• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi guys, newbie here.
I am sorry to bother you with a question that may be already on this thread. I will read it all later on but now I have short time because I need to get my GC! :D

My wife won the DV2011 Lottery.
We are already in the US. I have an E2 Visa and she is under my visa. Our son is an american citizen.
We should do the AOS but with all the information we found, and after several phone calls, the process is still not clear to us. (may be also because our bad english!)
Would you please be so kind to list all the steps (and fees) we need to follow? We are just starting now

Thanks in advance and thanks to the host of the interesting forum!
MM

Why don't you surf starting from page 1 of this thread, and I am sure you will find tons of useful information.

Hi guys, newbie here.
I am sorry to bother you with a question that may be already on this thread. I will read it all later on but now I have short time because I need to get my GC! :D

We are already in the US. I have an E2 Visa and she is under my visa. Our son is an american citizen.
We should do the AOS but with all the information we found, and after several phone calls, the process is still not clear to us. (may be also because our bad english!)
Would you please be so kind to list all the steps (and fees) we need to follow? We are just starting now

MM

Why don't you surf starting from page 1 of this thread, and I am sure you will find tons of useful information.

Thank you Feel. I am doing it but there are 149 pages and I found that things have changed since the beginning (like the fee of $375 that now should be $440).
I was wondering if someone could make a short recap for me.

I will keep reading though.

Thanks again,
MM

Hey, I need a help here about sending the documents to Chicago. Is it ok to send unofficial college trascript copies for AOS to Chicago or they need copies of official college transcript. I will be having my hard copies by the time of interview.

Hello Skul,

I believe all that is needed is your high school diploma if you are claiming eligibility on education grounds. Anything passed that is not applicable for your DV case.

Hey Skul.
I send oficial transcript from school as for my school it is really easy, they have the request forms online and you complete it and ask how many copies you want and they send it in a couple of days, so you might check with your school maybe it is easy to get oficial school transcripts, if not, I don't think it is that necesary to send the transcripts. Another option that would be faster for you is to print the transcripts yourself, meet up with your adviser or school oficial so they can go over it and check it out and sign it and kind of make it oficial. You decide. Good luck

Hey, Natta, I need a help here : about sending the documents to Chicago. Is it ok to send unofficial college trascript copies for AOS to Chicago or they need copies of official college transcript.

Hi and welcome to the forum
It is kind of late to start, what is your case number so we know when you were or will be current
On your notification letter that your wife won , if you read carefully there is a link to the instruction that says step by step what you should do and you better hurry up as you have only 6 months to go. What took you guys so long to start doing something, almoast a year?
Hi guys, newbie here.

MM

Forum Members,

I sent in my $440 application to the US Department of State about three weeks ago. I got the receipt back from them but it does not look like an official report. I received the " Adjustment of Status Fee Payment" form back I sent in with my photographs and application fee. The form is the one I sent in my with information as case number, name and address. It has the paid stamp dated of Feb 08, 2011 and a number written on it with a red ink.

It does not have any official Department of Stamp and the receipt does not look official at all. It will be great if you can share some of your thoughts on how the official receipt looks like, the one we receive back from US Department of State.

Also one more additional questions. I am a graduate student who will be graduating in May. I found a job that is willing to do my sponsorship for the 2011 which will be effective from Oct 2011. I just want to make sure I apply the H1 B too, just in case I do not get a chance to interview before Sep 30, 2011 for my DV lottery. I want to if anyone in the same situation as me have proceeded with a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.

As far as the receipt goes it's perfectly fine.

Forum Members,

I sent in my $440 application to the US Department of State about three weeks ago. I got the receipt back from them but it does not look like an official report. I received the " Adjustment of Status Fee Payment" form back I sent in with my photographs and application fee. The form is the one I sent in my with information as case number, name and address. It has the paid stamp dated of Feb 08, 2011 and a number written on it with a red ink.

It does not have any official Department of Stamp and the receipt does not look official at all. It will be great if you can share some of your thoughts on how the official receipt looks like, the one we receive back from US Department of State.

Also one more additional questions. I am a graduate student who will be graduating in May. I found a job that is willing to do my sponsorship for the 2011 which will be effective from Oct 2011. I just want to make sure I apply the H1 B too, just in case I do not get a chance to interview before Sep 30, 2011 for my DV lottery. I want to if anyone in the same situation as me have proceeded with a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Natta

I appreciate Natta, and Loula. Thanks.
Hey Skul.
I send oficial transcript from school as for my school it is really easy, they have the request forms online and you complete it and ask how many copies you want and they send it in a couple of days, so you might check with your school maybe it is easy to get oficial school transcripts, if not, I don't think it is that necesary to send the transcripts. Another option that would be faster for you is to print the transcripts yourself, meet up with your adviser or school oficial so they can go over it and check it out and sign it and kind of make it oficial. You decide. Good luck

Hi everyone,
I have an update,actually not good news.My case's decision was denied,they sent me a letter in the mail which explains the reason.So I dont know yet waiting for letter.

I am very very sorry to hear that. I think it's the first time I read a DV AOS denial in this forum. Given that your case was unique in the fact that you were already in removal proceedings, this new development must be very tough for you. And I remember you were confused about whether or not you should have gone back home and do CP there. Assuming that your incoming denial letter does not raise any serious red flags from you, I think a successful CP is still plausible. Consult witth your lawyer about your next steps.

Hi everyone,
I have an update,actually not good news.My case's decision was denied,they sent me a letter in the mail which explains the reason.So I dont know yet waiting for letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone use so-called "Teller Check" to pay AOS fees? My bank says it's similar to money order, but I couldn't find on USCIS web pages explicit information on whether Teller check is an acceptable form of payment. Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone,

I hope it is not due to a 'legal' reason but a 'technical' one.

As I said before, when one is on rem. proc., you're NOT supposed send your i-485 to USCIS without a formal Imm. Ct. release or a referral. You filed without imm. lawyer support so now it come back hard at you.

You are at the mercy of the IC judge to get this release to do AoS. In your case did the IC specifically said that it is denying you this opportunity for you to do AoS? and that is why your lawyer said you cannot do AoS?

Did you talk to cpl of more good lawyers? .....if not you need to do it asap.

If you cannot do CP at home how about at a neighboring country?

Still I think CP is moot for you 'cos even if the court asked you to go and do CP, in my view, you still leave USA with 10 yr bar at your back! no judge can take it off your shoulders.
Too bad but thats is how it works !

But heck, what do I know?....pl consult few lawyers for 2nd, 3rd...opinions. You just may get a loop hole opened up for you.

Best!

PS:
You may want to get on to the following thread (Exclusion-or-Removal-from-USA) and ask around some Qs.
Ppl there may be more knowledgeable re. your options.

http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?183-Exclusion-or-Removal-from-USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel indeed USCIS says to wait 30 days. remember a week or so ago I posted that one of my friends send his application to Dallas Lockbox ( not DV case) and it was almoast a month as the application was sent on January 26, he finally got the message on the 23 of February at 1.20 Am. So I guess it takes them longer now to open the envelopes and sent messages, so don't worry, as long as you know it got there everything would be fine.

USCIS says to wait 30 days...

Thanks natta for this information.. I will wait for a month...By the way, did your friend email the lockbox support?

Feel indeed USCIS says to wait 30 days. remember a week or so ago I posted that one of my friends send his application to Dallas Lockbox ( not DV case) and it was almoast a month as the application was sent on January 26, he finally got the message on the 23 of February at 1.20 Am. So I guess it takes them longer now to open the envelopes and sent messages, so don't worry, as long as you know it got there everything would be fine.

I am a brand new member in this blog. I wish that all of you are gonna complete the process succesfully.

Hi feel,

I sent my AOS package last week on Tuesday through USPS Express Mail. However, there was a suspicious thing going on with the USPS service. The package was supposed to be delievered the next day by noon (Wednesday). But it turned out that the last update of the tracking was saying my package was scanned at Chicago sorting facility the next day at 6:07am (Wednesday). Then I waited for a delivery notice online until noon. But it turned out that there was nothing new on the tracking screen until 5pm the next day(Thursday). I called the Loop station and sorting facility starting from Thursday morning to figure out where my mackage was for two days! They told me that they had no idea. Now on the tracking page, it says that it was delivered and signed by J.C. at 9:57 on Wednesday. They uplodeded the trackong page the next day at 5pm!!!! I dont know how much this delivery is true! Tha damnest thing is you can not ask USCIS whether your package is delivered already unless you have a case number.

So I have been waiting for a notification e-mail from USCIS starting from last Wednesday. I dont really know whether my package is delievered!!!! I dont trust USPS! That is the whole point. But apparently we are in the same boat for different reasons. I hope that UCSIS is already busy with applications and they havent had a a chance to go through my package. At least I crossed my fingers for it. I dont wanna assume that my package was lost. Because I have the original papers of criminal records from my home country in that package.