• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

A little update:
I called today to KCC and asked them if USCIS requested my files and answer was 'yes they requested on 17 of December'.
Not a big news if take in account that natta's files were requested the same day as she did her biometrics, but any way it is interesting how SF FO working on cases.
I just wondering how long it will take for them to schedule an Interview after they have everything they need for interview.

Same here. File has been at FO since Nov'23

At FO I was told to call USCIS and USCIS I was told to go to FO :) Also was told that that they get hundreds applications a day and I need to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean: did you do walk-in biometrics before your scheduled date (12/02) at USCIS Application Support Center 10555 Northwest Freeway Suite 150 Houston?

Yes of course I received a letter for the biometrics, here in Houston depending on where someone lives they send to a specific one .. the closer office for the person ... It was quick and without problems.. just a walk in.. not need for appointment!

Hello everybody from the DV 2011!!... Well today was my interview first of all I arrived to the office one hour before my interview was at 8:30 and I was there at 7:25, there was some people that were out already so I went inside I waited like 5 minutes and the officer came my interview was really smooth and the officer was really nice... they asked me: birth date, mother's and father's first name, married or single, children, and they copy some letters that I needed to bring from University and I was done. She told me that she will let me know by mail... but she didn't say if I was approved or not. Well that was it... I was completely nervous but its done... now I feel a little bit worried because everybody else had an answer that they were approved but I didn't !!.. so we will see what is going to happenn !!!!!!!!... GOODDD LUCKK EVERYBODYY AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH MEE!!.. THANK YOU SO MUCHHH FOR ALLLLLL THE HELP!!!,..,,, without this forum I would be lost and maybe right now with a lawyer spending thousands of dollars!!..

Willover,

My IO did not say it was approved at the end of the interview. I asked him is it approved? he told me "I first need to go on the department of state website to see if a visa is available for you. if it available then it is approved. The FY just started two months ago, so a visa should be available". Today my status says CPO. So no worries if the IO did ot say clearly IT IS APPROVED. i think they follow the process very much into details

Winners,
I just got my EAD!!!

I mean: did you do walk-in biometrics before your scheduled date (12/02) at USCIS Application Support Center 10555 Northwest Freeway Suite 150 Houston?

No, I waited until the day of my appointment and I went the same day 1 hour before my interview.... My biometrics were at HW6, they are different ... this is related to where you live..depending on that they will give you the closest office or support center...

Hey willowher,
What kind of University letters did they make copy of?

Hello lucky2011, well while I was here I went to 3 schools and just in case I went to the three schools to ask for a letter where it says that while I was study in that school I maintained my status of F1 visa (international student)... Of course I didnt have to do that because I could go to my University where I am enrolled right now and ask for that... but I didnt want to miss anything... !

But your valid I-20 should have worked. What status are you in right now?

Hello lucky2011, well while I was here I went to 3 schools and just in case I went to the three schools to ask for a letter where it says that while I was study in that school I maintained my status of F1 visa (international student)... Of course I didnt have to do that because I could go to my University where I am enrolled right now and ask for that... but I didnt want to miss anything... !

Pda

Hi All,
Today my USCIS case status is updated to PDA. It says: "On December 22, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS."

I am hoping, it means, they mails my GC :)

Good Luck everybody!

Yes they mailed out your card. Congrats again.

Hi All,
Today my USCIS case status is updated to PDA. It says: "On December 22, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS."

I am hoping, it means, they mails my GC :)

Good Luck everybody!

I went to Boston ASC for rescheduling biometrics today. I showed my biometrics letter at the security and said I wanted to reschedule my appointment. The security person asked me the reason. I told her that I will be away from Boston on the appointment day. Then, she asked me if I have the itinerary for my airplane ticket as a proof. I didn't have it. She went to talk with another officer, then they said I can do walk-in tomorrow if I bring the itinerary. They also told the early morning is better because it is less crowded.

The officers there were very nice:) They were more helpful than INFO PASS in my case.

Congratulations to everyone with a successful interview.
I have situation that I have not encountered before in this forum. I received an interview letter for Jan 18 for me and my wife. Two days ago I opened my mail and to my great surprise there were two new letters from Indianapolis USCIS office. The letters stated that our interviews were canceled and we should wait for new information. No reason, no contact information only signed by Indianapolis Field Office Director.
Has anyone encountered this kind of situation before? I don't know what to expect. I tried to find out more information by calling USCIS 1-800 number and I was told it's a common thing and I shouldn't be worried, just wait. They also told me that in case the interview is rescheduled the new interview is at least a month later.

Could someone tell me what number do you call to find out if the case was transferred to the field office?

Thanks..

Thanks!
Same here you know, I just went to USCIS status check, and found out that its PDA. But no email/text!

Isn't that strange? Till today everything was notified. When you put your status on PDA, then I also went to USCIS website to check it believing that our cases had to go parallel until we get our GC.

Congratulations to everyone with a successful interview.
I have situation that I have not encountered before in this forum. I received an interview letter for Jan 18 for me and my wife. Two days ago I opened my mail and to my great surprise there were two new letters from Indianapolis USCIS office. The letters stated that our interviews were canceled and we should wait for new information. No reason, no contact information only signed by Indianapolis Field Office Director.
Has anyone encountered this kind of situation before? I don't know what to expect. I tried to find out more information by calling USCIS 1-800 number and I was told it's a common thing and I shouldn't be worried, just wait. They also told me that in case the interview is rescheduled the new interview is at least a month later.

Could someone tell me what number do you call to find out if the case was transferred to the field office?

Thanks..

It's not normal and I don't know the phone number but I suggest not to worry since your case is moving according to the timeframe and just be patient.

Yea. I guess the automatic notification systems is down today :)

Isn't that strange? Till today everything was notified. When you put your status on PDA, then I also went to USCIS website to check it believing that our cases had to go parallel until we get our GC.

@hkaren

I google your problem and found a website linked below. it seems that it has happened for some in the past but as I read they recommended that you definitely show up at your canceled interview date. so my suggestion is that you go there at the scheduled time and if they say that you can not have an interview at this time, then you will wait to get another notice.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/285536-they-cancelled-our-aos-interview/