everlasting,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise GOD for successful DV 2011 FISCAL YEAR nd praise GOD for another successful DV 2012 FISCAL YEAR that has just arrived IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE UNTO YOU ALL IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear ALL,

We thank our ever faithful GOD for the successful completion of DV 2011 FISCAL YEAR.It started well and ended well.All glory be unto GOD in his holy name,AMEN.We now decree that same GOD that was with us throughout the year DV 2011 VISA LOTTERY will continue manifest his infinite power,mercy and favour unto ALL those successful WINNERS of DV 2012 VISA LOTTERY.You shall ALL succeed IJN,AMEN.

We implore all DV 2012 Lottery winners to continue to focus on GOD cos he his the only one that has power and can do what other pple think can't be done.HE IS OMNIPOTENT,OMNISCIENCE nd OMNIPRESENCE,ancient of days,alpha nd omega,the beginning nd the End.

GOD, we will continue to glorify your holy name till eternity nd from everlasting to everlasting,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise GOD for successful DV 2011 FISCAL YEAR nd praise GOD for another successful DV 2012 FISCAL YEAR that has just arrived IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE UNTO YOU ALL IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenyan thread

We in the kenyan thread join hands with you in celebrations and prayes.
All in our forum, made it in this DV2011 FISCAL YEAR.
We pray and hope that the same God, who never changes will indeed manifest His infinte power and mercy to all the DV2012 Winners.
And to all of us who has made it, lets pray that Gods' mercy and favours follow us even in the land beyond. AMEN!
By the way stonesanjay, how long did it take you to receive your SSN and GC.
Iam going next month November for just one month, come back home, do one, two, three things, then go back April 2012 to settle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Olyn,
Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. May God grant you safe journey as we will also keep the Kenyan thread in our prayers.

hello guys, i got a call from the embassy yesterday that my visa has been issued and i should come and pick up my documents today but i have a hectic schedule today so i called and informed them that i will pick it up on monday, til now i can't believe it i swear, this was definitely the longest 28days in my life .. Thank you so much guys for everything, and congratulations to all those who already got their visa and good luck to those who didn't et theirs yet i'm sure allah has a plan for us and he won't let any of us down i'm keeping all of u in my prayers ....

congrats bro hope u all the best

Ebenezer

We're sooo grateful for how far you've brought us! We thank thee soo much and we pray you continue to see those recent winners through.
Miss u all guyz, frm captains Ammeck09, Alexee247 to ma colleagues kyerewaa, nsiah7, donkay, bennit, etc etc.

did anybody know about Bennit and how far with his AP?

Cheers
frm unofficial captain of this thread. lol

We're sooo grateful for how far you've brought us! We thank thee soo much and we pray you continue to see those recent winners through.
Miss u all guyz, frm captains Ammeck09, Alexee247 to ma colleagues kyerewaa, nsiah7, donkay, bennit, etc etc.

Cheers

Man it has been a long time. Where have you been hiding? Hope all is well. Well we have not heard from benniit for so long, so it's difficult to say what happened to his AP.

Cheers

To God be the Glory, but as a capito, how come, you deserted you fellowers. LOL.
hope all is well with you.

Cheers

POE was easy. Got to the border (the one at Champlain at the Quebec/NY border) around 9.00 am on sept ,29 and told to head to secondary with our sealed package from the consulate. Parked the car and went inside. I was only sitting for less than 5 minutes before a lady called us up. She asked us about where we are moving and a few other questions. She then opened the sealed envelope and make sure the addresses were right, so the green card and SSN would be sent to the right place. wewere then instructed to sit down while she went over the forms. About 30 minutes later, I was finally called back up and she took my fingerprints. And not electronically, the old way with ink and paper. She was having problems doing my fingerprint, so another guy came to take them. He was extremely nice and even joked with me. Once he took my fingerprint, I was then asked to sign this tiny box. The lady told me to sign . And then I got my passport back and that was it! We were at the border for less than an hour.
The first item was a welcome letter 3 weeks after.the following week The second, and more exciting, piece of mail was my green card. Arrived as Priority Mail, oh boy! Let me tell you, there are a LOT of security features on this green card. And the back is super cool. There's this portion at the top that looks like a negative for old pictures, and if you look closely, there's a second picture of me, as well as info like my birth date, USCIS receipt number, A#, etc. Above this, there are tiny little pictures of all the US states. And then below, there's a picture of all the US presidents (including Obama, the newest). They definitely don't want this card to be forged in any way!

I'm confused and don't know what to do. I need your help house.

This thread is for those selected for the dv 2011 and wishing to proceed with the visa process. This is where experiences are shared. The dv 2010 thread also provides wealth of information and past winners experiences.

Over to you stmykael and the rest of the winners. Some of us (dv 2010 wiiners) would be around to offer our invaluable opinions on issues raised here.

I CALLED THE EMBASSY ABOUT A WEEK AGO TO FIND OUT WITH IF OUR FORMS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND A LADY REP CONFIRMED IT TO ME. JUST THIS MORNING ME AND MY HUSBAND STARTED TO ARRANGE ALL OUR DOCUMENTS THEN WE DISCOVER SOMETHING THAT REALLY AMAZE US. OUR DATE OF BIRTHS ON OUR EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATION. MY B.E.C.E and W.A.S.S.C.E date of birth is a year younger than my actual.. that is instead of 1987 it was 1988. MY husband quickly checked his own and his B.E.C.E was 1987 instead of 1988. but his W.A.S.S.CE and DIPLOMA certificate was correct. Now my problem is, since I'm the principle winner and I have this DOB problem, what should I do.. Should I go to WAEC to rectify this problem or do an AFFIDAVIT FROM THE HIGH COURT OF GHANA. I HUMBLY NEED YOUR ADVICE ABOUT THIS..

P.S I READ ON MY CERTIFICATE THAT WAEC ONLY ISSUE THE CERTIFICATE ONCE. AND NO MORE COPIES THEREAFTER.

I CALLED THE EMBASSY ABOUT A WEEK AGO TO FIND OUT WITH IF OUR FORMS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND A LADY REP CONFIRMED IT TO ME. JUST THIS MORNING ME AND MY HUSBAND STARTED TO ARRANGE ALL OUR DOCUMENTS THEN WE DISCOVER SOMETHING THAT REALLY AMAZE US. OUR DATE OF BIRTHS ON OUR EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATION. MY B.E.C.E and W.A.S.S.C.E date of birth is a year younger than my actual.. that is instead of 1987 it was 1988. MY husband quickly checked his own and his B.E.C.E was 1987 instead of 1988. but his W.A.S.S.CE and DIPLOMA certificate was correct. Now my problem is, since I'm the principle winner and I have this DOB problem, what should I do.. Should I go to WAEC to rectify this problem or do an AFFIDAVIT FROM THE HIGH COURT OF GHANA. I HUMBLY NEED YOUR ADVICE ABOUT THIS..

P.S I READ ON MY CERTIFICATE THAT WAEC ONLY ISSUE THE CERTIFICATE ONCE. AND NO MORE COPIES THEREAFTER.

The wrong DOB on your BECE cert is not a problem since it will not be demanded at the interview. However with your WASSCE which is the minimum requirement, l will suggest you go for the affidavit and later check from waec if they can do something about it which l doubt because l had the same problem with my BECE date of birth; l contacted waec and was told nothing can be done about it. This notwithstanding, you can try and see.

The wrong DOB on your BECE cert is not a problem since it will not be demanded at the interview. However with your WASSCE which is the minimum requirement, l will suggest you go for the affidavit and later check from waec if they can do something about it which l doubt because l had the same problem with my BECE date of birth; l contacted waec and was told nothing can be done about it. This notwithstanding, you can try and see.

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE TOO BUT IT WAS IN NIGERIA AND WHAT I DID WAS TO GET WAEC SCRATCH CARD, GO ONLINE AND PRINT OUT THE RESULT THEN ATTACH THE SCRATCH CARD TO THE PRINTED COPY, THE ONLINE RESULT DOES NOT DISPLAY DOB I DONT KNOW IF IS THE SAME IN GHANA. SO I DID NOT HAVE TO PRESENT MY CERTIFICATE, ABOVE ALL COMMIT IT TO God in prayers. good luck

Thanks so much

i had the same issue too but it was in nigeria and what i did was to get waec scratch card, go online and print out the result then attach the scratch card to the printed copy, the online result does not display dob i dont know if is the same in ghana. So i did not have to present my certificate, above all commit it to god in prayers. Good luck

thanks so much for your help. I'll get a scratch card to check my result and see if the date of birth will be displayed on it or not.. And i'll let you know the feedback as soon as possible. Thanks so much.

Affidavit of support

My interview date has not been schedule though my case will be current in febuary. I have just receive affidavit of support from my sponsor and below are my question

the person fill the affidavit in a hand-writing form, is this a problem ?

Secondly, how long does it take for an affidavit to expire ?

Is there any other things i need to know about affidavit just in case the person has made a mistake.. Thank you very much

rhoda

Qualification

I talk to a friend who has also won the lottery 2012 but he is very worried and i hope the house will help him on this.. He failed in science and had a d7 in maths and e8 in english. He also had a diploma in business studies.. Since he doesnt not have a credit in english and maths but have a diploma in business studies, will that saves him out ?

Please help me tell this guy something because he is very worried

rhoda