• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

1. File Number means your current A number. It is on your OPT card. XXX-XXX-XXX
2 Yes. If needed add an additional sheet of paper and write "Please see attached additional sheet" on the Form.

Make sure you use G-325A Form.

For the G-325 Form,
1) do I need to write anything for "File Number" on the top right corner ?
2)Should I write every address even through I stay there less then 2 months period? (Applicant's residence last five years)

Thank you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much natta, zahidal, ssj1, and leynabee.

zahidal congratulation for your GCs too. It is a great feeling isn't it? No more visas, no more restrictions (almost).

goodfellas, it is great that you got your interview letter. Congratulation.

Guys,
The government shutdown is looming...and if nothing is done, most non essential government offices would be shut down.
Now, I know that USCIS is funded by fees they charge us... and not tax payers, which is a good thing. I still have a feeling that it will be shutdown and major delays will ensue...
What do you guys think?

I am also really worried that it will create a big delay in our case processing. I hope that would not happen.

Guys,
The government shutdown is looming...and if nothing is done, most non essential government offices would be shut down.
Now, I know that USCIS is funded by fees they charge us... and not tax payers, which is a good thing. I still have a feeling that it will be shutdown and major delays will ensue...
What do you guys think?

I can't find any info for the USCIS shutdown but certainly it can be affected.
Guys,
What do you guys think?

Hi guys,

I am finalizing my AOS application and I have a couple of questions. I am planning to submit I-765 form as well. Do I need to pay a separate fee for this? Also, what do I put in the eligibility category for this form? I am currently on F-1 visa and graduating in August.

This government shut down is crazy! ( I am following it for the entire week now) I am starting to think that we are better off going back to our home countries!! ha ha ha ha (just a joke)
This is what I saw in a post in the family base forum:
I just spoke with the USCIS media representative (posed as reporter for local paper here in Hawaii since many of us have to fly over). If there is a government shutdown offices will remain open for interviews, biometrics, etc., because it is fee based. However, other services that involve other government agencies such as background checks, e-verify for employers will not be available.

Very happy about the fact that office will be open as Natz interview/test appointment on Thursday, April 14.

I am also curious. It has already been a significant time, my case is transferred to my FO.

Guys,
If KCC has transferred your file to FO does that mean that your application is at the FO waiting for the interview schedule? I am curious...:)

Congrats Mista, enjoy it..

We got our cards today.
As natta and others said, it is a great feeling and I cannot express my feelings.
It was so exciting to open the envelopes and see the cards were there.
It is hard to believe that we actually got them.
Good bye my f1. Welcome freedom.
Again thank you all of you guys and I hope all of you get your GCs soon.

I read and re-read your comment and really don't know what to say. First of all, I didn't really understand why you guys didn't just send both of the AOS packages together? Second, if you are the winner and your spouse is you dependent, than I am not sure if the spouse can apply latter as you guys have to apply both together and you are runnig out of time, regarding stepdaughter in the home country, have no idea how it works with that. From what I understood, your spouse did not apply with you as the H4 visa wasn't renewed yet. This was the case of my husband, his J1 expired 9/11/11, we applied in July 2011 for a B2 visa, but did not wait for that, we sent the AOS package on October 1st as we were current in October, even though his B2 got denied in December 2011, we were already pending under AOS and had the interview together in January. As I see you are already scheduled for and interview next week, your spouse can not join you for the interview as there wasn't sent an Aos package and no paperwork were processed. I hope your lawyer knows what he's doing. Good luck

Congrats to Mista too! Enjoy being green.

I have a question, and natta you made a brief comment regarding that.
I filed my I-485 before my husbands and received answers and notifications within acceptable if not great timeframe. My interview is next week as you can see on my signature.
My husband was waiting for his H-4 to be renewed which we got in March, and we filed his on March 11th (The AOS) so it's been almost a month. Now, we still haven't received any notification or receipts, and my check is still not cashed. What should we do? Is this normal?
Mind you, according to our lawyer, we may be able to have the interview at the same time (he spoke with the officer because of the fact that they thought that my stepdaughter was living in the US and I was missing the DV fee for her; We told them that she was going to apply for an immigrant visa from home and is still in school there.). So now I'm a little worried knowing that I would have loved having both interviews done at the same time. I guess the only thing I can do is wait and see.

Thanks all for you input.
Leynabee

No other fee. The I765 is "free" if you file the I485.
You are eligible under C-9 . (pending AOS application)

Hi guys,

I am finalizing my AOS application and I have a couple of questions. I am planning to submit I-765 form as well. Do I need to pay a separate fee for this? Also, what do I put in the eligibility category for this form? I am currently on F-1 visa and graduating in August.

But KCC and DOS are government entities that will be shut down...So no files will be transferred to FO...

This whole government shutdown is a joke. If that happens, both Congress (house and senate) and the president should turn over the keys and quit. Let some other good people the power to fix this country.

This government shut down is crazy! ( I am following it for the entire week now) I am starting to think that we are better off going back to our home countries!! ha ha ha ha (just a joke)
This is what I saw in a post in the family base forum:
I just spoke with the USCIS media representative (posed as reporter for local paper here in Hawaii since many of us have to fly over). If there is a government shutdown offices will remain open for interviews, biometrics, etc., because it is fee based. However, other services that involve other government agencies such as background checks, e-verify for employers will not be available.

Very happy about the fact that office will be open as Natz interview/test appointment on Thursday, April 14.