• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

As many have said before, it is always good to come in with a I-134 in the bag...if any question arises, then pull it out.
Otherwise, bring any doc from your job.

Thanks Yoni. It also looks generic to me. Are you going to show any financial document, when your turn comes up?

You have to bring the I-134. In November, I received a Request for Evidence that said I needed to send them a I-864. When I got to my interview, last week, my officer said I sent the wrong form. She said I needed the I-134. Luckily I knew something like that would happen, so I brought a I-134 with me in my bag.

As many have said before, it is always good to come in with a I-134 in the bag...if any question arises, then pull it out.
Otherwise, bring any doc from your job.

Queenslurker, smart move, thanks for sharing this...
You have to bring the I-134. In November, I received a Request for Evidence that said I needed to send them a I-864. When I got to my interview, last week, my officer said I sent the wrong form. She said I needed the I-134. Luckily I knew something like that would happen, so I brought a I-134 with me in my bag.

That's less than 2 weeks wait, so I dont think that a walk-in would change things. Have patience and go when you were appointed .

I got the bio letter for 5/9/2011.How can I choose to do walk-in biometrics ?Will it if expedite the process.?

Hey sararaquel,
Can you add you signature and your info in the spreadsheet for you benefit and the benefit of others.
Thanks..

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

I also don't think it is worth to get there sooner than the appointment, it is not that it is September, you know...and it is 2 weeks away.

I got the bio letter for 5/9/2011.How can I choose to do walk-in biometrics ?Will it if expedite the process.?

CPO today : received the e-mail from USCIS at 10: 25 am . Thanks for the support, Sharminlee. And Natta see what the bunny did? Lol. Happy belated easter to all.
So I guess I should get it in a few days?

Congratulations. Have fun!

CPO today : received the e-mail from USCIS at 10: 25 am . Thanks for the support, Sharminlee. And Natta see what the bunny did? Lol. Happy belated easter to all.

I guess you were very good this year if the bunny brought you such a nice easter gift. Congrats :)

Happy Easter

Hello and late Happy Easter,

one "lucky" winner reporting in. I've been getting tons of useful information from this forum so I felt compelled to do my part and report in.
I am joining the race late because US Mail never delivered our NL - :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
We live (myself, wife and kid) in Boston suburbs so I guess our FO will be Boston which doesn’t rank well in speed and I am not very patient person. But hopefully sooner than later we will see green.
I’ve been reading the forum for about a month now and I managed to read the first 2 pages and the last 15. I will try to catch up.

We are from Bulgaria and naturally BGC vaccinated. My wife and I are negative on TST (PPD) but our son under 5 was positive in 2007. We had to do chest Xray (again). Ever since we came here 4 years ago various doctors/pediatricians want to do harm to our kid. We didn’t let them except for Xray before and now. Doctors follow instructions. Educate yourself and show them printouts of CDC articles on TST and BGC. Nowadays IGRA is accepted (unless your kid is under 5). Here in Boston area you can do the IGRA test in Lahey Clinic in Burlington. Don’t let them push you around.
Also read the civil surgeons instructions on CDC website. Again - Don’t let them push you around. Be prepared. I had a print out of the TB table showing that the surgeon should clear us for USCIS in case there was a problem. Instructions clearly state that only one TB test should be performed and chest ray if test is positive. The you are clear unless the chest xray shows something.

As you can see in my neatly prepared signature today I’ve received 3 SMSs exactly when I was least expecting them. (And that sort’a prompted me to finally post). Otherwise ever since Friday and all Easter weekend I’ve been checking my phone and mail every 30sec.:)

Welcome to the forum. How did you get your 1NL from KCC then? Did they mailed you again? Yes, dig in through this forum, I am sure your every questions will be answered.

one "lucky" winner reporting in. I've been getting tons of useful information from this forum so I felt compelled to do my part and report in.
I am joining the race late because US Mail never delivered our NL - :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
We live (myself, wife and kid) in Boston suburbs so I guess our FO will be Boston which doesn’t rank well in speed and I am not very patient person. But hopefully sooner than later we will see green.
I’ve been reading the forum for about a month now and I managed to read the first 2 pages and the last 15. I will try to catch up.

We are from Bulgaria and naturally BGC vaccinated. My wife and I are negative on TST (PPD) but our son under 5 was positive in 2007. We had to do chest Xray (again). Ever since we came here 4 years ago various doctors/pediatricians want to do harm to our kid. We didn’t let them except for Xray before and now. Doctors follow instructions. Educate yourself and show them printouts of CDC articles on TST and BGC. Nowadays IGRA is accepted (unless your kid is under 5). Here in Boston area you can do the IGRA test in Lahey Clinic in Burlington. Don’t let them push you around.
Also read the civil surgeons instructions on CDC website. Again - Don’t let them push you around. Be prepared. I had a print out of the TB table showing that the surgeon should clear us for USCIS in case there was a problem. Instructions clearly state that only one TB test should be performed and chest ray if test is positive. The you are clear unless the chest xray shows something.

As you can see in my neatly prepared signature today I’ve received 3 SMSs exactly when I was least expecting them. (And that sort’a prompted me to finally post). Otherwise ever since Friday and all Easter weekend I’ve been checking my phone and mail every 30sec.:)

Welcome to the forum. How did you get your 1NL from KCC then? Did they mailed you again? Yes, dig in through this forum, I am sure your every questions will be answered.

I emailed them the very minute I read the online check instructions. I had to rub my eyes couple of times and was pretty sure this was a glitch in the system because I have checked before and I wasn't selected. I think I read somewhere here someone stated that once you are not selected - you are not selected. And that's what I believed. That's why from July 2010 till 26 March 2011 I haven't checked, I've got it the first time - NOT selected, now go away.
It took me almost a week emailing, calling KCC to get them to send me the 1st NL over email. It is the same email in the DV entry so after establishing my identity they sent me the 1st NL over email.
Actually (as any customer support call center nowadays) some of the KCC people are very helpful others you just better hang up on and redial.

My (company paid) attorneys were about to file H1B for me and needed something and while I was in my archive I saw the dv lottery confirmation numbers and decided to see if dv 2012 will work - dv 2010 didn't work nor 2012, it only accepts 2011. And there was the biggest surprise for me a green card in the rough waiting to be claimed! Well, I am in the process of claiming it now!

Congrats, impresive, never give up and you never know where the good news come from. Good luck in the process, you still have time to get the cards for your familly. Keep us posted and ask questions if you need any help.

I emailed them the very minute I read the online check instructions. I had to rub my eyes couple of times and was pretty sure this was a glitch in the system because I have checked before and I wasn't selected. I think I read somewhere here someone stated that once you are not selected - you are not selected. And that's what I believed. That's why from July 2010 till 26 March 2011 I haven't checked, I've got it the first time - NOT selected, now go away.
It took me almost a week emailing, calling KCC to get them to send me the 1st NL over email. It is the same email in the DV entry so after establishing my identity they sent me the 1st NL over email.
Actually (as any customer support call center nowadays) some of the KCC people are very helpful others you just better hang up on and redial.

My (company paid) attorneys were about to file H1B for me and needed something and while I was in my archive I saw the dv lottery confirmation numbers and decided to see if dv 2012 will work - dv 2010 didn't work nor 2012, it only accepts 2011. And there was the biggest surprise for me a green card in the rough waiting to be claimed! Well, I am in the process of claiming it now!

Welcome to forum. I also faced similar situation like you. I never got my 1st NL. After sending my documents to KCC, they sent me 2nd NL after 2.5 month. Therefore, I sent my AOS package in Feb, even though I was current in Dec. As your case is very low, may be USCIS will give you some priority for processing. Best of luck.

It's great that you were hopeful enough to get to this stage. Sometimes, they lose correspondence, or the envelope comes back to them even though you gave them the right address. That's what the officer told me at my interview. They sent my first interview letter to an old address and it was sent back to them so instead of having it in March I ended up having it in April. But it's fine now.

Good luck and for the BCG we have that too, but my kid was just born last year and in the US so we didn't have to go through all of that nonsense. They do push you around if you're not informed which is sad. Thanks for the tips, they will help someone else I'm pretty sure.