• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

The police CID office in Kumasi upon inquiry told me the cost of the Police certificate is 70.0 Ghana Cedis.

this can't be true. i jx picked one last week and it only cost 15ghc plus 5ghc for passport photos. for residents leaving abroad it is $200.

@stmykael: Was it at the Kumasi regional office? Were you given receipt? I want to be sure before I go there finally.

Yea, but when you go there they will quote you US$200, no discount/reduction.

Does it really matter where one gets the police clearance certificate from, when one is living outside Ghana. Can I go to Accra for Police report, if I were living in Kumasi before travelling outside or vice versa. Ciao

Anybody with degree attended DV interview in Ghana before? I want to know if University transcript is required during the interview.

Does it really matter where one gets the police clearance certificate from, when one is living outside Ghana. Can I go to Accra for Police report, if I were living in Kumasi before travelling outside or vice versa. Ciao

No, you can get it from Accra no matter where you used to live. Whilst I was in Ghana I spent almost all my entire life in Kumasi but applied for my police certificate from the police headquarters in Accra. Likewise a friend who is now in the US.

Anybody with degree attended DV interview in Ghana before? I want to know if University transcript is required during the interview.

Don't send your transcript if you have the degree certificate with you. You will be opened to more questions from your degree if you submit your transcript during the interview.
Btw, a transcript is not a requirement for the dv interview.

@stmykael: Was it at the Kumasi regional office? Were you given receipt? I want to be sure before I go there finally.

No it wasn't at the Kumasi CID office. Police Clearance Certificate are only issued at the CID headquarters in Accra. yes i was given a receipt. it is the receipt you will use for collection after 14days time.

No it wasn't at the Kumasi CID office. Police Clearance Certificate are only issued at the CID headquarters in Accra. yes i was given a receipt. it is the receipt you will use for collection after 14days time.

Thank you for the information @stmykael. I will go to Accra for my report then.

Don't send your transcript if you have the degree certificate with you. You will be opened to more questions from your degree if you submit your transcript during the interview.
Btw, a transcript is not a requirement for the dv interview.

Thanks Ammec09. You know information is good but when you get different opinions you tend to get confused. Stay blessed

If someone have lived in the UK for sometime (more than 4 years) and have been back home for the last 19 months. Does the person need a police clearance certificates from the UK?

Thank you for the information @stmykael. I will go to Accra for my report then.

U welcome nsiah. that's de importance of this thread.

But i will advise you to wait till somewhere September before u go for the police report as it is valid for only 3 months. from your case number u will be current in october like myself.

U welcome nsiah. that's de importance of this thread.

But i will advise you to wait till somewhere September before u go for the police report as it is valid for only 3 months. from your case number u will be current in october like myself.

I will do exactly that. We meet there by His Grace!

The job I used to do in the UK required periodic police clearance checks which is called CRB (criminal record) in the UK. The last one I did was two months before I finally left the UK and I have a copy with me at the moment. Can I use that?

The job I used to do in the UK required periodic police clearance checks which is called CRB (criminal record) in the UK. The last one I did was two months before I finally left the UK and I have a copy with me at the moment. Can I use that?

Nsiah,
If only it will still be valid @ the time you will go for your interview, i think you can use it. Good to know that you guys are keeping this thread alive.

NO, YOU CAN'T USE CRB

I have a CRB Certificate, can I use that instead of the Police Certificate?
No, the Embassies and High Commissions will only accept the ACRO Police Certificate.
The above quote is from the Association of Chief Police Officers Criminal Records Office (ACRO) which issues the UK police certificate.

Check the UK Police Certificate Application Form and Guidance Notes From the Link Below. Go to page 10 'FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS' and scroll down to page 12.
http://www.acpo.police.uk/Certificates/Application Form Version 11 - English.pdf

You right ammeck09. I sent them an email and got the exact reply. I am currently using another person box number and since we don't have the house addressing system in Ghana, how do I go about obtaining proof of address?. I have already downloaded the form and filled it. Do you know of a bank that will provide an international bank draft?

NO, YOU CAN'T USE CRB

The above quote is from the Association of Chief Police Officers Criminal Records Office (ACRO) which issues the UK police certificate.

Check the UK Police Certificate Application Form and Guidance Notes From the Link Below. Go to page 10 'FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS' and scroll down to page 12.
http://www.acpo.police.uk/Certificates/Application Form Version 11 - English.pdf

Ammeck09, thank you for this timely information. I nearly misinformed nsiah.