• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi guys, I was really busy and absent some days

From bottom of my heart, I want to congratulate those who received their GCs, interview letters, did their biometrics and received their biometrics.

For those who are waiting their interview days (including me), biometrics letters and NofAs, I wish good luck. With hope and belief we WILL receive our GCs.

Enjoy your time, guys.

way to go baobab! new round of interview letters is coming. good news.
Thanks khayat. Congratulations to you on your interview and CPO. Your card should come by the end of this week.
Congratulations to everyone else who received their cards over the last week.

For those still waiting for their interview letters, I know the wait is hard for some of you, but the letter will come when you expect less. It really depends on your field office how they schedule these DV cases. It does not mean that there is anything wrong with your file.

I have a question to anyone that has got their GC aproved. I checked my status today after the interview and it is still in "acceptance".
It has not moved to "initial review" yet. Does this means it is going to take longer? Or can it go from acceptance to decision?

It'll move to card production today or tomorrow right away. When it moves to PDA it means they shipped your card. Check your status tonight. It should change to CPO

How was your interview? tell us about your experience pls!!!!!!!!!!! And Congrats! U r gonna receive your GC within 2 weeks!

The i-485 that are processed in field offices will not have any online update until a welcome letter is mailed. That is after the approval.
Were you told that you are going to be approved? In that case, you will go to CPO directly. Last year it took between 0 to 11 days for CPO.

Will you tell us your interview experience and will you put your info in the spread sheet?

Congrats.

I have a question to anyone that has got their GC aproved. I checked my status today after the interview and it is still in "acceptance".
It has not moved to "initial review" yet. Does this means it is going to take longer? Or can it go from acceptance to decision?

Hi all,

Khayat was right yesterday, when he said that a new round of interview letters was on its way. I've got mine today. I am scheduled for January 6, 2011 in Philadelphia. There were two pages in my envelope: (1) the official I-797C form with the bar code and the list of documents that are needed and (2) an additional sheet (regular paper) with what I need to show in case I've had problems with the law (arrests, convictions, rehabilititation programs, etc.). That's all for now. Good luck to everybody!

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent to Chicago
10/04/2010 AOS package delievered
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation
10/15/2010 check cashed
10/19/2010 I-797 letter received
10/25/2010 bioemtrics notice (I-797C) received
11/16/2010 biometrics appt.
12/6/2010 interview appt. letter for 01/06/2011

My interview went pretty well.
There where 2 officers (our interviewer was in training). The usual question yes/no. Nothing about pay or affidavit ( I did not provide anything) They asked a littler bit about our wedding because we are married a year ago and we don't have any joint account nor lease, but they were ok when they saw the wedding album and pictures together from a long time ago.

then they told me that decision could take up to 90 days and that I should not travel in the meantime. I mentioned that if aproved I would like to go back for holidays and he suggested scheduling an infopass to stamp the passport if we are approved and need to leave before the card arrives.

They checked all the papers and everything was fine, just asked about names, children, etc.
Another important thing was that following our attorney's paper we had forgotten to date our signature and said that that could be a problem but we dated them there and re-signed.

That was all, if you have any additional questions I'll try to answer them.

wow, we are almost on page 100!!! Can you believe? Anyhow, I ve a silly question for u all: On our second NL it states that we should notify our local BCIS office with a copy of our first notification letter of intent to aos. Did any of you guys did that?

another question: Since we have some pending applications done through lawyers before, we dont have the original noas with us (the lawyers have it). Is there anyway we can get an original? Do you think it is necessary to have these originals for the interview?

wow, we are almost on page 100!!! Can you believe? Anyhow, I ve a silly question for u all: On our second NL it states that we should notify our local BCIS office with a copy of our first notification letter of intent to aos. Did any of you guys did that?

Don't worry about it. You just need to add a copy of 1NL into your AoS package.
And it is good that we are on 100 page, because that community makes our lives much more easier. Every one from that forum feels not along in that world of waiting and wondering.

R2010,
That is the I-485 package. There is nothing to notify BCIS unless you are current and file the application.
Otherwise, they would not even talk to you.

I think it is very important to have all originals of document that we provide copies of to them. (Birth Cert, Passport, School diploma, etc.)
However, NOAs are documents that are sent from USCIS, so they would have those in the computers and/or could easily verify them.
So i would not be worried at all if you don't have those NOAs.

another question: Since we have some pending applications done through lawyers before, we dont have the original noas with us (the lawyers have it). Is there anyway we can get an original? Do you think it is necessary to have these originals for the interview?

nothing yet.....I am still waiting for any update on my status! I want to travel abroad next friday!
Thanks for your help guys.

Hi guys, how is everyone doing? Just wanted to check in with you guys. Congrats for those who received the cards, got CPO or PDA, welcome letters and had interviews recently or received the interview letter. Nothing in my mail yet, still waiting.

Make sure to get a stamp from the FO ( of course after the CPO) before you travel.

nothing yet.....I am still waiting for any update on my status! I want to travel abroad next friday!
Thanks for your help guys.

You will be fine. Just make an infopass every other 2 weeks to make sure everything is in order.

Hi guys, how is everyone doing? Just wanted to check in with you guys. Congrats for those who received the cards, got CPO or PDA, welcome letters and had interviews recently or received the interview letter. Nothing in my mail yet, still waiting.