• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Thanks. Guys, I ve not. Gone to uk before, the passport wasn't stamped but was signed as they do to other pls refusal but it was in the refusal letter attached to it that it was stated that I ve been under ban since 2 yrs ago.
My fear of gettin a new passport is that I applies for a visiting visa to usa in May which was not giving to me and the reason giving to me by the consular was that I do not ve any travelling history. I'm sure they must ve register my passport detail in their system. Getting a new E passport like mine wld equally take me like 2 months to collect as well too. Pls advice me more
Temmy,
If the UK ban has not been noticed by the US consulate when you applied to a US visa in May, you still can go ahead to get your new passport. If they had noticed it, they would have raised the issue to you. Their reason to deny you the visa was absence of a previous travel rather than a forged document. Your interview is most probably in January and you have time to process your new passport. I advise you to call kcc to learn about your interview date and if they tell you to contact them after November 15, then your interview is in January. Getting a new passport as a replacement for a "lost one" is also something legal and you shouldn't be scared of it. Good luck.

Thanks Labora,
A lawyer friend of mine said that it wldnt be wise for me to change d passport cos I presented it in May and also said I shld be able to explain myslf if d CO asked me during interview since wat I submitted to uk this aug is a geniue documnt only that I had used a forged one in 08. Changing might raise suspicion that I'm hidden some facts. I ll be ready to defend myslf on dat interview day. I already calld them and I was told to call back after Nov. 15. So I guess interview ll be in january.

Thanks. Guys, I ve not. Gone to uk before, the passport wasn't stamped but was signed as they do to other pls refusal but it was in the refusal letter attached to it that it was stated that I ve been under ban since 2 yrs ago.
My fear of gettin a new passport is that I applies for a visiting visa to usa in May which was not giving to me and the reason giving to me by the consular was that I do not ve any travelling history. I'm sure they must ve register my passport detail in their system. Getting a new E passport like mine wld equally take me like 2 months to collect as well too. Pls advice me more

You don't need to get a new passport, the old one is good enough for the dv lottery. My experience with this is that, even if the UK ban you for 100 years, what they can only do is to stamp your passport - which suggest that you have once applied for a visa. It is normal to get that stamp once your visa application is rejected/refused. Moreover, you have used the same passport to apply for a visitors visa from the US, therefore getting a new one will raised eyebrows.

Once you have not lived in the UK for 6 or more months whereby you will need a police certificate from that country, your denial for the visa will not affect your chances of getting the dv visa.

The important issue here is to get the necessary as well as genuine documents for the dv lottery visa application and you will come here to testify to the good works of the Lord.

Thanks Labora,
A lawyer friend of mine said that it wldnt be wise for me to change d passport cos I presented it in May and also said I shld be able to explain myslf if d CO asked me during interview since wat I submitted to uk this aug is a geniue documnt only that I had used a forged one in 08. Changing might raise suspicion that I'm hidden some facts. I ll be ready to defend myslf on dat interview day. I already calld them and I was told to call back after Nov. 15. So I guess interview ll be in january.

I'm not sure (my own assumption) that the consular will ask you any question pertaining to your UK visa application (or why you were refused).

Hi all, I really appreciate a forum like this as it gives a 3D insight into the functionalities of the Lottery. congrats to all those who has been successful! & 4 those of us still waiting... our story of glory is definately on the way!

meanwhile, must you present your inter passport @ d NPC office b4 I'll b issued a birth cert?

Thanks Labora,

Don't change your passport. They will have all the detail together with your fingerprint. Please go with your original passport and ya , they might not ask regarding UK visa refusal . Even though they ask you , you can give some other reason instead of saying fake document submitted. You will definitely get it through , don't worry and don't change the passport.

As in my case Social visit visa was granted on 2007 and in 2008 my H1B visa was rejected mainly due to recession and plus company where I was hire was not able to provide sufficient
detail on the project where I was going involve. I might be facing this question during my Interview , Which I have to tackle and I believe it won't be an hurdle for me (touch wood). But surely I am not going to change my passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I really appreciate a forum like this as it gives a 3D insight into the functionalities of the Lottery. congrats to all those who has been successful! & 4 those of us still waiting... our story of glory is definately on the way!

meanwhile, must you present your inter passport @ d NPC office b4 I'll b issued a birth cert?

God's son if u ar a nigerian, u dnt need it all u need is a court affidavit of age declearation, i dnt knw abt ghana. Pls lets knw ur interview date so we can join u in prayers gudluck.

My interview comes up this week,myself,my wife and a kid,pls remember to pray for me too.I just believe i will come back with testimony on this forum.

My interview comes up this week,myself,my wife and a kid,pls remember to pray for me too.I just believe i will come back with testimony on this forum.

Scopido,
surely all members of this forum not just this thread in particular are been catered for in our daily prayers and that you shouldn't be afraid at all for Our Almighty Father is in control.
Good luck and waiting for a successful interview experience from all you guys in Jesus Name.

Life in the States after DV

Hi,

I'm Kenyan and regularly follow up this thread since no Kenyan has had an interview yet. Congrats to all those on this thread who have had their interviews.

My question goes out to those who have had already moved to the States e.g Alexee and Ammeck.

1. How hard have you found it to get a job? Especially Ammeck who I know has a Masters degree and has been in the UK for a while. How are you going about looking for a job and what challenges have you found so far?
2. Assuming that one is not able to get a job for a couple of months, can you give an estimate in USD per person (so it can be easier applicable across the board) that one should prepare to have so as to be able to meet their needs e.g housing, transport etc.

It'd be nice to get this information so we can plan our move.

help

Forumites pls help. I have just discovered that d yr i started sec schl and d yr i filled in the form sent to kcc are diff. pls wat can i do? Hop it is not too late bcos i called kcc abt my case and i was told it is stil in process nd dat i should call back in 4weeks.

Hello to you all. I am Franky from ghana. just recieved my letter from the KCC for the 2011 lottery. but I am confused on filling the DSP-122 form. the place labelled 'petitioner'. please who is this petitioner. need help please someone help me. thank you. hoping to hear from you soon. best regards.

Hello to you all. I am Franky from ghana. just recieved my letter from the KCC for the 2011 lottery. but I am confused on filling the DSP-122 form. the place labelled 'petitioner'. please who is this petitioner. need help please someone help me. thank you. hoping to hear from you soon. best regards.

Petitioner is you, the lottery winner. Please fill the forms and send them back to kcc asap. Once you've received 1st NL, please update your signature by going to the top of this page on your right, click on settings, look at the left pane, you find edit signature. Please update your signature for us to know your case number. Peace! Benniit

To all those who are having their interviews & visas this week. Omena and Okechukwu, the only thing left for you guys to do is your presence at the embassy. Since the Most High has done 99% of the interview for you all. This week is a prayer one because Omena & Okechukwu will be having successful interviews and stmykael and Kyerewaa on the other hand, be collecting their visas in the mighty name of Jesus Peace! Benniit

To all those who are having their interviews & visas this week. Omena and Okechukwu, the only thing left for you guys to do is your presence at the embassy. Since the Most High has done 99% of the interview for you all. This week is a prayer one because Omena & Okechukwu will be having successful interviews and stmykael and Kyerewaa on the other hand, be collecting their visas in the mighty name of Jesus Peace! Benniit

Amen. May God guide u through Omena and Okechukwu. As he did for us so will he do for u. Just have faith and BELIEVE. May He be with u thru

Scopio, now that you've made your entire family known to the house, believe me your story will nöt be different from other successful interviews we've witnessed so far. Will surely recall u, Omena & Okechukwu for their upcoming interviews, Kyerewaa & Stmykael for their visa collection. God be with u all. Peace! Benniit

thank you so much benniit may the lord hear our prayers and see us thru we appreciate ur prayers and we will come and share the good new