• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey, I need a help here about sending the documents to Chicago. Is it ok to send unofficial college trascript copies for AOS to Chicago or they need copies of official college transcript. I will be having my hard copies by the time of interview.

Hi all,
Is there a list of required documents for proof of financial support/salary, etc.? Are we required to include federal tax returns in additon to W-2?
Thanks.

Thanks TX1408 for the info.

My lawyer is Judith G Cooper. They've been pretty good so far. As far as the walk-in, I just went there before it opened and got in line. When I showed them my letter, they asked me to go and talk to the manager who asked me to wait and maybe she'd be able to let me through if there is space. I was done within 40 minutes. I did have all the paperwork showing that I would be out of the country the day of my scheduled appointment though.

I hope this helps.

The answer is in this post from Izzy:

FYI: Name Check Status after Biometrics

FYI:

Those wanting to know if their name check cleared:
1. Call FBI National Name Check Customer Service @ 304-625-5590.
2. Select option 2 (for individual), then option 2 (Name Check for Immigration Status), then it will give you brief internet details and then it will provide you with the option to repeat the options, go back to main menu or speak with a rep., select speak with a rep. and wait to be connected.
3. NOTE: THEY ARE NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR NAME CHECK STATUS, THEY WILL ONLY TELL YOU WHEN IT WAS RECEIVED FROM USCIS AND WHEN (IF) IT WAS RETURNED TO USCIS.
4. Be very polite, don't push if you can't get an answer and try another time. Give your name (as a courtesy) and say you want to check the status of your finger print. They will ask you when you submitted the request. Tell them that it is for Green Card. They will then ask you for your A# (the one on your NOAs). They will only tell you when it was received and when it was returned (possibly cleared as any issues with name check can take weeks/months before it is returned to USCIS with "No Record" result).

This info is only to help those who are curious to know if their name check cleared. Good Luck!

Thank you very much Lucky,

I just called them and the lady I spoke to told me it was completed and sent back to USCIS. Do you know if they send it directly to my FO?

Hello Everyone!

I received the NOA letter and Biometrics Letter today. The curious thing is my biometrics date is one week ahead of my husband's...
According to previous experiences, I'm not going to do info pass. Do you suggest to do walk-in biometrics on my date (the first one)?

Thank you for your feedback!

My bio appointment date is different from my spouse but personally I don't see the need to do any walk-ins. There should be a good reason for doing walk-ins, otherwise why stress yourself and other people. :)
Hello Everyone!

I received the NOA letter and Biometrics Letter today. The curious thing is my biometrics date is one week ahead of my husband's...
According to previous experiences, I'm not going to do info pass. Do you suggest to do walk-in biometrics on my date (the first one)?

Thank you for your feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
15 days and NO acceptance email/text yet. No rejection as well....I wonder what should I do? Let me know, guys.

@ Dimus: Thank you for your answer. The reason is I live in a City far from the FO in Charleston. I thought the day we go for mine, maybe we can ask to do my husband's at the same time.

@ Feel: Please don't worry. Your are still below the maximum days gap in our timeline (22 days). I don't have idea if this is possible in US....: contact USPS and ask if they have any mail pending at your name...just a suggestion, I never did it, but maybe they can check in the system. On the other hand, the acceptance step definition, says: "If you do not receive your notice within 30 days of mailing your application, please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"
So, please don't worry.

Celinita, Congrats for getting the bio letter. I am pretty sure they will let your husband in on your biometrics appointment day. Even if they don't, it is not a big issue except for the fact that you have to travel twice to the ASC !! ...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Celinita,

Sure, it makes total sense. For me it's only 20 min., so no need to try.
Good luck and I'm pretty sure they let you do it on the same day.

@ Dimus: Thank you for your answer. The reason is I live in a City far from the FO in Charleston. I thought the day we go for mine, maybe we can ask to do my husband's at the same time.

@ Feel: Please don't worry. Your are still below the maximum days gap in our timeline (22 days). I don't have idea if this is possible in US....: contact USPS and ask if they have any mail pending at your name...just a suggestion, I never did it, but maybe they can check in the system. On the other hand, the acceptance step definition, says: "If you do not receive your notice within 30 days of mailing your application, please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"
So, please don't worry.

Quick Q:

When I applied for the DV, my application was as single. I have since married, and we are both in the US on proper status. When I submit my DOS fee, should I submit $440x2 = $880, or is it just $440 since it was just one person on the original application?

We're doing AOS for both person with the USCIS, so I'm thinking I should lean towards the $880. Is that correct?

You are correct. By the way did you inform KCC about your marriage?

Quick Q:

When I applied for the DV, my application was as single. I have since married, and we are both in the US on proper status. When I submit my DOS fee, should I submit $440x2 = $880, or is it just $440 since it was just one person on the original application?

We're doing AOS for both person with the USCIS, so I'm thinking I should lean towards the $880. Is that correct?

You are correct. By the way did you inform KCC about your marriage?

No, I guess I'm suppose to? There isn't much (actually any) instructions on USCIS or the DV websites that explains what to do in my case. I assume I just follow the normal steps, but just submit the additional AOS application along with the requisite proof (ie marriage certificate).

Do you know the instructions to inform them, or have a link for it?

I recall seeing in this forum (not in this specific thread) where someone mentioned they knew some people that even got married a couple of weeks prior to their interview. There is no way they can inform the proper agency within that 2 weeks can they?

Why don't you call or email KCC and know about the procedure?

No, I guess I'm suppose to? There isn't much (actually any) instructions on USCIS or the DV websites that explains what to do in my case. I assume I just follow the normal steps, but just submit the additional AOS application along with the requisite proof (ie marriage certificate).

Do you know the instructions to inform them, or have a link for it?

I recall seeing in this forum (not in this specific thread) where someone mentioned they knew some people that even got married a couple of weeks prior to their interview. There is no way they can inform the proper agency within that 2 weeks can they?

There is no official and mandated list for proof of financial stability. And you are not required to submit tax returns in your AOS package. Most people, I believe, only submit W2s and employment verification letter. However during your interview, it's better to be thoroughly prepared and have your tax returns or I-134 if you don't have enough income.

By the way, the list of supporting evidence for DV AOS is here. And there is not even a mention of financial documents. However, it's always good to include your W2s and employment letter in your application.

Hi all,
Is there a list of required documents for proof of financial support/salary, etc.? Are we required to include federal tax returns in additon to W-2?
Thanks.

Need advice please

Hey, Natta, I need a help here : about sending the documents to Chicago. Is it ok to send unofficial college trascript copies for AOS to Chicago or they need copies of official college transcript.
Congrats, finally guys from Boston start getting some interview letters. Good Luck, a week more to wait and you will be done.