• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Don't worry, you'll be get the NOAs just fine. And yeah, it better be the best 1K you ever spent! Good Luck!

Thanks! My attorney didn't fill out the G1145 form :mad: and I didn't know about that option until reading this forum... so I wouldn't know anything until it arrives in my mailbox or see my check cashed.

I don't think I've wanted to see $ withdrawn out of my account so badly in my entire life! LOL

Hello Everybody:
My case probably would be current in May next year. My question is: can I go ahead and do medicals now? Are there any restrictions?
Thanks.

Sorry. My bad. I was wrong. Too much reading )
It doesn't say anywhere that F-1 cannot apply for i-131.

Parviz,

Can you tell us where exactly in I-131 instructions (page no. and paragraph) it says that F-1 holders cannot apply for I-131?

Hello Everybody:
My case probably would be current in May next year. My question is: can I go ahead and do medicals now? Are there any restrictions?
Thanks.

Yes, you can. The medical exam results (Form I-693) are valid for a year: "The endorsement of a civil surgeon on Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is generally valid for one year."

Anybody has expired passport? My expires at march 2011 but I have consular stamp that my passport extended for 3 more years. It should be fine or I have to renew my passport? Thanks

dalerpulatov,

You should have one receipt number per form per person. How many people did you apply for and what forms?

Well, I'm single and I applied for I-485 and I-765. Later on I found 2 receipt numbers but 4 emails (2 for I-485 and 2 for I-765)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear friends:

I just received the USCIS acceptance email and wanted to share the great news with you all. Peace, love, and hope to everybody!

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation

Congrats Tahoe
Dear friends:

I just received the USCIS acceptance email and wanted to share the great news with you all. Peace, love, and hope to everybody!

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation

Hi everyone. I was looking through the signature of last year applicant that where current in october and saw that some of them start getting the biometric's appointments around the 16th of october. I also have a question, when they send the biometric nottices, do they update it online first? or there is no update regarding the biometrics online, cause I keep checking it every day :(

hello all,

Although I'll become current on Nov., I sent my package on OCT 12.

Good luck to all of you

Anybody has expired passport? My expires at march 2011 but I have consular stamp that my passport extended for 3 more years. It should be fine or I have to renew my passport? Thanks

Parviz,
my passport expired last year April but i renewed it till 2013. the renewal is merely a stamp from your country's consular office. it indicates the extension and the new expiration date. Not to worry, you are in order, i travelled to Canada with mine in Summer 2009 and there was no problem.

Hi All,

I'm new to this thread, and this is my first post. Yay! I have been getting lots of advice from here all along the way and I'm about to sent in my completed forms tomorrow with the AOS fees. 2 questions, I'm a senior in college, so do I need to submit the form for approval of employment? I plan to travel out of the country during thanksgiving break and also for christmas and new year. Will I be able to get the AP by filing the I-131 now in time for these trips? And final question, on the form I-485 question 2, we should check option (a) right? (the question asks for reason for application of AOS, option a states immigrant petition...).

All answers are well appreciated.

Tuscany, thank you! I have stamp from consular office. Is it problem to visit Canada? I have cousin over there and I want to visit her. Thank you one more time.
Parviz,
my passport expired last year April but i renewed it till 2013. the renewal is merely a stamp from your country's consular office. it indicates the extension and the new expiration date. Not to worry, you are in order, i travelled to Canada with mine in Summer 2009 and there was no problem.

And you can get the answer like me : " I know how to handle AOS cases. Please stop giving me any advice or feedback from you, the websites you found, or your friends. If you think you can handle it by yourself, the websites and your friends, I can quit or you can fire me immediately. Thank you."

Just DON"T USE any attorney. Believe me it is only waste of money. My attorney had no idea about 2NL(she was very surprised when I get it) or what is it G1145. Just read my transcript and you will understand how many trouble I had and money lost.

Man... your experience sounds like a nightmare.. thankfully my attorney is experienced with DV AOS and she's someone that's used by and highly referred by an Internet Giant company in the bay area... so I trust her for the most part, she knew what to submit and what to do except for that G1145 form (which she knew about but felt that it was not necessary) and the part where she felt that we shouldn't take the risk of submitting it on September 30th.. Thankfully, she's not been rude to me so far *touch wood*

She's pretty much only most useful for me at the end of the process where I want her to make sure that the packages are all at the local office before the interview, since she's there all the time...

I really love this forum though because it allows me to know what to expect as well as what to watch out for... Hope everything works out well for you. Good Luck!

Welcome

goodfellas,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I would suggest you to read this thread and 2010 AOS only from the beginning coz you will get lot of valuable information here.

Question 2 on I-485, your answer would be "h"..diversity visa lottery winner.

Hi All,

I'm new to this thread, and this is my first post. Yay! I have been getting lots of advice from here all along the way and I'm about to sent in my completed forms tomorrow with the AOS fees. 2 questions, I'm a senior in college, so do I need to submit the form for approval of employment? I plan to travel out of the country during thanksgiving break and also for christmas and new year. Will I be able to get the AP by filing the I-131 now in time for these trips? And final question, on the form I-485 question 2, we should check option (a) right? (the question asks for reason for application of AOS, option a states immigrant petition...).

All answers are well appreciated.

Tuscany, thank you! I have stamp from consular office. Is it problem to visit Canada? I have cousin over there and I want to visit her. Thank you one more time.

Parviz,
With a F-1 student visa, you can visit Canada and Mexico for a maximum 30 days without any problem whatsoever. I went and came back, no problem at all. If you need further details PM me and I will provide you info required.