• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

OCT/NOV TIMELINE ~ It will be updated as more information is received.

Do we only have 4 people current in Nov? Folks please let me know of any updates! Thanks.

Name----------Current----AOS in Chicago-----Acceptance-----Checks Cashed------NOAs----Biometrics-------

Izzy120-----------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-8------------Oct-12----Oct-18 (11/4)----
psl2r--------------Nov---------Oct-1----------------Oct-8------------------?---------------Oct-9------Oct-18 (11/4)----
Tuscany----------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-8------------Oct-12----
mechta------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-8------------Oct-12----
nncu--------------Oct----------Oct-1-----------------?----------------------?---------------Oct-12----
antin--------------Oct?----------?----------------------?-------------------Oct-9------------Oct-12----
natta--------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-12-----------Oct-13----
sica1983----------Oct------------?----------------------?--------------------?----------------Oct-15----
keepkeep---------Oct----------Oct-3----------------Oct-12----------------?---------------Oct-16-----
NirvanaGrunger-Oct----------Oct-3------------------?-----------------Oct-13-----------Oct-16----
luganskman-----Oct-----------Oct-4---------------Oct-13-----------------?---------------Oct-16----
onebowloflaksa-Oct-----------Oct-4------------------?-----------------Oct-15------------Oct-18----
dalerpulatov-----Oct-----------Oct-4---------------Oct-13-------------Oct-14------------Oct-18----
lisa6---------------Oct-----------Oct-5---------------Oct-14-----------------?---------------Oct-18----
frenchiechs------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8--------------
khayat------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-12-------------
tahoe-------------Oct--------------?------------------Oct-15-------------
ssj1----------------Oct-----------Oct-7---------------Oct-18-------------
armanio----------Oct?----------Oct-3---------------
sealightt----------Oct-----------Oct-4---------------
sundaram--------Nov----------Oct-13--------------
coramdeos-------Oct--------------?
js7-----------------Nov----------
lution-------------Oct-----------
dima2121--------Oct-----------
goodfellas--------Nov----------

DV 2011ASOOO35xxx
5/7/10, got NL from KCC
5/8/10, sent DS 230 & DSP 122 to KCC
6/9/10, got NL2 from KCC, told me that must make a payment first and follow the steps
6/14/10, sent payment to DOS
6/17/10, sent $375 (Must make bank check or US postal money order) payment to DOS again, because I was sending my personal check
6/28/10, got receipt from DOS
7/23/10, medical done
9/28/10, sent pkg to USCIS
10/03/10, Delivered Chicago, IL
10/12/10, USCIS Acceptance Confirmation by e-mail
10/15/10, got NOAs

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we only have 4 people current in Nov? Folks please let me know of any updates! Thanks.

Name----------Current----AOS in Chicago-----Acceptance-----Checks Cashed------NOAs----Biometrics-------

Izzy120-----------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-8------------Oct-12----Oct-18 (11/4)----
psl2r--------------Nov---------Oct-1----------------Oct-8------------------?---------------Oct-9------Oct-18 (11/4)----
Tuscany----------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-8------------Oct-12----
mechta------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-8------------Oct-12----
nncu--------------Oct----------Oct-1-----------------?----------------------?---------------Oct-12----
antin--------------Oct?----------?----------------------?-------------------Oct-9------------Oct-12----
natta--------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-12-----------Oct-13----
sica1983----------Oct------------?----------------------?--------------------?----------------Oct-15----
keepkeep---------Oct----------Oct-3----------------Oct-12----------------?---------------Oct-16-----
NirvanaGrunger-Oct----------Oct-3------------------?-----------------Oct-13-----------Oct-16----
luganskman-----Oct-----------Oct-4---------------Oct-13-----------------?---------------Oct-16----
onebowloflaksa-Oct-----------Oct-4------------------?-----------------Oct-15------------Oct-18----
dalerpulatov-----Oct-----------Oct-4---------------Oct-13-------------Oct-14------------Oct-18----
lisa6---------------Oct-----------Oct-5---------------Oct-14-----------------?---------------Oct-18----

Wow! Thanks for organizing it for us.. I'm sure this information will come in really useful for those who apply later on as well as the DV2012 winners

DV 2011ASOOO35xxx
5/7/10, got NL from KCC
6/9/10, got NL2 from KCC, told me that must make a payment first and follow the steps
6/17/10, sent $375 (Must make bank check or US postal money order) payment to DOS again, because I was sending my personal check
7/23/10, medical done
10/15/10, got NOAs

Dear all

Good luck guys!!!

OCT/NOV TIMELINE ~ It will be updated as more information is received.

That is amazing!

Btw, did anyone's I-485 status on-line changed to "Initial Review" already? Mine is currently showing up in the "Acceptance" stage, just wondering how long it will take before it updates to "Initial Review"

it may not move to 'initial review'. it may stay at acceptance for some time ... even after taking biometrics. however, watch for soft lud's. there should be a soft lud once you take your bio.

Does anyone also happen to know based on the 2010 thread what the time line is between the biometrics appointment to the interview appointment date?

onebowloflaksa,
this part is the longest wait. after bio, your data goes thru security checks with the fbi and other agencies. the timeframe between bio and interview ranges from a month to more.

DV 2011ASOOO35xxx
5/7/10, got NL from KCC
7/23/10, medical done
10/15/10, got NOAs

Dear all

Good luck guys!!!

eooedada, welcome to the family :) Please add your AOS timeline to your profile signature by going to FORUM ACTIONS>EDIT PROFILE>EDIT SIGNATURE>Enter your info and save and check "show your signature" when you post messages.

By the way, is your case number AS00035K or AS00035XX? Because, if it is indeed 35XXX as you've shown, you are not yet current to submit your AOS package according to the Visa Bulletin. Please confirm.... Thanks

Here is my update, Izzy.

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent to Chicago
10/04/2010 AOS package delievered
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation
10/15/2010 check cashed

Hi Izzy120,

I sent cashier's checks. I would say they were definitely deposited, since they did not have to be cleared with the bank and I got my NOA already.

Izzy,

You think I am 50% girl because of my knowledge of prime time doctor shows on TV? :)

Thanks for organizing the data. I am curious if you are doing it in a word processor or a spreadsheet. If you are using excel, can you save as *.csv and then open your document with notepad and copy-paste to the forum? Or if you are using word, can you separate the fields by a 'comma' instead of multiple dashes? I know it will not be as aesthetic but we could save it as a comma-separated file and process the data in a spreadsheet. Your compilation contains just dates now, so there may not be much processing to be done, but if you start adding columns like number of months or days in between events, those can be used to run some stats. Capeolive posted a list with 2010 cutoff dates and the time it took for GCs to be received. I put that info in a spreadsheet (omg manually) and here is what I came up with:

Out of 53 people:
- 48 got their GC in 6 months or under
- 45 in 5 mo or under
- 39 in 4 mo or under
- 23 in 3 mo or under
- 5 in 2 mo or under
The fastest case was 1.5 months, and the slowest 8.3 months. The average is 3.5 months (1.5 months standard deviation), but this is skewed by those few cases with extremely long wait times (6 mo and over). If you take that data out, the average time for processing is reduced to 3.1 months (1 month st dev). What I've heard before looking at Capeolive's data was that average processing times were between 2 and 4 months, and last year's analyzed population confirms it (to read: stats are useless folks, better listen to old wifes' tales instead :)). If everything goes well, most of us will be getting our green cards in about 3 months.

As a side note, for those of you who feel compelled to use your native tongue on this list, other users do not know your language, and may feel left out. Those messages can be sent in private.

We got a rejection. The reason is (I'm typing it exactly how it is in their notice):
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. The correct filing fee is $930.00. Each applicant between the ages of 14 and 79 must also include an additional $80.00 fingerprint fee. Please resubmit the application with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this notice.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I am completely lost now. What do they want? We sent four applications with checks for $1010 included for each applicant. They returned only one application with the rejection.
Too many questions. Why they admitted the other three applications with $1010, but did not this one? Should we sent two separated checks, one for $930 and the other for $80? I remembered it was discussed here and people agreed that $1010 was okey.
The envelope that contained the check was opened and sent to us with other docs. And it is empty. Could they lose the check? (The more we are looking at the envelope the more we realize that the check was just tore off together with the envelope. The envelope looks awfully.)
Another question, if someone knows. Should we resend all 4 applications or just the returned one?

nncu

this is an other awesome stats as well!

Izzy,

You think I am 50% girl because of my knowledge of prime time doctor shows on TV? :)

Thanks for organizing the data. I am curious if you are doing it in a word processor or a spreadsheet. If you are using excel, can you save as *.csv and then open your document with notepad and copy-paste to the forum? Or if you are using word, can you separate the fields by a 'comma' instead of multiple dashes? I know it will not be as aesthetic but we could save it as a comma-separated file and process the data in a spreadsheet. Your compilation contains just dates now, so there may not be much processing to be done, but if you start adding columns like number of months or days in between events, those can be used to run some stats. Capeolive posted a list with 2010 cutoff dates and the time it took for GCs to be received. I put that info in a spreadsheet (omg manually) and here is what I came up with:

Out of 53 people:
- 48 got their GC in 6 months or under
- 45 in 5 mo or under
- 39 in 4 mo or under
- 23 in 3 mo or under
- 5 in 2 mo or under
The fastest case was 1.5 months, and the slowest 8.3 months. The average is 3.5 months (1.5 months standard deviation), but this is skewed by those few cases with extremely long wait times (6 mo and over). If you take that data out, the average time for processing is reduced to 3.1 months (1 month st dev). What I've heard before looking at Capeolive's data was that average processing times were between 2 and 4 months, and last year's analyzed population confirms it (to read: stats are useless folks, better listen to old wifes' tales instead :)). If everything goes well, most of us will be getting our green cards in about 3 months.

As a side note, for those of you who feel compelled to use your native tongue on this list, other users do not know your language, and may feel left out. Those messages can be sent in private.

Updates:
10/01: AOS to Chicago
10/04: AOS delivered
10/13: Check is cashed
10/18: received NofA
Cheers,
Armanio

We got a rejection. The reason is (I'm typing it exactly how it is in their notice):
The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. The correct filing fee is $930.00. Each applicant between the ages of 14 and 79 must also include an additional $80.00 fingerprint fee. Please resubmit the application with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this notice.
I am completely lost now. What do they want? We sent four applications with checks for $1010 included for each applicant. They returned only one application with the rejection.
Too many questions. Why they admitted the other three applications with $1010, but did not this one? Should we sent two separated checks, one for $930 and the other for $80? I remembered it was discussed here and people agreed that $1010 was okey.
The envelope that contained the check was opened and sent to us with other docs. And it is empty. Could they lose the check? (The more we are looking at the envelope the more we realize that the check was just tore off together with the envelope. The envelope looks awfully.)
Another question, if someone knows. Should we resend all 4 applications or just the returned one?

I think you have to call them directly and ask your questions. You have a phone number on that rejection notice. And if you have a proof that you sent them 4 checks 1010$ each, you can show it to them.

Hi Sealightt,

Did you make the check payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"
It needs to be that exact text. In any case you should try calling the USCIS and decipher the issue to make sure there are no more rejections.

Check cashed!
Wow that's some useful information from Izzy and nncu, 3.1 months on average. I can live with that... Is there always an interview in the case of DV winners?

dalerpulatov,

The A# you see on your NoAs are your Alien number assigned to you for this "immigrant" application as it will be different (most likely) from your "non-immigrant" A# if you had any. It is a nine digit number, so what do you mean by it "is similar to my I-94 number"? Are you saying the numbers are same word for word...? You should have said "n/a" on your forms where it asks for A# except for I-765 (where they ask for A# OR I-94 #). Anyway, its already been done...and also, I don't think this is a big deal, but like you said call USCIS and ascertain all is good.

Congrats on getting NoAs!!! :)

Izzy,

Applicant number in NofA for I-485 is different from my NoA for I-765 which is in turn similar to my I-94. If you see I-765 form, number 10 question, there I put my I-94 number. But I attached a sheet telling USCIS : "Please ignore Alien Number anywhere in the forms as I confused it with my I-94 number".

What does applicant number means in I-485 Notice of Action?

How about you or others, check you NoA for I-765 and see if it's similar with your I-94 or not and please reply.

Thanks