• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Thanks Alexee so is it the same cost if i choose to do it at Holy Trinity what about my question about the petitioner.thanks

Hi Broadi,

Ammeck did justice to your petitioner question that is why i did not throw light on that one. The cost of the medicals is 380 Ghana Cedis @ Holly Trinity and 330 or 350 (not all that sure) Ghana cedis @ Akai.

Better not because some of us are benefiting greatly. I think the football fever is responsible for the silence.
How late do you think one can change the US address given on the form DS 230?

Better not because some of us are benefiting greatly. I think the football fever is responsible for the silence.
How late do you think one can change the US address given on the form DS 230?

Before your CN becomes current. You can also change it during your interview and at the POE.

can someone tell me if you need your vaccination record for the interview, or the medical test is enough, b'cos i a lot of ghanaians dont have.

can someone tell me if you need your vaccination record for the interview, or the medical test is enough, b'cos i a lot of ghanaians dont have.

Hi seandelli,

As far as i know, all you need for your interview is a medical results from US embassy (Ghana) approved hospital or clinic .

You need your vaccination records for your medical examination and this will determine the vaccinations you will receive from the doctors. After completing your medical examination, you will only need the medical results given to you by the doctors for your visa interview.

does anyone know whether Diploma in Buisness studies (DBS) qualify for the dv lottery please.my friend tried to email the embassy but says no response from them and i also dont have any idea.Hope someone can help.thanks guys for the good job lets keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know whether Diploma in Buisness studies (DBS) qualify for the dv lottery please.my friend tried to email the embassy but says no response from them and i also dont have any idea.Hope someone can help.thanks guys for the good job lets keep it up

Your friend might have complete high school before S/he went ahead to do the DBS programme so there shouldn't be any couse for alarm. Tell him he qualifies.

Gud news! the 2011 online status check is available. I checked my status and I WAS SELECTED. Thnks be to GOD!

A lot of people are complaining they have received their 1NL but when they checked, they weren't selected. I wonder how this happens!

Gud news! the 2011 online status check is available. I checked my status and I WAS SELECTED. Thnks be to GOD!

A lot of people are complaining they have received their 1NL but when they checked, they weren't selected. I wonder how this happens!

It happened last year, a lot of winners according to the status check were 'not selected'. Firefox and some other web browsers may give you a false response, better use Internet Explorer.

thanks Alexee he doesnt have the high school English and Maths as he pass through vocational institude before going to do the DBS so what do you think is best for him to do without the high school.Any advice please

thanks Alexee he doesnt have the high school English and Maths as he pass through vocational institude before going to do the DBS so what do you think is best for him to do without the high school.Any advice please

The bottomline is the winners must have at least SSSCE or O/L qualification to qualify for the dv lottery, but since DBS is higher than both I guess your friend qualifies for the dv program. But the problem in most African countries is that the embassies always makes it very difficult for winners to obtain the visa, therefore, we need to know if the DBS contains some courses in English and Maths. If it's then your friend will be fine to go ahead.

The bottomline is the winners must have at least SSSCE or O/L qualification to qualify for the dv lottery, but since DBS is higher than both I guess your friend qualifies for the dv program. But the problem in most African countries is that the embassies always makes it very difficult for winners to obtain the visa, therefore, we need to know if the DBS contains some courses in English and Maths. If it's then your friend will be fine to go ahead.

Do we have experiences of people with all the requirements that finally got 'bounced'? It will benefit some of us to read experiences from people who were single and from those who had families. Do Case Numbers play a role in these denials?

This is the message I received when I check my status on line with Internet Explorer:
Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.
If you have not yet received your selectee letter, please do not contact KCC until after August 1, 2010. International mail delivery delays of one month or more are normal. KCC will not respond to questions they receive before August 1, 2010 regarding non-receipt of selectee letters. If you still have not received your selectee letter by August 1, 2010, however, you may contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov.

Hope it helps people who have won but can check their status on line

Do we have experiences of people with all the requirements that finally got 'bounced'? It will benefit some of us to read experiences from people who were single and from those who had families. Do Case Numbers play a role in these denials?

It will be difficult for someone being denied the visa to come here and share his interview experience. The time, financial resources, the dream lost, and all the efforts puts into the process; and eventually being denied the visa - this is too painful to be sharing with others and especially in an open forum like this. Case numbers does not play a role in dv denials but when it's getting to the end of the fiscal year and where there are few visas available, any little mistake or omission could cost your application being denied.

Dear Brothers
In August visa bulletin, it is shown the following:
AFRICA 64,300
Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000
ASIA 28,700
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT
And DV2011 Winners breakdown as follows:
AF = 51004
AS = 14999
EU = 30999
NA = 18
OC = 1600
SA = 1989.
TOTAL = 100609.
What does it mean……if we calculate
Africa+Egypt+Ethiopia+Nigeria =64,000+26,000+25,625+22,000= 137,625
Does that mean 137,625 total number of derivatives ( family members) of allotted winners 51,004?
Does that mean that for Africa the first winner selectees are 51,004 out of total 100,609?
Another questions?
If we have two case numbers 2011AF00016XXX and 2011AF00053XXX? Is the first one has priority more than second one?
When case number 2011AF00016XXX will be current?
In case if the second one submitted his application to KCC before first one…..Does this mean that he has advantage as they said first applications have more priority.
Also, Does AOS has any privilege in DV rather than CP?
Waiting your reply……..Best regards……my mail……saad454647@hotmail.com

thanks Ammeck and Alexee for ur help keep it up.anyway does international o level qualify for the dv lottery?it does include English ,maths science and other 3 elective subjects which is written in Ghana but the certificate is issue from usa and accepted by universities and polythenics but not sure of the dv.advice please.

thanks Ammeck and Alexee for ur help keep it up.anyway if a winner doesnt have the education requirement but the wife have can the embassy accept it as my friend said he heard it from a lawyer on one of the tv stations.is that true any idea ?as he was asking me but i dont have an idea .

Hi Broadi,

The answer to your question is a big NO. The so-called lawyer got it wrong. According to the DV lottery rules, it's only the principal applicant (winner) whose work or education can be use as a basis for qualification. In your friend case since is the husband who won, if he does not qualify through any of the above, the wife may have a PHD but be assured that their case will be disqualify. In my case, we all qualified through both but i we opted to use education and i did not submit any evidence of my wife's education since i was the principal applicant.
Hope this helps.