• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

i overheard in one thread that a laminated certificate can be suspicious by the CO during interview which means u can be put on AP coz of a laminated diploma, Does anybody has any idea about this theory coz i am thinking of lamination my certificates just for protection. Any contribution will be highly welcome.........

Please, don't do it - it's not necessary. Just take good care of it.

Hi Ammeck09,
It seems i am following your foot-steps, guess what!! We have the following commonalities; CN-XXXXXXXX37XXX, Current in: MAY, Interview date: MAY 12, Interview result.. definately the same...lol...With GOD all things are POSSIBLE. prayer is the key!!!

hahaha, that means you're definitely a winner. Once God has decreed no one can stop you - your success has no bounds. Congrats in advance for getting to this so far!

It all started at the Holy Trinity medical center, north Kaneshie. I got there around 8 am from Kumasi. Out of about 11 clients I guess i was the only DV candidate. As you gisted me earlier, No 2NL was required. They just requested for 4 passport pics, passport and an amount of GH¢375. The hospital staff were very nice and their services; Let me give me them... a Good. I was started with physical exam. With that, I was made to strip up to my under pants, after which the Dr auscultated my heart rate and sounds and that of my lungs. While chatting with the Dr. I asked him about purpose of the med. exam and said,"it's just 2 detect and treat". Afterwards, blood and stool samples were taken. After that I recieved about 4 very painful shots. To avoid uneccessarily traumatizing ur body, go with all the vaccination record u can lay ur hands on. An x-ray of my chest was also taken. In all, I spent about 4-5hrs at the medical center.
At the police headquaters, They requested for just my passport and the money...Lol. The process was smooth. I paid GH¢20( ¢15 for the cert itself and ¢5 for passport pics) Don't go with ur own passport pics because a new one will be taken there. I was given a form to fill( Name, place of birth, parents names, schools attended and their dates and so on) My finger prints were taken and that was it. I was given a receipt to pickup the cert on the 28th of this month, at 2pm. At the police HQ, I happened to chat with another DV guy who had his med. at Akai and from what he said, Akai is more cheaper than Holy Trinity(GH¢320 or so. but please take more than that with u. Anything can happen (At least GH¢380).

Good information for those having their medicals in Ghana. Thanks Nyarkoh for such valuable information.

Please, don't do it - it's not necessary. Just take good care of it.
Ammeck09, u are scaring me. My SSSCE cert. was laminated by WAEC in order to have my pic secured on it. I also laminated my university cert 2yrs ago in order to protect it. Am I in trouble aready?

Why scary?

Ammeck09, u are scaring me. My SSSCE cert. was laminated by WAEC in order to have my pic secured on it. I also laminated my university cert 2yrs ago in order to protect it. Am I in trouble aready?

I know that laminating certs is not advisable. But my dear, you don't have a problem at all, once your certs are genuine.

The embassy CANNOT and WILL NOT deny you visa based on a laminated cert.

You can post a question to all past winners if we wouldn't find someone who used a laminated cert.

What the embassy can do to authenticate the cert is to very from the institution the cert is coming from, and that WILL NOT jeopardize your chances. INJ. Feel free! Peace be your part this morning. Benniit

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that laminating certs is not advisable. But my dear, you don't have a problem at all, once your certs are genuine.

The embassy CANNOT and WILL NOT deny you visa based on a laminated cert.

You can post a question to all past winners if we wouldn't find someone who used a laminated cert.

What the embassy can do to authenticate the cert is to very from the institution the cert is coming from, and that WILL NOT jeopardize your chances. INJ. Feel free! Peace be your part this morning. Benniit
Got scared as a result of how Ammeck09 admonished the other dude to stop having it done to his cert. All the same, thanks Ben I'm relieved now. Go bless u Sir.

Emergency

Stonesanjay just called me dis morning dat he just got a call from the embassy to come and meet with an officer, i dnt knw the reason, but i assured him dat if all his docs were authentic, he has nothing to fear. But we must not overlook it, our key here is PRAYER, pls lets pray 4 him.

Stonesanjay just called me dis morning dat he just got a call from the embassy to come and meet with an officer, i dnt knw the reason, but i assured him dat if all his docs were authentic, he has nothing to fear. But we must not overlook it, our key here is PRAYER, pls lets pray 4 him.

Is that case? Nothing bad will happen to him if his documents are okay. I pray that he comes here to tell us something good! Peace unto him! Benniit

No panicking! I strongly believe he's going to be fine.

i got here name and a friend name. i had to send the moneyorder to her friend. she said she lost her international card.

I am not saying it's bad neither it's unacceptable. What I said is that it's not necessary to laminate it. I got my O/L way back in 1987 and it is still new. Just take good care of it.

I don't think any bad thing will happen. All the same, wish him the best.

I am not saying it's bad neither it's unacceptable. What I said is that it's not necessary to laminate it. I got my O/L way back in 1987 and it is still new. Just take good care of it.

Alright, I misunderstood you. Thanks for the clarification. Have a wonderful day!

Stonesanjay was called again dis morning 4 anoda interview and to the glory God it was successful, he was given anoda pickup letter.

We know and believe nothing Bad will come out of this for our Lord God is in Control. may the Lord be with him.

Dat is a very good information, i was about to start laminating all my certificates. This means i have to stop. Thanks forumites!!!!

My second successful interview experience!!!!!!!!!!

Come and join me singing halleluyah,jehovan jareh has done it again for me.

Thank you everybody for your prayer upon me and to the shame of the Devil,I have made it again.

Initially,I had a successful interview on Tuesday and was given Visa pick up letter against 22nd March but latter called this morning that I need to come to Embassy by 1pm so i quickly went ther cos i didt know what was it.

On getting to the Embassy after the normal security check again,my first pick letter was collected from me and was given another Visa interview ticket.This is my second interview experience today;

The same Co that interviewed me on Tuesday called me window 11:

Me:Good afternoon
Co:Good afternoon
Co:where is your Old passport
Me :what?
Co:The old passport u used in 2006
Me:It got burnt
Co:how?
Me:I explained
Co :who gave u the passport
Me:My former company for Training Visa but was denied then
Me:Explained in detail the company name and the kind of training we wanted to go for in USA then
Co:Ok.Pick up your Visa next week Thursday (24th March,2011)and he gave me another pick up letter
Me:Thank you very much.

Praiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee God everybody cos God did not allow the wish of the enemy to come to pass in my life.I glorify the name of the Lord for this wonderful experience and I know that the SAME GOD THAT WAS,HIS AND FOREVERMORE IS ALWAYS WITH US ON THIS FORUM AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRAISE HIM AND SHOUT FOR JOY ALL THE TIMES.

Thank you my fellow members I really appreciate your unrellent prayers for me and to ALL other members going for interviews that the Lord will show them favour in the face of the Consular officer in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTE:
MY ADVICE TO EVERYBODY IS THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SAY THE TRUTH WHEN YOU GO FOR INTERVIEW.IF YOU GIVE FAKE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DOCUMENTS OR ANY PAST INTERVIEW AT THE USA EMBASSY,THEY WILL CATCH YOU BY ALL MEANS.

MAY THE MERCY AND FAVOUR OF GOD CONTINUE TO BE WITH US ON THIS FORUM AND FOREVERMORE,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To those going for interview next week;forexpalace and others,I wish u ALL VISA BREAKTHROUGH IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!11