• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

sealightt,

Thanks for the signature! It will help us help you in future with any questions you may have. Plus, I have included your information on the timeline above, that way we can keep track of cases and help one another on when to expect things from USCIS...

Good Luck in your process! :)

Thank you and hello!
I've been reading this thread for several weeks and found it helpful. Finally I decided to register.

I am working on my signature now and trying to recall all the dates. Hopefully will do it soon. :)

Thank you, NirvanaGrunger and Izzy120.

We have a family of 4 and sent a box with four envelopes with applications inside the box, not just one envelope. Probably it takes some time, longer then usually, to unpack all the docs, check and register them. Still waiting...
BTW, is there any way to find out a phone number to call them, just in case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I checked my receipt online on USCIS website and it says:

"On October 13, 2010, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

I just wonder why they didn't write anything about Form I-485.

Is it supposed to be like this or....?

The one that you checked was for work permit,but you should have goten a receipt for the I-485 as well tht you can check.
Guys,

I checked my receipt online on USCIS website and it says:

"On October 13, 2010, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

I just wonder why they didn't write anything about Form I-485.

Is it supposed to be like this or....?

The one that you checked was for work permit,but you should have goten a receipt for the I-485 as well tht you can check.

Thank you so much Natta, I was worried a little bit. 4 emails arrived to my inbox and all appeared same to me and so I didn't pay attention (I thought all 4 are similar and I see I have different receipt number. Basically as I have registered for I-485 and I-765, I am supposed to have 2 receipt numbers?

Both

6 e-mails and 6 txt msg

Thanks! My attorney didn't fill out the G1145 form :mad: and I didn't know about that option until reading this forum... so I wouldn't know anything until it arrives in my mailbox or see my check cashed.

I don't think I've wanted to see $ withdrawn out of my account so badly in my entire life! LOL

Thanks! My attorney didn't fill out the G1145 form :mad: and I didn't know about that option until reading this forum... so I wouldn't know anything until it arrives in my mailbox or see my check cashed.

I don't think I've wanted to see $ withdrawn out of my account so badly in my entire life! LOL

onebowloflaksa,
seriously, i really feel that reading and learning from fellow and senior members of this forum will definitely help in the entire process ... with or without lawyers. but from experiences of some of our 2009 and 2010 members ... so far no lawyer has performed up to anyone's expectations. infact many of us who have done it ourselves went thru the entire process painlessly. better yet, there is a lot of moral support from fellow members. we are family!

since your lawyer did not submit the g1145, when you receive your noa ... create your uscis account. you will be able to track your progress online then.

Here is the Oct/Nov timeline with new updates:

Name----------Current----AOS in Chicago-----Acceptance-----Checks Cashed--------NOAs----Biometrics

Psl2r--------------Nov---------Oct-1----------------Oct-8------------------?---------------Oct-9-----
Tuscany----------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-8------------Oct-12----
Izzy---------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8---------------Oct-8------------Oct-12----
Mechta------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8--------------Oct-8------------Oct-12-----
Antin-------------Oct?----------?----------------------?-------------------Oct-9------------Oct-12----
Nncu--------------Oct----------Oct-1-----------------?----------------------?---------------Oct-12----
Natta--------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8--------------Oct-12-----------Oct-13----
NirvanaGrunger-Oct----------Oct-3------------------?-------------------Oct-13-----------
Frenchiechs------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-8--------------
Khayat------------Oct----------Oct-1----------------Oct-12-------------
Keepkeep---------Oct----------Oct-3----------------Oct-12-------------
Luganskman-----Oct-----------Oct-4---------------Oct-13-------------
Dalerpulatov-----Oct-----------Oct-4---------------Oct-13-------------
Lisa6--------------Oct-----------Oct-5---------------Oct-14-------------
Armanio----------Oct?----------Oct-3---------------
Onebowloflaska-Oct-----------Oct-4-----------------?-------------------Oct-15---------
Sealightt----------Oct-----------Oct-4---------------
Ssj1---------------Oct-----------Oct-7---------------
Sundaram--------Nov----------Oct-13--------------
Coramdeos-------Oct--------------?
Lution-------------Oct-----------
Dima2121--------Oct-----------
Tahoe-------------Oct-----------

Freinchiechs, armanio, mechta, please provide us with updates if you have any.

Lution and Tahoe, please let us know if you have any updates too.

Others, please let me know if I missed anyone or anything. Of course, anyone is free to copy/use the timeline. I made it so we all can benefit from it!

Appreciate your time and effort!

My check finally got cashed! Now I just have to wait for my NOA... YAY!

onebowloflaksa,
seriously, i really feel that reading and learning from fellow and senior members of this forum will definitely help in the entire process ... with or without lawyers. but from experiences of some of our 2009 and 2010 members ... so far no lawyer has performed up to anyone's expectations. infact many of us who have done it ourselves went thru the entire process painlessly. better yet, there is a lot of moral support from fellow members. we are family!

since your lawyer did not submit the g1145, when you receive your noa ... create your uscis account. you will be able to track your progress online then.

Thanks Leongsce,

I do agree... Although I would still use an attorney even if I have to do it all over again.. except this time I would join the forum before all the paperworks were submitted so I could tell the lawyer what to do based on everyone's feedback. Thanks!

Thanks Leongsce,

I do agree... Although I would still use an attorney even if I have to do it all over again.. except this time I would join the forum before all the paperworks were submitted so I could tell the lawyer what to do based on everyone's feedback. Thanks!

And you can get the answer like me : " I know how to handle AOS cases. Please stop giving me any advice or feedback from you, the websites you found, or your friends. If you think you can handle it by yourself, the websites and your friends, I can quit or you can fire me immediately. Thank you."

Just DON"T USE any attorney. Believe me it is only waste of money. My attorney had no idea about 2NL(she was very surprised when I get it) or what is it G1145. Just read my transcript and you will understand how many trouble I had and money lost.

sealightt,

USICS asks that you separate each person's application packet by either a rubber band or by using fasteners. But since 4 packets sounds like a seemingly large packet, you should be alright.

You can go to USCIS website to find the national customer service number or just google it. Remember, there is no real option that allows you to directly speak with a person, just select the "forms" option and then "not sure what form" option and it should connect you to a person in the forms department who maybe able to answer your questions.

Thank you, NirvanaGrunger and Izzy120.

We have a family of 4 and sent a box with four envelopes with applications inside the box, not just one envelope. Probably it takes some time, longer then usually, to unpack all the docs, check and register them. Still waiting...
BTW, is there any way to find out a phone number to call them, just in case?

dalerpulatov,

You should have one receipt number per form per person. How many people did you apply for and what forms?

Thank you so much Natta, I was worried a little bit. 4 emails arrived to my inbox and all appeared same to me and so I didn't pay attention (I thought all 4 are similar and I see I have different receipt number. Basically as I have registered for I-485 and I-765, I am supposed to have 2 receipt numbers?