• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Dimus, Did you forget or did not know the fact that KCC must transfer your file to FO before your case can be adjudicated. But the good thing is that they did take your interview and did not just ask you to come later once the file has arrived in the FO. I think someone in this forum had this issue earlier and had to wait for the second letter. Be calm. I am pretty sure next week you will get a CPO. Good luck!

I just want to add one thing. After a few days, make sure that KCC has transferred file and USCIS has received file. The reason I am saying this because there was a 3 weeks time difference between KCC sends and USCIS receives file. I hope, it should be very fast in your case.

Dimus, Did you forget or did not know the fact that KCC must transfer your file to FO before your case can be adjudicated. But the good thing is that they did take your interview and did not just ask you to come later once the file has arrived in the FO. I think someone in this forum had this issue earlier and had to wait for the second letter. Be calm. I am pretty sure next week you will get a CPO. Good luck!

Thank you, Feel, I think both. I was really busy in April and was getting ready for the interview, so it's slipped from my list. In the same time on the back of my mind I was thinking that why would I have to call or push it. There's a process in place that is suppose to work (and actually it works in most cases). Well, as I know now, it would have been much better to call than to be in my current state. Nobody but us are responsible for our well being and the process. :)
I had some confusion about the file though. I was not sure whether this is my AOS package or something else. As far as I understand now this is a file confirming that I have won a lottery, so there's an established eligibility.

I just want to add one thing. After a few days, make sure that KCC has transferred file and USCIS has received file. The reason I am saying this because there was a 3 weeks time difference between KCC sends and USCIS receives file. I hope, it should be very fast in your case.
Sharminlee,
I've reviewed the google doc file and it shows some examples of cases when the file has not been transfered on time. The maximum period was 40 days, so I guess I should be patient for the other 3 weeks as min.

I've called KCC today and they don't have the request yet. Will call next week to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, your DV application, DSP-122 and DS-230 ( if you filled one), not your AOS package. In your case, it should not take more than a week for you.

Thank you, Feel, I think both. I was really busy in April and was getting ready for the interview, so it's slipped from my list. In the same time on the back of my mind I was thinking that why would I have to call or push it. There's a process in place that is suppose to work (and actually it works in most cases). Well, as I know now, it would have been much better to call than to be in my current state. Nobody but us are responsible for our well being and the process. :)
I had some confusion about the file though. I was not sure whether this is my AOS package or something else. As far as I understand now this is a file confirming that I have won a lottery, so there's an established eligibility.

Thank you for the info, Feel. It all makes sense now. I feel I'm ready to be certified in the DV process and take on another job as an immigration lawyer. :)
I really like your estimate of one week and hope you're right.

Yes, your DV application, DSP-122 and DS-230 ( if you filled one), not your AOS package. In your case, it should not take more than a week for you.

Hey Dimus,
Can you add your details to the spreadsheet.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Thanks..

Sharminlee,
I've reviewed the google doc file and it shows some examples of cases when the file has not been transfered on time. The maximum period was 40 days, so I guess I should be patient for the other 3 weeks as min.

I've called KCC today and they don't have the request yet. Will call next week to check it out.

That is good advice Yoni, but looking at the spreadsheet I see that you have not entered your ASC and FO information either. Could everybody make sure that your ASC/FO information is correct?

sara, just saying Florida is not good enough. You might as well leave it empty.

Why am I harping on this? The script that computes the FO statistics is fairly simple. It uses the name of the ASC/FO as the key using simple string comparisons. If you write it slightly different, it will create multiple entries for that FO. For example, "Miami, FL", "Miami,FL", "Miami FL", "Miami", "MiamiFL", etc. are all considered as distinct strings, so they will generate multiple entries in the statistics page.

Similarly for missing information. An empty ASC or FO field will be categorized as "Other" by the script. However, if you write "-", "n/a" or god knows something else, the script will create separate entries with that string as the key. It is a simple script, not Watson.

Another pet peeve of mine is the recorded biometrics date. My initial plan when I was maintaining a private spreadsheet was to record the actual date of the biometric appointment, as I was trying to understand if there was a correlation between ASC or FO and how long it takes to have your biometrics or interview appointments respectively. If you do a walk-in, that is good information for the forum, but it is not representative of that ASC anymore. It is data pollution. When I noticed the first "walk-in date" recorded in the spreadsheet, I tried to fix it. However, as the person kept changing it back, I realized that it is not worth my time to try and maintain a consistent view of the data. Now, there are many walk-in dates in the spreadsheet. I guess this is the cost of having a publicly maintained spreadsheet.

Sorry for the rant. Now please resume your discussions.

Walk in Bio and KCC File Transferr ?????

Hey All,

Today I got my Bio letter.
I have 2 questions if you guys kindly let me know of your opinion about them.

- As I have seen some people do walk in for Bio. Will this accelerate the process or not? if it does what excuse I can use to have my bio done earlier?

-Bout files being transferred from KCC, when FO requests this transfer? is this after bio, after getting interview letter ? or ...?:confused:

Thank you in advance

Hi Joseph,

There is no real proof or tangible evidence that walk-in bio speeds up the process. However, walk-in bio certainly wouldn't hurt your case. In my case, I had my bio appointment scheduled 2 days after my interview. So I had a justification/excuse for doing it by walk-in.

Normally, the FO will request your KCC files before you receive the interview letter. And it can happen before or after your bio appointment. You should call KCC if you want to know if your file transfer already occured.

Best,

Hey All,

Today I got my Bio letter.
I have 2 questions if you guys kindly let me know of your opinion about them.

- As I have seen some people do walk in for Bio. Will this accelerate the process or not? if it does what excuse I can use to have my bio done earlier?

-Bout files being transferred from KCC, when FO requests this transfer? is this after bio, after getting interview letter ? or ...?:confused:

Thank you in advance

I am sorry for intruding. I jux need some help plss.

Ghanaian student in US who was selected forthe VISA lottery

Hello

Like my title says. I am a Ghanaian presently studying in the US. I heard about the lottery last year and applied while I was in college ( I am in my 2nd year in College in the US). I checked today and found that I am a selectee ( number is AF00021xxx). I really thank GOD. Despite my imperfection He continues to shower HIS GRACE on me. I didn't realize how lucky I was till I checked the number of ppl that applied. This is my first time too.

I started reading the gov website, and am really confused. I however know that I have a process which is slightly different from the normal ( AOS ). I am confused about what I have to do next. Would anyone be kind enough to walk me through the next steps to help me better understand what I am reading on the website.
These are the questions I have;
1) I checked the result online. For DV 2012, are notification letters gonna be sent by mail?
2)Where do I find the DSP-122 form. I can't seem to find it?
3) I don't quite get what being CURRENT means?
4) How much is the DV fee?
5)Does one have to fill both I-485 and I-485 Supplement forms and send the respective fees?
6)Could anyone guess a possible date when my case number becomes current ( AF0021xxx)
Also, I have an internship in Europe for the summer, and get back in August. I am worried that leaving the US might hurt my chances of getting my visa approved, since I plan to fill out DSP - 122 forms and paying DV fee before leaving. But I recall reading somewhere that one is only eligible to apply for for Advance Parole (I-131) if one is concurrently filing it with form I - 485 or has already filled Form I - 485. This means I can go to Europe and get back without any problems. However I jux want to be sure.
7) Do I need to send passport photos with DSP-122?
8) Is form DS-230 mandatory?

Thanx :)

hello. I lost my first i-20, but i do have 3 more i-20s after that. Do i need first for the interview? If yes, what I suppose to do? Thanks

Congrats. Make sure you maintain you legal status and do not go out of status. Answers to your questions:
1 No. you can print the selection letter and barcode from the website if you are selected for DV-2012
2 http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80148.pdf
3 Being current means when your case number is available for a given month in the visa bulletin by the department of state. For DV-2012, this would not be until October 1, 2011. So wait until September 10-15 when they will publish the visa bulletin for October 2011
4 $440 ( if you are doing AOS ) to DOS, and later you have to pay $1070 to USCIS for I-485
5 I think just I-485 in your case read the instructions for who is required to file supplemetal form. You gotto read this forum from page 1 to get better idea.
6 We can only guess and truth is truth. Have patience and check the previous years' bulletin.
7 yes, 2.
8 I would say NO if you are doing AOS but people have sent DS-230 as well for AOS and have been fine. so, read this forum and make decision. I would send both DS-230 and DSP-122 for peace of mind though :) It is up to you.

I am sorry for intruding. I jux need some help plss.

Ghanaian student in US who was selected forthe VISA lottery

Hello

Like my title says. I am a Ghanaian presently studying in the US. I heard about the lottery last year and applied while I was in college ( I am in my 2nd year in College in the US). I checked today and found that I am a selectee ( number is AF00021xxx). I really thank GOD. Despite my imperfection He continues to shower HIS GRACE on me. I didn't realize how lucky I was till I checked the number of ppl that applied. This is my first time too.

I started reading the gov website, and am really confused. I however know that I have a process which is slightly different from the normal ( AOS ). I am confused about what I have to do next. Would anyone be kind enough to walk me through the next steps to help me better understand what I am reading on the website.
These are the questions I have;
1) I checked the result online. For DV 2012, are notification letters gonna be sent by mail?
2)Where do I find the DSP-122 form. I can't seem to find it?
3) I don't quite get what being CURRENT means?
4) How much is the DV fee?
5)Does one have to fill both I-485 and I-485 Supplement forms and send the respective fees?
6)Could anyone guess a possible date when my case number becomes current ( AF0021xxx)
Also, I have an internship in Europe for the summer, and get back in August. I am worried that leaving the US might hurt my chances of getting my visa approved, since I plan to fill out DSP - 122 forms and paying DV fee before leaving. But I recall reading somewhere that one is only eligible to apply for for Advance Parole (I-131) if one is concurrently filing it with form I - 485 or has already filled Form I - 485. This means I can go to Europe and get back without any problems. However I jux want to be sure.
7) Do I need to send passport photos with DSP-122?
8) Is form DS-230 mandatory?

Thanx :)

Thats not a problem. There is no evidence that early walk-in interview expedite the case. Probably you are going to get your interview scheduled for June.

Today I tried Walk-in for bio but they did not admit me:(
Seems I have to wait till my appointment day :|

Medical Exam Envelope for Interview Day

Hi all,
On my interview appointment letter, medical examination form in a sealed envelope is one of the required documents to bring to the interview. But, the doctor only gave me one envelope which I submitted with my AOS application package. Do I need to get a copy from him and bring it in to the interview?
Thanks so much in advance for the inputs.

Hello people. I had my interview yesterday but no CPO update yet online. Most people here received their CPO status updates almost immediately so Im wondering what the status of my case is now. Does anyone have any info on when the CPO gets updated in the system.

In a few days, hopefully. Just hang in there!

Hello friends,

as you can see on my signature, I received my welcome letter Saturday, as well as my husband's BIO appointment notice. My case is almost over, I am following my husband's case since we filed mine in January and his in march. KCC didn't accept it and sent us more than a month later a notice of rejection based on the fact that they didn't understand under "what" we were filing this AOS. Our lawyer sent a letter with detailed explanation regarding the DV case. We got the notices and the BIO appointment. Just waiting for him to get to the CPO stage. Can't wait..

For everyone else waiting for CPO, just be patient, unless there is something bad you did , if you went to the interview and they don't deny you, then you should be ok. it will be a matter of a few days or weeks. It is worth the wait.
Good luck to the ones having interviews this week.

Don't worry too much about it. As you already submitted the report, you don't need to bring it again during interview.

Btw. Can you add your details in the signature and also in the spreadsheet https://spreadsheets0.google.com/sp...Zoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0 ?

Hi all,
On my interview appointment letter, medical examination form in a sealed envelope is one of the required documents to bring to the interview. But, the doctor only gave me one envelope which I submitted with my AOS application package. Do I need to get a copy from him and bring it in to the interview?
Thanks so much in advance for the inputs.