• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 from Cameroon

Hello am cameroonian too,I am in the UK presently as a student and got notified i won the dv lottery and the notification letter was send to me from cameroon and i filed in my bar code and the two forms a month ago thats begining july.but realised i had an error on my Dsp230 which was at the part where i wrote my sponsors name as the petitioner instead of mine what can i do please to get that amended!!
secondly i am for dv 2011 and my cn is 2011AF00013xxx when can my interview date be according to the visa bulletin cos i have no idea on how to use that...thnx

hello grand frere, I am quite happy I stumbled on this forum.I am one of the selectees for 2011 from Cameroon.I rightly received my package in May and rightly returned it to KCC in that same month.My email inquiry confirmed that they rightly received the documents.My fear now is that I have a very high case number AF00080xxxxx.can u brothers help me out?
thanks once more.

Is there anyone in here?
Happy to be back after a long recess and also overwhelmed to see the house to have grown with more Cameroonians,hope others will join us with time.
Well! my story is not different from others and yours wouldnt be different too.Success is the reward awaiting you.
I know the challengers you are going through especially if you`ve not heard from KCC yet but know this will come to pass.
Our interview as I can say wasnt an interview,we just went "to show ourselves" to the Officers. We had just a small talk for about 2mins and that was it.
I pray that you guys still in the process should also experience same.
I would be popping in from time to time to share a word or two should need be.Otherwise I wish you guys all of luck

Cheers

Hey all, please can somebody forcast from my case number when i can be schedule an interview AF38xxx. thanks

Falainwest,
If things go in the same pace as they did last year, you will be current in May, 2011. This is of course if you are not from Egypt, Ethiopia or Nigeria. For the future, to answer such questions, you can visit the visa bulletin that comes out every month from the US state department . Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, please can somebody forcast from my case number when i can be schedule an interview AF38xxx. thanks

Well,it all depends on the time u sent your forms back to KCC otherwise it will be pretty difficult to predict your interview preiod. I would say you put your signature up so that you could be assisted with further questions. Likewise you could visit this site http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html to learn how CNs are made current but from the past years your number would be current in May 2011 if these trends is maintained.You having an interview when your number is current is completely another issue, it really depends on when your forms were returned to KCC. Because a case number like yours being current does not necesarily mean you will get an interview date for that period if your forms werent returned on time. People with higher case numbers than yours who returned their forms immediately, lets say 1-3weeks after getting their first notification and have no problem with their forms would get an interview day earlier than you with a low case number who returned later. Man,the bottom line is get your signature up it would help answer your subsequent questions.
Good luck

mr Njangah thanks for the reply, i received my forms on the 27th of april and it was posted 8 days latter through dhl yaounde. What do you mean when you talk of signature?Regards

mr Njangah thanks for the reply, i received my forms on the 27th of april and it was posted 8 days latter through dhl yaounde. What do you mean when you talk of signature?Regards

Falainwest,

Signature mean dates and information pertaining to the progress of your case number signed below your mail posted in this forum. Look below my mails you will find my signature which carries some basic and fundamental information about my case like,when I got my first notification letter,when I sent the forms back,when I got the second notification letter and so on. So if you are able to creat one for yourself then any question that you may have may be answered depending on the information that you have on signature.Look at my signature to see how I followed the process from start till date.

Cheers

Case Number: 2011AF00038***
NL Dated: April 2010
Sent NL to KCC: 04th may 2010
DHL Confirmation:08th may 2010
KCC Confirmation: 8th juin 2010
2nd NL received:.........
Police report:.......
Medicals: ............
Interview Date:...............
Interview Successful:...........

hi all of you,
I am from cameroon too ,but living in Canada
I gave a call to KCC yesterday morning to check my case status and the agent said: << sir your case is already processed, you have to wait for your case number to be current, I advise you to check the visa bulletin on the 15th of each month >>.
I am terribly anxious cause my case number is so high, I dd not know if i will receive the 2nd letter and a consulate interview. This is an opportunity to realize the american dream, I really do not want to loose it.........some advices please...

Dadadada,

Base on the information on your signature and according to past years trends your interview will be next year by September.What you need to do is just continue with your daily activities next year September wouldnt be far from now:You`ve got enough time to put all the necessary documents together.But dont forget to put everything in God`s hands.

NB:Its not necessary to white wash the forum with the same message. It looks like you`ve been posting the same question over and over.
My advise for you would be that visit all threads in the forum and take ample note of cases that are similar to yours, when your number become current action will be yours.

Good Luck

Njangah,
thanks for your advices, i have to wait patiently. By the way you are almost done, you would be travelling soon to US, how was your interview at the embassy? did your wife and you get the interview separatly or together ? did you find any difficulty collecting the docs ?

Njangah,
thanks for your advices, i have to wait patiently. By the way you are almost done, you would be travelling soon to US, how was your interview at the embassy? did your wife and you get the interview separatly or together ? did you find any difficulty collecting the docs ?

Hi Mr Dadada,

That is what I have been reading that families are interviewed separately.Well! this might be as a result of many reasons;people get married after entrying the lottery,get married after they have been notified of winning while others failed to include their families on the entry and after winning their will emerge. And in addition to that,the way interviews are carried out is completely different from embassy to embassy and from Country to Country,not to talk of Continent to Continent.I have been following cases in Nigeria,Ghana.kenya,Sri Lanka ,Bangladesh and Europe,all these cases have different ways in which questions are asked and also how documents are looked at.But the bottom line is if all your documents are genuined then there is no need for concern.
I had no difficulty gathering my documents.I actually learned a lot from the Ghana forum,there I met people who were real and competent with the whole process and also fitted to my situation.There is one thing that I actually did not respect from all the threads,it is mentioned DV website that if you have stayed in another Country other than your birth country for more than 12 months then a police certificate is needed but what is intepreted is 6 months.I stayed in England for 10 months and did not get any police certificate from there and this wasnt asked at the interview even though I was ready to defend if from their website information it was asked.I actually saved 35 pounds and time had it been I had to stick to what is discussed here. From past years case number I realized that our number would be current in October I had to send for Cameroon Police Certificate about 3 months before October while other documents werent a problem to get.
Concerning the Interview,we were interviewed together with my wife being the main person at the counter while I was standing by her.I had one question during the interview;what will I being in the US? also, I assisted my wife to answer one of her questions that she couldnt translate fast enough from German to English which wasnt a problem to the Lady conducting the interview.And that was it.

Yes,we will be leaving early next year but not sure exactly when.Are you having a family and have stayed somewhere other than your country of birth?

I definitely understand the concern you have with your number, from all indications it will be current.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

I really appreciate the accuracy of the informations provided and the time spent to answer my questions. Our case is quite similar, my wife is the DV winner (the principal applicant). We have been married for 8 years and We have been living in Montreal-Canada for 6 years where she works as a nurse. We lived in Belgium for at least 10 years. We left Cameroon when we were teens. We have a dual citizenship(belgian and canadian). I stayed in US for 2 years as F1 student with a good standing status (no felony.........). After my studies I came back in Montreal last year.But my US visa is still valid until August 2011. We have been visiting US quite often because of its proximity with Canada. If we are lucky enough our interview will be schedule in Montreal. I am particularly anxious about that interview, certainly more questions will be asked to my wife, i am still thinking about the questions the CO may ask me, maybe he may request some details about my staying in US or more...........??? People says that US embassy agents in Montreal are terrible. I am looking for DV winners who were interviewed at Montreal.......

In which US state are planning to stay?

I really appreciate the accuracy of the informations provided and the time spent to answer my questions. Our case is quite similar, my wife is the DV winner (the principal applicant). We have been married for 8 years and We have been living in Montreal-Canada for 6 years where she works as a nurse. We lived in Belgium for at least 10 years. We left Cameroon when we were teens. We have a dual citizenship(belgian and canadian). I stayed in US for 2 years as F1 student with a good standing status (no felony.........). After my studies I came back in Montreal last year.But my US visa is still valid until August 2011. We have been visiting US quite often because of its proximity with Canada. If we are lucky enough our interview will be schedule in Montreal. I am particularly anxious about that interview, certainly more questions will be asked to my wife, i am still thinking about the questions the CO may ask me, maybe he may request some details about my staying in US or more...........??? People says that US embassy agents in Montreal are terrible. I am looking for DV winners who were interviewed at Montreal.......
In which US state are planning to stay?

Definitely they should be someone in Canada & Montreal who`ve had some experience before or others having something similar to your case.It must not necessarily be a Cameroonian. From your information I cant find any obstacle that lies your way. You will make it like any other person with such a number and history. You`ve really travelled and would have to make sure that all documents are ready and authentic because your interview will be in the crucial period of the process (August or September). So you shouldnt be the reason for further processing because any such due to one or two reasons on your part will only go to add more adrenalin to your system.

The embassy agents are just humans like you and I nothing more. They might be terrible in the sense that they want you to defend the documents submitted because all along they`ve been dealing with documents from you,the interview actaully is just a formate for them to meet and know you physically. The only issue I may have concerns for are the type of intimate questions asked in other embassies especially in Africa.

As I earlier said,authentic documents is the key to a smooth interview because in actual fact the interview doesnt last long except there are some question marks somewhere.

Cheers

Hi Njangah,

You are right, we should be fine. Our documents are authentics and ready. We are doing our best to be prepared mentally and hoping God will bless our efforts and determination, we `re just doing what is required. Do we have to wait for 2nd NL before scheduling for Medical examination ? how does it work ?

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 20,900 Except: Egypt 16,000
Ethiopia 13,200
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 13,300
EUROPE 15,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

im a winner of dv 2011 i hve sent my forms to the kcc but the problelm i have now is that i forgot to filled my father date of birth and i wrote my name and case number at the upper righthand on my forms instead of my case number alone what shd i do plse help me