• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I have questions for those who filled the Advance Parole document (I-131).

Should i leave the "Date of Intended Departure" and "Expected Length of Trip" fields empty, and is the "Name of DHS office" the same if the USCIS FO?
Any sample of what i should include in the explanation required on a separate piece of paper?

I am only applying for it in case of an emergency during the AOS process, so obviously i have no date of intended departure.

Regarding sending of documents

Hi,
My husband is the principal applicant, and we r filing obviously two I-485's so i have a small question can we send two seperate bundles, but can we combine it in the same envelope or do we need to send it in speperate ones. and also as am on l2 visa and not working..does he need to attatch affidavit of support in my 485 bundle???
Thnx in advance

Case # 2011AF00025XXX
current in Feb

Hi,
My husband is the principal applicant, and we r filing obviously two I-485's so i have a small question can we send two seperate bundles, but can we combine it in the same envelope or do we need to send it in speperate ones. and also as am on l2 visa and not working..does he need to attatch affidavit of support in my 485 bundle???
Thnx in advance

Case # 2011AF00025XXX
current in Feb

Hi Incog06,

Yes, you can (and you should) include both bundles in the same envelope. Separate them with a rubber band or a clip fastener. Remember that you need to include separate copies of all forms for each applicant. See the general tips on assembling an application for more instructions.

You are not required to include an affidavit of support in your package, but many people with no income did so. You can also have it prepared for when you go to the interview.

I got great news, my EB-2 concurrent AOS was approved last night!!!!!!!!!! Both I-140 and I-485 approval emails arrived yesterday.
After several years of work visas and waiting, then my wife won her DV which we kept as a backup solution in case my EB does not go through. I even paid the DV fees too early which are not going to be returned.
Thank God everything went so well and within a reasonable time-frame, no interviews or RFEs. My wife still awaits her approval, since her biometrics were rejected because of bad quality and she needs to retake them. But at least, she got her EAD and AP should be soon, we plan to visit our home countries some time next year.

All the best to all of you folks who are still waiting for approvals and hoping everything will be fine!!!!!

Thanks.

Hey... Congratulations to all those who already got their GCs/CPO status! And Happy Holidays to you all. This forum is pretty cool with real helpful people.

Hey guys,

I just found out that my civil surgeon wrote a follow-up note on my I-693 form which I already submitted. My Tb skin test came out slightly positive (6mm) because apparently of a reaction to the BCG vaccine that I had when I was a child. But my chest x-ray was all-clear and normal as expected. However, at the time of my appointment, my civil surgeon gave me a prescription for INH which I should take for 9 months. And she wrote down on my I-693 that I am supposed to come back for a follow-up visit.

So now, I'm worried because this could trigger an RFE from USCIS asking for a follow-up note from my civil surgeon. I can't believe my civil surgeon did this to me, because all she's interested is money. She wants me to come back and pay $150 for each stupid follow-up visit when I don't have active TB. Plus, the INH that she prescribed me has severe side effects and could damage the liver, so I refused to take it. Even my school doctor told me that I don't need to take INH. But my civil surgeon wants me to come back every 2 months and pay $150 each time in order to check my liver. How corrupt and unscrupulous can you be?

Did you guys ever had the same experience?

Hey guys,

I just found out that my civil surgeon wrote a follow-up note on my I-693 form which I already submitted. My Tb skin test came out slightly positive (6mm) because apparently of a reaction to the BCG vaccine that I had when I was a child. But my chest x-ray was all-clear and normal as expected. However, at the time of my appointment, my civil surgeon gave me a prescription for INH which I should take for 9 months. And she wrote down on my I-693 that I am supposed to come back for a follow-up visit.

So now, I'm worried because this could trigger an RFE from USCIS asking for a follow-up note from my civil surgeon. I can't believe my civil surgeon did this to me, because all she's interested is money. She wants me to come back and pay $150 for each stupid follow-up visit when I don't have active TB. Plus, the INH that she prescribed me has severe side effects and could damage the liver, so I refused to take it. Even my school doctor told me that I don't need to take INH. But my civil surgeon wants me to come back every 2 months and pay $150 each time in order to check my liver. How corrupt and unscrupulous can you be?

No, I never had this experience and I'm not good at medicine so I can't help in any ways :(

If you do not have active TB, I think you are cleared for USCIS purpose. Izzy120 had explained this in more detail in previous post (I do not remember the page number though) . You might want to check it, print it and take with you to the civil surgeon and discuss. At what page number did the CS wrote this follow-up information? How did you find out today and not earlier? But my gut says you will be fine.

Hey guys,

Hi whats A- number?

Hie,
i dont have any a number, although have ssn would that suffice?

Thanx
Case no -2011AF00025XXX
Current in Feb.

If you do not have active TB, I think you are cleared for USCIS purpose. Izzy120 had explained this in more detail in previous post (I do not remember the page number though) . You might want to check it, print it and take with you to the civil surgeon and discuss. At what page number did the CS wrote this follow-up information? How did you find out today and not earlier? But my gut says you will be fine.

Thanks feel,

I came to know it by clearing the immunization deficiency requirement so that I could register for classes for my Master. My school wanted me to take another TB skin test. But I told them that I already did one in October. So I called and asked my civil surgeon to submit a copy of my TB skin test results and chest x-ray. And to my surprise, she also provided a copy of the I-693 form with a follow-up note written on Part 3 of this form. I just hope everything will go smoothly without RFE.

Incog,
If you have never been issued an A number (if you are F student and never applied for OPT) , Leave the space blank. It would turn it to all zeros (if you are filling in the latest version). Do not put down any other number in that place since it might confuse USCIS.

Hie,
i dont have any a number, although have ssn would that suffice?

Thanx
Case no -2011AF00025XXX
Current in Feb.

Lucky2011,

Were not you suppose to get a copy of I-693 with another report in a sealed envelope? Did you request a copy?

I think it's a bit too late since you've already submitted the forms.

Personally,I don't think you would have any issues since your x-ray is clean and that's what counts.

Thanks feel,

I came to know it by clearing the immunization deficiency requirement so that I could register for classes for my Master. My school wanted me to take another TB skin test. But I told them that I already did one in October. So I called and asked my civil surgeon to submit a copy of my TB skin test results and chest x-ray. And to my surprise, she also provided a copy of the I-693 form with a follow-up note written on Part 3 of this form. I just hope everything will go smoothly without RFE.

Lucky2011,

Were not you suppose to get a copy of I-693 with another report in a sealed envelope? Did you request a copy?

I think it's a bit too late since you've already submitted the forms.

Personally,I don't think you would have any issues since your x-ray is clean and that's what counts.

Thanks Dimus. I did ask for a copy of I-693, but my surgeon refused to hand one to me, citing her internal "stupid" policy. Anyway, since my chest x-ray was clear, I also hope I won't get an RFE.

Good morning everyone,

Today I received my GREEN CARD, yuhu....

I think welcome letter also. Do you get welcome letter in GC envelope?