• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey baobab, haven't seen you around forever, how is everything. I remember the case of Capeolive from last year that did that, but it took a lot of work and effort from his side in order to be succesful and time of course.

She can go to interview separately but only after your case is approved and they forward the approval to Warsaw. It is called a follow to join process.

Considering that your case number is high, you would not have much time left for such an approach, especially if they screw up and fail to transfer your file to the US embassy in Warsaw immediately. This happened to somebody last year, but they had a bit more time so the process ended well.

Is your wife living in US currently? If that is the case, I think the best option for you is to do AOS together in US. I notice that you already paid the DV fee for both of you. You should be aware that there is a name check process for AOS cases as well.

She can go to interview separately but only after your case is approved and they forward the approval to Warsaw. It is called a follow to join process.

Considering that your case number is high, you would not have much time left for such an approach, especially if they screw up and fail to transfer your file to the US embassy in Warsaw immediately. This happened to somebody last year, but they had a bit more time so the process ended well.

Is your wife living in US currently? If that is the case, I think the best option for you is to do AOS together in US. I notice that you already paid the DV fee for both of you. You should be aware that there is a name check process for AOS cases as well.

thanks everyone,
yes my wife is in the US and i know that they do name check for AOS..... I think as you said i will do AOS and I hope that this year will be like 2009 when ASIA was current in July.
In this case do i send my wife and my I-485 in one envelope or it got to be separate envelops?

you have to send two separate sets of paperwork, with the list that was posted in the forum many times, but you have to send both sets in one envelope as your wife has no base to apply without your application, and in your case you have to do everuthing perfect as you don't have room for mistakes or time to corect mistakes. read and re-read the forum so you are informed on how to fill the application and what you need to send. good luck

thanks everyone,
yes my wife is in the US and i know that they do name check for AOS..... I think as you said i will do AOS and I hope that this year will be like 2009 when ASIA was current in July.
In this case do i send my wife and my I-485 in one envelope or it got to be separate envelops?

you have to send two separate sets of paperwork, with the list that was posted in the forum many times, but you have to send both sets in one envelope as your wife has no base to apply without your application, and in your case you have to do everuthing perfect as you don't have room for mistakes or time to corect mistakes. read and re-read the forum so you are informed on how to fill the application and what you need to send. good luck

Thanks Natta, wish me luck........ wish me luck....

Hi guys! I Checked today ESC and it says

Dear Selectee,

Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.

If you have not yet received your selectee letter, please do not contact KCC until after August 1, 2010. International mail delivery delays of one month or more are normal. KCC will not respond to questions they receive before August 1, 2010 regarding non-receipt of selectee letters. If you still have not received your selectee letter by August 1, 2010, however, you may contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov.

But I didn't received any mail yet! Do you think that it is just an error or maybe I won and my letter just lost on its way???
Thanks for answers.

Hi gutuvictor;
We did not receive the 1st letter either.
Call KCC and send the required document as soon as possible otherwise it might be too late. The Kentucky Consular Center telephone number is 606-526-7500 (7:30am until 4:00pm EST), or send E-mail inquiry to KCCDV@state.gov. But I prefer to call since sometimes it takes 2 weeks or more to get reply from KCC.
You need to send required documents to KCC in order to learn your case number. Without your case number you cannot do anything.

Good luck.

Dear Selectee,
Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.

Hi, I did not receive any letter from KCC, even though I am a selectee. I sent DSP-122 and photographs and in response they sent me NL2 with my case number. If you are outside of US, then you also need to submit DS-230.

So, don't wait for any letter from KCC. There are lots of missing letters every year.

Dear Selectee,

If you have not yet received your selectee letter, please do not contact KCC until after August 1, 2010. International mail delivery delays of one month or more are normal. KCC will not respond to questions they receive before August 1, 2010 regarding non-receipt of selectee letters. If you still have not received your selectee letter by August 1, 2010, however, you may contact KCC by email at kccdv@state.gov.

But I didn't received any mail yet! Do you think that it is just an error or maybe I won and my letter just lost on its way???
Thanks for answers.

First thing I would like to suggest is to send Form DSP-122 and 2 photographs as soon as you can. See the link below for the Form and the mailing address.
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4759.html
By the way, are you in USA?

Dear Selectee,

Thanks for answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
i received today my case number they said to send papers to them but i'm afraid that i will not manage to 30sept 2011? i have tourist visa so i can go to usa and apply directly in usa?its should be faster right????thanks for answers

What is your rank number/case number. Feel free to provide that in the form of 16xxx 35xxx, etc.
It will be a mistake by you coming in here with a B (tourist) visa and applying for AOS. When you enter US with B, you sign that you are not intending to immigrate....
Also, AOS is almost never faster than CP....
If i were you, I would do CP (consular processing ) at Chisinau/Kishinev.
You have very good odds to get your interview before sep 30th 2011...

i received today my case number they said to send papers to them but i'm afraid that i will not manage to 30sept 2011? i have tourist visa so i can go to usa and apply directly in usa?its should be faster right????thanks for answers

Did they email you? Yes, send them paperworks they told you to mail as soon as you can. You can surely complete the process by Sep 2011. There are still many waiting for their case number to be current in the visa bulletin. You need to decide whether you want to pursue AOS in USA or do consular processing at your home country at the earliest. Its your call. But like Yoni said I would go for CP.

I sent all the documents and the payments to UsCIS 3 weeks ago.I did not received yet the mms or the email from USCIS and they have not cash the check yet.I call to KCC today and they told me that The UCIS have not requested from them my document for the interview.I am in Florida and I am International student.I will wait another week.What Have I to do?This is normal.

The bottom line of the discussion is this. There is always a possibility (NOT always) that IO might ask for it during an interview irrespective of how much you earn. So it is always good to have one if possible. Better to be safe than sorry. You might loose your precious time. But you do not need to send it along with your AoS packet.
Hi guys,
Can you tell me where in the forum affidavit of support have been discussed? thanks

Hi sararaquel:
Sorry to hear that your application is not processed yet. I have a suggestions for you:
If 30 days have passed and you still do not receive the acceptance email/text, call USCIS customer care service at 800-375-5283 and raise a service request.

I sent all the documents and the payments to UsC

IS 3 weeks ago.I did not received yet the mms or the email from USCIS and they have not cash the check yet.I call to KCC today and they told me that The UCIS have not requested from them my document for the interview.I am in Florida and I am International student.I will wait another week.What Have I to do?This is normal.