• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Yes, I think so. Once you have a higher level of education, your chances of making it is very high, all things being equal. It could also lead to a short interview unless there is new addition(s) to your family members.

You will mostly get questions from the project you have done and some of the courses in the program. You will not be asked questions on your best subjects or subjects you had good grades, neither nouns, adverbs, multiplications and divisions.

Did the CO asked you questions on your project? If he did, was on the undergraduate project or your masters project? If it is the former then may be I have to look for the project work. It has been a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the CO asked you questions on your project? If he did, was on the undergraduate project or your masters project? If it is the former then may be I have to look for the project work. It has been a long time ago.

Check my dv interview on thid page, you will find out that the only questions about school/education was - What program did you do during your undergraduate studies? What about your masters? There wasn't any question about my project(s) both undergraduate and postgraduate, though I was ready for it.

thanks a lot

Hi kyerewaa, your username suggests you are from Ghana. If that is correct, then you are likely to have your interview in October or November 2010. You need to start preparation now by getting your documents in order. Go through the DV-2010 Ghana thread and you will find some useful information there.

If you want to make a contribution here, under every post you will see reply or reply with quote. By clicking on 'reply' lets you reply to that person, 'reply with quote' means replying to that person including a quotation of that person contribution/remarks.

You can also put your signature beneath every post you make by clicking on 'settings' on top of this window/page and also clicking on edit signature on the left to put your signature.

ammeck, thanks for this insight. yes im a Ghanaian. i have already gathered all my doc except the medicals and the police report and the affidavit of support. pls when do you think it wld appropriate for me to get the affidavit from my sponser?

ammeck, thanks for this insight. yes im a Ghanaian. i have already gathered all my doc except the medicals and the police report and the affidavit of support. pls when do you think it wld appropriate for me to get the affidavit from my sponser?

Could you quote your CN properly for me to answer your question?

Marriage help

Could you quote your CN properly for me to answer your question?
CN:2011AF000:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
DATE RECEIVED: 18 APRIL 2010

What are some of the intimate questions they ask on marriage couple in the interview day. cos i have attach my sister to my friends own.

Nsiah,

In my case, i was asked of the topic of my project work and also to talk a little bit about it. It took me less than two minutes to do that. That was my undergraduate project.

What are some of the intimate questions they ask on marriage couple in the interview day. cos i have attach my sister to my friends own.

Kindly go through DV 2010 Ghana and that of Nigeria and you will be okay.

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Hope this helps but you still need to go through the prescribed thread for more information since they are not real couples. During my interview, a couple who went before me were asked separately the last day they had an affair before coming for the interview and the lady answer was last week while the guy responded yesterday, the next question was the day the guy was born and it was Monday while the lady responded Thursday. You should know what this means.

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?

Do you get feedback from KCC when you send them an email updating some details about your case? For instance changing your sponsor.

Do you get feedback from KCC when you send them an email updating some details about your case? For instance changing your sponsor.

Yes, provided you have all the important details in your email, i.e. full name, date of birth and case number.

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Hope this helps but you still need to go through the prescribed thread for more information since they are not real couples. During my interview, a couple who went before me were asked separately the last day they had an affair before coming for the interview and the lady answer was last week while the guy responded yesterday, the next question was the day the guy was born and it was Monday while the lady responded Thursday. You should know what this means.

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?

@aduk4u
When they are trying to prove an established relationship, sometimes the questions goes beyond what are given above. You could be separately asked questions such as:
1. What colour of pants did your wife wore last night?
2. Where in your house do you keep your vacuum cleaner/hoover?
3. When was the last time you had sex?
4. Which part of the bed do you sleep?
5. What is your spouse best food/dishes, subject, etc?
6. What is the name of your spouse grandmother?

The questions can be more intimate and personal, and there is no way you can learn everything if you are not the 'real spouse'. I hope you understand what I mean. Just have a look at some of the questions they have here http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/f...marriage-based-greencard-fraud-interview.html

Has there been a case where someone had his visa issued on his/her first day of interview after submitting all documents?

Goodmorning one and all !!!
First join me in thanking the masterminds who have made here a worthwhile source of information for all DV selectees; the likes of alexee, ammeck, americabound,mykoko,vinesoft,computek,sebulonde,delay, to name a few. The success rate for members on the 2010 thread is amazing. Congratulations to all 2011 selectees and I believe that Insha Allah come 2011, with the assistance from our veterans, we all on this forum will be smiling all the way from the US embassy and thanking God for our visas!!! Believe!!! Let's do well to spread the word and make others a part of this wonderful family. God bless.

First join me in thanking the masterminds who have made here a worthwhile source of information for all DV selectees; the likes of alexee, ammeck, americabound,mykoko,vinesoft,computek,sebulonde,delay, to name a few. The success rate for members on the 2010 thread is amazing. Congratulations to all 2011 selectees and I believe that Insha Allah come 2011, with the assistance from our veterans, we all on this forum will be smiling all the way from the US embassy and thanking God for our visas!!! Believe!!! Let's do well to spread the word and make others a part of this wonderful family. God bless.

Akwasi, welcome to the great forum.
Btw, are you a dv-winner or yet to win?

Welcome on board man.

ammeck
I am a 2011 selectee; hoping to get current soon and then God-willing go through the interview process successfully.

Could you quote your CN (2011AF000XXXXX) so that we can make valuable input into any issue you may raise here? Alternatively, you can set up a signature so that it will appear under every post you make here (click settings on top of this page, then look for edit signature on the left side. Click it and set up your own signature).

Could you quote your CN (2011AF000XXXXX) so that we can make valuable input into any issue you may raise here? Alternatively, you can set up a signature so that it will appear under every post you make here (click settings on top of this page, then look for edit signature on the left side. Click it and set up your own signature).

ammeck a just set up my signature. Guys, with a case number like mine is possible I'll get an appointment date in this year 2010?