• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

to all those who are having their interviews & visas this week. Omena and okechukwu, the only thing left for you guys to do is your presence at the embassy. Since the most high has done 99% of the interview for you all. This week is a prayer one because omena & okechukwu will be having successful interviews and stmykael and kyerewaa on the other hand, be collecting their visas in the mighty name of jesus peace! Benniit

ameenn!!!

My interview comes up this week,myself,my wife and a kid,pls remember to pray for me too.I just believe i will come back with testimony on this forum.

God will be with you and believe your story will not be different from others in the forum. You will surely come to join us here (US), Amen!

Hi,

I'm Kenyan and regularly follow up this thread since no Kenyan has had an interview yet. Congrats to all those on this thread who have had their interviews.

My question goes out to those who have had already moved to the States e.g Alexee and Ammeck.

1. How hard have you found it to get a job? Especially Ammeck who I know has a Masters degree and has been in the UK for a while. How are you going about looking for a job and what challenges have you found so far?
njugnuts, I will take my time to answer your questions. First of all, I'm not working at the moment - and there are various reasons for that. I moved to the US with all my family (5 in all) and we have to stay with a family member. Our host has been here (US) for some few months, and lacks TV, the Internet, and home phone. We were limited in our contacts outside. We also live in a place where there are no bus plying that area. We couldn't go out as we wish, and checking on jobs was out the question because of our lack of internet. At the same time, I was trying to sort out some domestic issues back home, as well as trying to get our own apartment (the apartment was empty, so I have to buy everything - from cooking wares to furniture), getting my children into schools, getting a car on my own (dealing with buying, registration and other things), sorting out my driving license, among other things. Due to these, my first job application was submitted only last week. So at the moment, I can't say it's easy neither difficult for me in finding a job.
2. Assuming that one is not able to get a job for a couple of months, can you give an estimate in USD per person (so it can be easier applicable across the board) that one should prepare to have so as to be able to meet their needs e.g housing, transport etc.
It'd be nice to get this information so we can plan our move.
It depends on a number of factors; whether your family is moving with you, your host is ready to let you stay for some months and ready to pay the bills/rent himself, your host lifestyle, etc. Basically, I don't think it will be prudent to quote any fixed figure/amount that will last you in a month. So my only advise is to try and prepare well in terms of finance, so as to avoid the situation whereby you have to depend on some people for your living. To live in your own apartment, even if it's one bedroom - you should budget for between $800-$1000. If the area you're going to stay have a good bus service, you can buy a monthly ticket for about $100. In fact, it's very difficult listing items here one-by-one and costing it. This is my take on your questions

njugnuts, I will take my time to answer your questions. First of all, I'm not working at the moment - and there are various reasons for that. I moved to the US with all my family (5 in all) and we have to stay with a family member. Our host has been here (US) for some few months, and lacks TV, the Internet, and home phone. We were limited in our contacts outside. We also live in a place where there are no bus plying that area. We couldn't go out as we wish, and checking on jobs was out the question because of our lack of internet. At the same time, I was trying to sort out some domestic issues back home, as well as trying to get our own apartment (the apartment was empty, so I have to buy everything - from cooking wares to furniture), getting my children into schools, getting a car on my own (dealing with buying, registration and other things), sorting out my driving license, among other things. Due to these, my first job application was submitted only last week. So at the moment, I can't say it's easy neither difficult for me in finding a job.

It depends on a number of factors; whether your family is moving with you, your host is ready to let you stay for some months and ready to pay the bills/rent himself, your host lifestyle, etc. Basically, I don't think it will be prudent to quote any fixed figure/amount that will last you in a month. So my only advise is to try and prepare well in terms of finance, so as to avoid the situation whereby you have to depend on some people for your living. To live in your own apartment, even if it's one bedroom - you should budget for between $800-$1000. If the area you're going to stay have a good bus service, you can buy a monthly ticket for about $100. In fact, it's very difficult listing items here one-by-one and costing it. This is my take on your questions

Thanks Ammeck09, all this is very enlightening. Forumites, we need to prepare adequately.

kennyeast,
thanks 4 ur response. I hvn't gotten a date 4 my interview yet...guess d submission of my form wasn't done on time.

Stmyakel and Kyerewa picking up your visas today. Wish both of you the best of luck. Hey would be meeting up? Waiting here for you story. God be with you! Ameen

We pray that all those going for interview this week and shall have a successful interview and visa granted in jesus name,AMEN

Hi everyone, I've been away for some time, but so happy to come back to this wonderful success stories. To God be the glory. Concratulations to kyerewa and Stmyakel and God favour on your visa pick up.

temmy2010

i have a case as yours temmy. a refusal of UK student visa is simply stamped the embassy where the application was made.mine was for lack of enough funds. the refusal letter n contents are private and can only be released to another UK embassy. i do not think a us embassy will have access to that. also i make it that your us visa denial was on grounds that do not apply for the dv visa. do not bother to apply for another passport, just be ready to explain if the issue comes up.

Kyerewaa and Stmykael, where are you guyz! for are anxiously waiting for the Goodnews, so don't keep us waiting forever.

to GOD be the GLORY

Good people maself and sister Kyerewaa went to pick up our visas today. We thank u all for ur support n prayers.

on the 23rd oct 2009, i was passing behind the main admin block of my company wen i met some guyz snapping some pictures. Upon enquiry i was informed it was for the DV program. I then decided to join them. It was my very first time. I had totally fogotten that i had even entered de lottery.
On 5th may 2010 whilst driving home after a hectic day at work, i had a call frm ma dad that i have a letter home from kentucky consular center. I tried casting ma mind back it was there n then i remembered havin entered de DV lottery. It was like a dream to me. I called the guy who sized ma pic for me n enquired if he had gotten any such letter But he said no.
Exactly a year down here i find maself with an immigrant visa stucked in ma passport with this yellow envelope also in ma hand.
All that i can say is GLORY BE UNTO HIM THE MOST HIGH. Am so grateful