• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Guys; i wanted to know, does it take some time before you are granted your visa; that is after a successful interview. if yes how long? and does the 6months start when you receive the visa or after the interview. thanx

It normally takes two weeks or less depending on the country where the interview was held. Some even get it 3 days after the interview.

Can someone explain to me what poverty guidelines are. My sponsor has 3 children with her husband. How much money does she need to earn a year before she can be my sponsor?

Can someone explain to me what poverty guidelines are. My sponsor has 3 children with her husband. How much money does she need to earn a year before she can be my sponsor?

In my opinion the person has to be able to present proof of tax income/payments in the last 3 years. Also he should also have a reasonable sum in his balances to
back his claims of a sponsor. Others will enlight better on this.

Check the website given below, it explains the income your sponsor needs to receive in a year. Use the 125% of the poverty line (the 100% applies to only serving members of the US army) - so with your sponsor having 4 other family members, your inclusion will take the whole to 6 people. Therefore, for any given year, your sponsor should receive $36,912.
http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf

Guys don't forget the new fees when going for your interview
IMMIGRANT VISA......................................OLD FEES....NEW FEES
....................................................................$..............$
Other immigrant visas (SIVs, DVs, etc.).........355.00.... 305.00
IV Security Surcharge....................................45.00......74.00
Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge.....................375.00.....440.00
TOTAL........................................................775.00.... 819.00

Culled from this website
http://travel.state.gov/news/news_5078.html

Thank you guys. Another question

How long does it take for the 2nd letter to arrive after you have become current? Or do you receive it before you become current?

Thank you guys. Another question

How long does it take for the 2nd letter to arrive after you have become current? Or do you receive it before you become current?

Between 2 to 4 weeks depending on location after being current.

hi there,
Concerning the Affidavit Of Support, does the sponsor have to be a relative? and can he use the I-134 forms instead of the I-864? Thanks

hi there,
Concerning the Affidavit Of Support, does the sponsor have to be a relative? and can he use the I-134 forms instead of the I-864? Thanks

Hi Khevin,

The answer to your first question is no. The most important thing is for the person to qualify to sponsor you. Relationship does not come in. The form to use is I-134.

Hi Khevin,

The answer to your first question is no. The most important thing is for the person to qualify to sponsor you. Relationship does not come in. The form to use is I-134.

Hi alexee thanks for the swift response, very much appreciated. I believe this forum will be of immense help. Given my CN of 2011F000007XX, could you tell me when it will be current? I still haven't understood the visa bulletin. Thanks man

Hi alexee thanks for the swift response, very much appreciated. I believe this forum will be of immense help. Given my CN of 2011F000007XX, could you tell me when it will be current? I still haven't understood the visa bulletin. Thanks man

If your CN is 2011AF00007XX then you will definitely have your interview in October 2010 provided you sent your forms to KCC early.

khevin,

I want to tell you that you are @ the right place and be assured that 95% of your issues concerning the DV program is solved. The rest is the little effort you have to put in. Back to your question, be informed that base on your CN, your interview will be October 2010. Please start preparing.

Concerning the visa bulletin, eg if for July 2010 numbers in Africa region 0 to 8000 are current, it means that if you are in Africa region and your number falls within that range then your interview will be in that month. If for August 2010, the current numbers are from 8001 - 14000, is also means that those whose numbers falls within that range will have their interview in that month.

If your CN is 2011AF00007XX then you will definitely have your interview in October 2010 provided you sent your forms to KCC early.

thanks ammeck. unfortunately/fortunately i sent it just this monday 12th July 2010 because I got it late (7th July). But incase my interview is October 2010, does it mean I have to start takin my vaccinations in some hospital already? because I know Hepatitis can take 3 months to complete. if yes could you guys(veterans) give us a list of the vaccinations required so I can start this Saturday quickly!! Thanks

thanks ammeck. unfortunately/fortunately i sent it just this monday 12th July 2010 because I got it late (7th July). But incase my interview is October 2010, does it mean I have to start takin my vaccinations in some hospital already? because I know Hepatitis can take 3 months to complete. if yes could you guys(veterans) give us a list of the vaccinations required so I can start this Saturday quickly!! Thanks

You are not supposed to start your medicals now. When your number becomes current which i believe it will be in the next month bulletin, you will receive a 2NL from KCC telling you of your interview date. You can also send an email to KCC as soon as you realize you are current enquiring of your interview date before the 2NL comes. With regards to the hepatitis B injection, you don't need to complete all the three stages before you go for the interview. You will be given other days to come for the second and the last. They will even tell you after the first one that, in case you travel before the second or the last one, you continue with the rest there.

You are not supposed to start your medicals now. When your number becomes current which i believe it will be in the next month bulletin, you will receive a 2NL from KCC telling you of your interview date. You can also send an email to KCC as soon as you realize you are current enquiring of your interview date before the 2NL comes. With regards to the hepatitis B injection, you don't need to complete all the three stages before you go for the interview. You will be given other days to come for the second and the last. They will even tell you after the first one that, in case you travel before the second or the last one, you continue with the rest there.

That's enlightening. So does that mean we are required to take ALL the medicals at the designated hospital only; which means there will be enough time to do that between the time of CN becoming current and the interview date?? If so which preparations would you advice that we commence now? (police report, birth certificate, 1-134,etc)? Cheers.

That's enlightening. So does that mean we are required to take ALL the medicals at the designated hospital only; which means there will be enough time to do that between the time of CN becoming current and the interview date?? If so which preparations would you advice that we commence now? (police report, birth certificate, 1-134,etc)? Cheers.

You will know in advance that you are current. For instance the next visa bulletin will come out latest 15th of next month and as i indicated earlier on, base on your CN you will be current. That will be an advance notification for you to prepare. You can start gathering all the necessary documents apart from the medicals. You are also supposed to go for the medicals at the designated hospital. I had mine @ Holy Trinity. Remember on the day of your medicals, the hospital will inspect your 2NL before you start the medicals. You can also use the mail from KCC if you have not receive your 2NL

Do visit the 2010 Ghana ans Nigeria thread for more filla.

You will know in advance that you are current. For instance the next visa bulletin will come out latest 15th of next month and as i indicated earlier on, base on your CN you will be current. That will be an advance notification for you to prepare. You can start gathering all the necessary documents apart from the medicals. You are also supposed to go for the medicals at the designated hospital. I had mine @ Holy Trinity. Remember on the day of your medicals, the hospital will inspect your 2NL before you start the medicals. You can also use the mail from KCC if you have not receive your 2NL

Do visit the 2010 Ghana ans Nigeria thread for more filla.

Thanks Ammeck and Alxee, good to know we can always get assistance from you guys. I called the KCC right now but they said my forms have no reflected in their systems yet (I mailed it on monday!!)
That notwithstanding I'm going to start gathering my document tomorrow. cheers