• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Hello my peeps,
this year result get as e be o, we don't really understand what is happening, I guess there is something wrong some where.

Meanwhile, let me use this medium to ask house this question, if a dv winner enter USA in July being the expiring date on his visa, how many months can he be in US before coming back again, is it possible for him to come back after 1month, 2 months or 3months or more than that.

Your reply is highly welcome.

Thanks.

Hello my peeps,
this year result get as e be o, we don't really understand what is happening, I guess there is something wrong some where.

Meanwhile, let me use this medium to ask house this question, if a dv winner enter USA in July being the expiring date on his visa, how many months can he be in US before coming back again, is it possible for him to come back after 1month, 2 months or 3months or more than that.

Your reply is highly welcome.

Thanks.

You can even return the same day. There is nothing like minimum or maximum days to spent before returning to your country.

Interview Experience; Passed!!!

I will just go straight forward with our interview because I don't want to ramble here and there.

Met the counselor at Window 6.

Me and wife ; Good Afternoon
C.O ; No respond.

We greet again but he never mind us.

Look at us and started with these questions directly to my wife

C.O; Why didn't you add your husband to the application when filling it ?

Wife : We were not married by then.

C O ; So what have you been doing after school.

Wife ; I worked with XYZ company as a XXX employee

C O; What does XXX employee do ?

Wife ; Explain perfectly.

As my wife was answering the question, I was knoding my head. Then the C.O interrupted that I should just stand quietly since am not the principal applicant or else he will be forced to end the interview.

C.O ; So you have a SHARE-CHILD ?

My wife was very confused, then she reply ? Share-child ?

C.O; Yes, share-child, you share the baby with your husband right ? So he is a share child to you..

Me &Wife ; Yes, he is our son

CO ; Now this is what I want you to do. Go to AABB.ORG and follow the instruction on how to do a THREE WAY DNA. I will need this result before 30 September 2012.. And remember if it happens this baby is not yours. You will be ban from going to the united states !!

My wife quickly took the sheet.. I took it from her then boldly face the CO to explain in details how we should go about the DNA. This time he was humble enough to explain in details for us.

We finish the DNA in about two months time and it was positive.. A lot of money !!! Our final appointment was schedule on 25 June 2012 at 1;00pm.

This time we met a new counselor.

CO; Good News, can you please give me your passports ?

Me & Wife ; We did whiles smiling.

C.O ; Started looking at our passports and birth certificate to check on our names ; ' Your son is very cute and he is growing faster

Me & Wife ; Smiling

CO; Your son is so handsome, such a lovely boy.. Just look at the lips with the eyes.

Me & Wife ; Smiling

CO ; Now listen, I'm going to approve your VISA which should be collected on 27 July, but you have to leave the country before 28 August because your medical report expires on August 28. Can you do that ?

Me & Wife ; Sure we can do that.

C;O. Please you have to make it a point to leave before this date due to your medical report okay.

Me & Wife ; OK. thank you very much.

CO ; You welcome and my greetings to your son when he wakes up. Such a lovely boy.

She gave us the blue-sheet. and that's the end.. WHAT A JOURNEY!!!!!!!. BIG THANKS GOES TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD THROUGH HIS FORGIVENESS, MERCY AND GRACE.. AND TO ALL MEMBERS HERE WHO HELP TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE. MANTUTU, AMECK. STONE. ETC...

Hi

I will just go straight forward with our interview because I don't want to ramble here and there.

C.O ; No respond.

As my wife was answering the question, I was knoding my head. Then the C.O interrupted that I should just stand quietly since am not the principal applicant or else he will be forced to end the interview.

C.O; Yes, share-child, you share the baby with your husband right ? So he is a share child to you..

CO ; Now this is what I want you to do. Go to AABB.ORG and follow the instruction on how to do a THREE WAY DNA. I will need this result before 30 September 2012.. And remember if it happens this baby is not yours. You will be ban from going to the united states !!

My wife quickly took the sheet.. I took it from her then boldly face the CO to explain in details how we should go about the DNA. This time he was humble enough to explain in details for us.

We finish the DNA in about two months time and it was positive.. A lot of money !!! Our final appointment was schedule on 25 June 2012 at 1;00pm.

C.O ; Started looking at our passports and birth certificate to check on our names ; ' Your son is very cute and he is growing faster

Me & Wife ; Smiling

CO; Your son is so handsome, such a lovely boy.. Just look at the lips with the eyes.

Me & Wife ; Smiling

CO ; Now listen, I'm going to approve your VISA which should be collected on 27 July, but you have to leave the country before 28 August because your medical report expires on August 28. Can you do that ?

C;O. Please you have to make it a point to leave before this date due to your medical report okay.

CO ; You welcome and my greetings to your son when he wakes up. Such a lovely boy.

She gave us the blue-sheet. and that's the end.. WHAT A JOURNEY!!!!!!!. BIG THANKS GOES TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD THROUGH HIS FORGIVENESS, MERCY AND GRACE.. AND TO ALL MEMBERS HERE WHO HELP TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE. MANTUTU, AMECK. STONE. ETC...

What the lord has given to you nobody can take it away.....safe journey sir.

C.O ; No respond.

Me & Wife ; Smiling

Me & Wife ; Smiling

Congrats, I am happy for your family.

C.O ; No respond.

Me & Wife ; Smiling

Me & Wife ; Smiling

Congratulations on ur success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to ALL lucky winners nd wishing u ALL successful interviews ahead.

It is finished!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medical Report Expires August 28

Prior to my interview, what happens if I don't leave Ghana by August 28 ( Medical's Expires ).

Also I plan to go to Louisiana but due to flight cost, I will be going to JFK before moving there.. Any Idea on that in relation to the port of entry.

I know there are some logistics on Arrival at the airport..Can someone explain to me. And what are the steps for our GC. and SSN hopefully!

Prior to my interview, what happens if I don't leave Ghana by August 28 ( Medical's Expires ).

Also I plan to go to Louisiana but due to flight cost, I will be going to JFK before moving there.. Any Idea on that in relation to the port of entry.

I know there are some logistics on Arrival at the airport..Can someone explain to me. And what are the steps for our GC. and SSN hopefully!

Pls,you have to leave b4 ur medical expires!!!!!

there is no big deal at the point of entry,just ensure that u update ur port of entry at the port when filling the forms.Cos,u will be given some forms to fill when to USA (ur port of entry;and ur destination,i mean where ure going to stay will be required to be filled up in the form to enable the USA Homeland Security PROCESS UR SSN nd GREEN CARD.This is cos they will send ur SSN ND GREEN CARD to the address u provided at the port of entry.

The steps required to get ur SSN nd GREEN CARD is just the address u provide at the port of entry for them to send ur GREEN CARD.Also,u will have to go to SSN office as soon as you get to ur destination in the USA so that u can apply for ur SSN and will then be sent to ur address.

Good luck nd rgds.

Please help me

I apply for B1/B2 VISA in 2009 and I make my marital status MARRIED ( which is false) and I was refuse the visa twice in the same year.
2013 i was selected for DV2013 and my marital status was never MARRIED (true).

Im asking since they took my fingerprint in my previous application, they were having my personal document.
So can dis affect my chances of getting DV2013 VISA.And has any body encounter such problem.

PLEASE HELP ME

I apply for B1/B2 VISA in 2009 and I make my marital status MARRIED ( which is false) and I was refuse the visa twice in the same year.

Im asking since they took my fingerprint in my previous application, they were having my personal document.
So can dis affect my chances of getting DV2013 VISA.And has any body encounter such problem.

PLEASE HELP ME

Your marital status is an issue that will definately surface at your visa interview. l can recall very well that someone in the dv 2011 group was denied visa for the same reason. ln his case, he argued that he never mentioned that he was married in the previous visa application but the consular officer insisted that their record shows that he said he was married then. Eventually he was denied the visa. But who knows, your case might be an exception. On the other hand if you did not submit a marriage certificate during your previous visa application or your supposed marriage was just a traditional one then you can now say you divorced and there will be no need for a divorce certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank u

Your marital status is an issue that will definately surface at your visa interview. l can recall very well that someone in the dv 2011 group was denied visa for the same reason. ln his case, he argued that he never mentioned that he was married in the previous visa application but the consular officer insisted that their record shows that he said he was married then. Eventually he was denied the visa. But who knows, your case might be an exception. On the other hand if you did not submit a marriage certificate during your previous visa application or your supposed marriage was just a traditional one then you can now say you divorced and there will be no need for a divorce certificate.

I did not submit any marriage document. i wrote wife's name and date of birth.
thanks a lot.

PLEASE HELP ME

You can not say you DIVORCED yet you filled SINGLE (NEVER MARRIED) on your form 230. Never married means exactly that, NEVER MARRIED. So you can not divorce if you have never been married. You can possibly say you were merely co-habiting with your girlfriend in 2009 but you honestly believed it was a marriage at that time since in your culture some people call you married even though you have not yet gone through a marriage ceremony. But legally, you never married neither traditionally nor a civil/church/muslim marriage and this legal difference between a marriage and co-habiting was brought to your attention when you consulted a Lawyer in 2011. All this explanation can be done in an Affidavit clarifying your marital status. Otherwise, they will definitely check your records and boom, your denied!

Birth Certificate

Hello fellow forumites,

I have a question about the Ghanaian birth certificate. I read on the dv website that starting February 2011 only computer generated birth certificates are allowed. Does that mean that one has to make a new birth certificate ??

I will appreciate a little enlightenment.

Thanks

/ksjla

Hello fellow forumites,

I have a question about the Ghanaian birth certificate. I read on the dv website that starting February 2011 only computer generated birth certificates are allowed. Does that mean that one has to make a new birth certificate ??

I will appreciate a little enlightenment.

Thanks

/ksjla

Is the same birth cert you used to make ur pasport. Not the old one.

Birth Certificate

Is the same birth cert you used to make ur pasport. Not the old one.

Thank you for your response much appreciated. Well my birth certificate dates back 16 years. That is when I made my passport. I have renewed my passport but I did not use my birth certificate to renew. I used my old passport to get a new one so I am not privy to the new (computer generated) one.

I get your point though, it is a must that I get the new birth cert since I read on the dv website that only the new one is recognized since February 2011.

Thanks a lot.

/ksjl