• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Did you send application for form I-765 or I-131 (EAD card, AP card) ?
If yes, Usually, they approve this after the BIO automatically.
If not, Congrats! You just completed the process and you should get the card in couple of days...
Seems that the Detoit FO person that is handling DV cases, assumes that these cases are like regular employment based, and as such, approves them without interview....
Nice.....

and btw: I'm currently holding 1st place in the longest time for waiting for IL...no one can beat me in this.... :(

No Yoni123, I didn't send form I-765 or I-131. Thx, and we are all waiting good new about your case.

Sweet, I'm so happy for you!
I wish I was living in Detroit these days...get approved with no interview after a month and half, buy a house for $5,000....
And thanks for the kind words.

No Yoni123, I didn't send form I-765 or I-131. Thx, and we are all waiting good new about your case.

Yoni,

iam not sure if this piece of information makes any difference of getting an interview before the september 30 deadline. From your and other people's experince it seems that USCIS FO officers dont know about this September 30 deadline... And It seems to that this be the only official piece of information that one can take to USCIS and demand an interview. I found this piece of information listed in a section of the DOS letter that was sent to all of us.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yoni & Hilalff

Iam planing on doing walkin Biometrics before the end of this week...Do you guys advice me to get an infopass and then go do the walkin bio? or just go without an infopass appointment?

Nothing to do with infopass. Just go walk in...find a good excuse...

Yoni & Hilalff

Iam planing on doing walkin Biometrics before the end of this week...Do you guys advice me to get an infopass and then go do the walkin bio? or just go without an infopass appointment?

Yoni & Hilalff

you don't need an infopasss, just show up with a convincing excuse.........

See Hilalff, didn't I tell you, Detroit FO man, they give you GC without interview, congrats and good luck in whatever you pursue!!!!!!

See Hilalff, didn't I tell you, Detroit FO man, they give you GC without interview, congrats and good luck in whatever you pursue!!!!!!

thx EternalHope, It was realy unbelievable....I still can't believe it .........best luck to you..............

Dead wrong.
You don't send the AOS package to field office but to Chicago lockbox.
And you don't wait till you see "CURRENT", you wait till you see your rank number at or below the number that is published for the month.
Lastly, you can send your package as soon as you see the number in the advanced notification.

So that means all of the applicants have to send I-485 packages to Chicago lockbox first, and then who is going to take care of my case? to where? what is about the local field office?

You send you app to chicago lockbox, everything else will be taken care "automatically" for you by USCIS.
Read our forum from page 1 till today.

So that means all of the applicants have to send I-485 packages to Chicago lockbox first, and then who is going to take care of my case? to where? what is about the local field office?

Hi guys,
I have been viewing this forum since last year and thanks all the info. and instruction. Now almost the end of the DV2011, wish the high case candidates will go through the interview!!!
For me pray to god!!!
Question: Since my bio on 8/24 which is too late and I would like to walk-in bio, where should I go USCIS Field Office or Assigned Small USCIS Support Center . a litter confusing here!!
If go USCIS FO sure need an infopass, right?

Just walk-in at the Support Center. From my experience, the ASC in San Jose looked empty. You don't have to mention that you're doing a walk-in, just walk right in with the letter and a photo ID.

Hi guys,
I have been viewing this forum since last year and thanks all the info. and instruction. Now almost the end of the DV2011, wish the high case candidates will go through the interview!!!
For me pray to god!!!
Question: Since my bio on 8/24 which is too late and I would like to walk-in bio, where should I go USCIS Field Office or Assigned Small USCIS Support Center . a litter confusing here!!
If go USCIS FO sure need an infopass, right?

After sending the I-485 package to the Chicago Lockbox, can you determine what field office you want your case to be transferred to? I know that the case is usually transferred to the nearest field office where you live, but what if you want it to be transferred to another office since the process in that office is faster?

Can you mail AOS package on October 1st although your number on Bulettin is listed for November 2011? My Case Number is 2012AS....15XXX and I am trying to do an AOS here in US. When do I expect this number to be current? Also can I switch to CP anytime if I decide to do so and how do I know until when it may still be safe to change from AOS to CP in the process.

Your answer is appriciated.

You can only send your AOS package when you see your number is current on the visa bulletin. When you check the bulletin around August 10th you will see the new cutoff numbers for September, if you see your case number is below the new cutoff number you can send your package on October 1st when the fiscal year for DV-2012 starts. You can only send your package to CHICAGO LOCKBOX, nowhere else, they then sort it and send it to the FO nearest to you. The only way to change FO is to change your own address.

Update

Hey All,
Last night when I cam home I found an envelope in mailbox and guess what!! I received my Green Card :) YAY

It is a good feeling when you reach to the end with you GC in your hands, I hope everyone here experience it.

I would like to thank you all for making this forum as nice and helpful as it is.

Wish you luck with your cases.

joseph230

Sweet man...very happy for you...I wish things move along the same way with you but a little faster as there is only 58 days left!!!!!!

Update:
I just got my interview letter today for September 8th. Hopefully not that late, I’m an F-1 student and the items requested on the interview are: “the interview letter, passport and any documents in your possession, such as border crossing card and I-94. And originals of supporting documents”. I know I need to bring my I-20/ new I-20 from my transfer university, transcript( especially after someone’s experience in the forum during the interview, the FO asked for his transcript) social security, employment authorization card, letter of employment.
Do I need to bring my tax return ? (I have never filled for taxes).
Please let me know if I’m missing something important. Did anyone go to San Antonio for the interview?

Hi there,

In a safe side, bring all original copies of your case related documents and know where you sort them in the file. Transcripts, I-20s (old or news), especially. So, when IO asks for them you know where they are. It happened to me.

Update:
I just got my interview letter today for September 8th. Hopefully not that late, I’m an F-1 student and the items requested on the interview are: “the interview letter, passport and any documents in your possession, such as border crossing card and I-94. And originals of supporting documents”. I know I need to bring my I-20/ new I-20 from my transfer university, transcript( especially after someone’s experience in the forum during the interview, the FO asked for his transcript) social security, employment authorization card, letter of employment.
Do I need to bring my tax return ? (I have never filled for taxes).
Please let me know if I’m missing something important. Did anyone go to San Antonio for the interview?