• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

DV 2012 results...

The 2012 results will be out in a few days (May 1st) no more exciting letters for the next set of winners, everything will be online.
The strange this about that is for some of us the online status check said "you have NOT BEEN SELECTED" even though we got the letters. Hope they've fixed the issue since it's all online now; the cycle continues. Good luck to those who just got their Green Cards! If you haven't, don't fret there's still 5 months left. Time to hustle though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had my interview at 1:30pm today. I think I waited for about 30-45 minutes for someone to call me. (These people sure know how to make you wait). The whole process probably did not take all of 15 minutes. I was asked for a copy of my birth certificate and I-20s and she asked what I was majoring in for my Master's and my parent's names. After which she flowed straight into the Yes/No questions. She then said she saw no problems with my application and she would forward it to her supervisor to sign off on before the end of the day. I guess I am now waiting for the online update. Does anyone know the timeframe for the CPO update?

How do you know when KCC sending our file to FO

My FO is in Atlanta as well . May I Know how do you find out when KCC sending our file to field office. My number is AS42xxx, it is high case number.
I have requested to do CP earlier but will like to do AOS if it is possible. My number will probably become current on August or September.

Thanks for advise!
Francis

I have heard that USCIS recently started sending EAD and green card via USPS Priority Mail with tracking. Queenslurker and others who already received their GC, could you confirm this? Thanks

Yes Feel, our card came that way and the EAD later.

I have heard that USCIS recently started sending EAD and green card via USPS Priority Mail with tracking. Queenslurker and others who already received their GC, could you confirm this? Thanks

Yup. Both my EAD and Green Card came via USPS Priority Mail.

Our Interview
My husband and I were interviewed together on the 26th. The whole interview lasted about 25-30 minutes. As Goodfellas stated, the interviewer was a nice lady. After swearing and answering the yes and no questions, her next question was ‘which one of you won the lottery’? she then took our I-20s, marriage certificate and copies of our educational certificates including those from our native country. She asked for the birth certificates of our two children but we did not have them with us. Because they were born here in the USA we never thought they would ask for their birth certs. She did not ask for our birth certificates and neither did she ask for employment letters and financial support. Finally, she took our passports and removed our I-94s. She told us immigrant numbers were available and that she will approve later if she was sure nothing else was needed. Fingers crossed, no CPO text yet.

For those of you with children, do take along their birth certificates to your interview (even if they were born here), in case they ask for it.

HI guys, today i had my interview. it only lasted 15-20 minutes. the officer made me swear...then she asked me yes/no questions. she also asked me questions from my I-485 form. than she asked me if i ever been back since i arrived to The U.S., asked my my original birth certificate, letter of employment, my ID, my passport. after all she said that everything looks fine and she will be reviewing all my document again later. and if she needs something else she would call me this evening. and if dont get a call from her, i will be receiving my card in 3 to 6 weeks. when i arrived to my house, i checked my status online and it already was CPO. Thank you guys a lot, this forum realle really helped me a lot, and i wish a good luck to everyone in this forum. hope you guys enjoy your time))))

Hello people. I had my interview yesterday but no CPO update yet online. Most people here received their CPO status updates almost immediately so Im wondering what the status of my case is now. Does anyone have any info on when the CPO gets updated in the system.

Baobab got his CPO after about a month. Many got theirs the same day they had their interviews. Others waited from few days to couple of weeks. So, I think it all depends upon the IO and the FO. This week might be it for you.

Hello people. I had my interview yesterday but no CPO update yet online. Most people here received their CPO status updates almost immediately so Im wondering what the status of my case is now. Does anyone have any info on when the CPO gets updated in the system.

It was 40 days for lurker. Thats the maximum, I have seen ever.

Baobab got his CPO after about a month. Many got theirs the same day they had their interviews. Others waited from few days to couple of weeks. So, I think it all depends upon the IO and the FO. This week might be it for you.

Interview Experience

I had my interview today at 7:15 a.m. We came round 7:14 a.m. and were almost immediately invited to the room. The officer made as swear and we took our seats. The officer was polite and that made the interview really an easy step. He checked out our passports, made copies of the birth and marriage certificates. Nothing else was required.
He went through our I-485s and checked our names and asked Yes/No questions. He said our files are clean and he would request visa numbers today after the approval from the supervisor. He took our I-94s and EAD cards saying it would save us a trip to FO to return EADs.
Overall, it took 30 minutes for us and we were on our way home.

This is where my luck ends…

2 hours passed by and I got a call from the officer. He said that there’s a problem – my file has never been sent to or from KCC (I’m not quite sure this process step) and that my family won’t be able to travel in June since getting the file would certainly take more than a month. He assured there’s nothing I need to do from my side. I was totally disappointed. He asked to come back and get my I-94s and EADs.
Well, I met the officer again couple hours later and took I-94s and EADs back. He explained me in more details that he’s ordered to send a request for my file to KCC and that I wouldn’t be able to leave US since my application is pending. Only then I realized that I know more about the process than he does. He was holding EAD cards in his hands with the Advance Parole note on them and saying I can’t leave the country w/o permission. I’ve repeated again that I ALREADY have Advance parole and he just murmured something back mentioning that I should be careful with leaving the country while my application is pending…

I called KCC right after the call from the office and sure, no request has ever being made.

I really hope that the officer has already sent a request to KCC and it should not take more than a week for KCC to follow up. Now I will call KCC every day to find out if they have a request and if they send the file back.

I’m totally disappointed and frustrated with this step as it shows how it’s easy to break the process steps.

Here’re my overall comments and recommendations:
1. Bring all of the documents that you have, old and current. You can’t afford to be underprepared, so be prepared for any document. I even prepared I-134 (Affidavit of Support) for my spouse even though I know it’s not required.
2. Before the interview, please call KCC to make sure they’ve received a request from the FO. If not, don’t be afraid to send a letter by mail to FO asking to send this request. The bare minimum would be to call KCC and ask if they’ve been requested the file. In this case you can ask about this on the interview.
3. Forgot to mention that it's always a good idea to apply for EAD and Advance Parole since you never know when you may need them. It's free with 485 form, so take it.

Please ask me any questions you may have and I would be happy to answer if I can.

Thank you and hope your post-interview experience would not be the same as mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the good news is that the delay is just procedural and you have plenty of time.
It will probably take 2 weeks.
What is your FO? btw: I wonder how/why they forgot to order/request the file from KCC?
Also, I'm shocked a government office is open and providing service at 7:15AM!!!
Is that correct? or typo...

I had my interview today at 7:15 a.m. We came round 7:14 a.m. and were almost immediately invited to the room. The officer made as swear and we took our seats. The officer was polite and that made the interview really an easy step. He checked out our passports, made copies of the birth and marriage certificates. Nothing else was required.
He went through our I-485s and checked our names and asked Yes/No questions. He said our files are clean and he would request visa numbers today after the approval from the supervisor. He took our I-94s and EAD cards saying it would save us a trip to FO to return EADs.
Overall, it took 30 minutes for us and we were on our way home.

This is where my luck ends…

2 hours passed by and I got a call from the officer. He said that there’s a problem – my file has never been sent to or from KCC (I’m not quite sure this process step) and that my family won’t be able to travel in June since getting the file would certainly take more than a month. He assured there’s nothing I need to do from my side. I was totally disappointed. He asked to come back and get my I-94s and EADs.
Well, I met the officer again couple hours later and took I-94s and EADs back. He explained me in more details that he’s ordered to send a request for my file to KCC and that I wouldn’t be able to leave US since my application is pending. Only then I realized that I know more about the process than he does. He was holding EAD cards in his hands with the Advance Parole note on them and saying I can’t leave the country w/o permission. I’ve repeated again that I ALREADY have Advance parole and he just murmured something back mentioning that I should be careful with leaving the country while my application is pending…

I called KCC right after the call from the office and sure, no request has ever being made.

I really hope that the officer has already sent a request to KCC and it should not take more than a week for KCC to follow up. Now I will call KCC every day to find out if they have a request and if they send the file back.

I’m totally disappointed and frustrated with this step as it shows how it’s easy to break the process steps.

Here’re my overall comments and recommendations:
1. Bring all of the documents that you have, old and current. You can’t afford to be underprepared, so be prepared for any document. I even prepared I-134 (Affidavit of Support) for my spouse even though I know it’s not required.
2. Before the interview, please call KCC to make sure they’ve received a request from the FO. If not, don’t be afraid to send a letter by mail to FO asking to send this request. The bare minimum would be to call KCC and ask if they’ve been requested the file. In this case you can ask about this on the interview.
3. Forgot to mention that it's always a good idea to apply for EAD and Advance Parole since you never know when you may need them. It's free with 485 form, so take it.

Please ask me any questions you may have and I would be happy to answer if I can.

Thank you and hope your post-interview experience would not be the same as mine.

Thank you, Yoni123.

The FO was open at 7 a.m. and yes, our appointment was at 7:15 a.m. We had to wake up at 5 a.m.:)
Our FO is in LA.

My guess is that the person who reviewed the file did not know about the DV process and this is the reason for this delay.

Well, the good news is that the delay is just procedural and you have plenty of time.
It will probably take 2 weeks.
What is your FO? btw: I wonder how/why they forgot to order/request the file from KCC?
Also, I'm shocked a government office is open and providing service at 7:15AM!!!
Is that correct? or typo...