• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

1. yes, mine is the same; paid stamp with date on it.
2. if your number is less than 10750 which is announced, you can even send the package in October, based on 50-day rule in advance (just my opinion). you do not need to wait for 2nd letter, you can do your medicals now.

I am unaware of the 50-day rule. If you don't mind, can you please elaborate.

Also what info does the 2nd NL contain? Could I just get my medicals done and send the AOS package (with all documents and forms Izzy120 listed on post #626) to the Chicago lockbox?

Guys,

On Sep 30 I have shipped my package to P.O. box number which has 60680 zip code, but on my tracking number and receipt the zip code is 60603 and I'm little worried and I wish they didn't mail to the wrong address. I check my tracking number and it is supposed to be shipped today and I hope that the final destination will be 60680 instead of 60603.

Moreover, I called the USPS branch where I shipped my package, they told not to worry as the zip codes are basically in the same area and that the mailperson knows where is USCIS.

What do you think guys?

What USPS service did you use? Did you use signature confirmation? Because as far as I know, you cannot use signature confirmation for PO BOX address because there is no one there to sign your package. Maybe that's why they left notice to the 60603 zip code (which is the office of USCIS I guess) so that the person in charge can sign it for you.

What USPS service did you use? Did you use signature confirmation? Because as far as I know, you cannot use signature confirmation for PO BOX address because there is no one there to sign your package. Maybe that's why they left notice to the 60603 zip code (which is the office of USCIS I guess) so that the person in charge can sign it for you.

I shipped my mail with USPS Priority Mail attaching a tracking number, that's it. I have no idea why they mailed it to 60603 whereas I wrote 60680 on my mail. No signature confirmation was issued. On USPS website after inserting tracking number, it says: "If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day"

To the best of my knowledge Priority Mail could be mailed to P.O. box.

I used USPS as well and I checked the next day and it said that the notice was left at 10.25 am and then the item was picked up at 1.45 pm and signed of by R. Mercado. So I guess that they leave a notice and then somebody comes and picks the item and sign for it. At least that what it said when I checked the status online with USPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,
Would I be able to send my wife's AOS package before I send my package? If you know my story. I'll be out of the country until the 30th of Oct and her P3 visa expires on Nov 3, so not too be too risky, I was wondering if we could send her package several days before I send mine? I'm the DV winner by the way, not her.
Thanks!

Hey Guys,
Would I be able to send my wife's AOS package before I send my package? If you know my story. I'll be out of the country until the 30th of Oct and her P3 visa expires on Nov 3, so not too be too risky, I was wondering if we could send her package several days before I send mine? I'm the DV winner by the way, not her.
Thanks!
Hey Dima, yes I know your cse, but my opinion is that I dont think you cant send her package first, because as for her alone, there is no base that she can apply for AOS, she can only apply for AOS only if you apply. So from the reason of appliening I dont think it makes sense and you might do worse for her by applying and then being rejected. As I see you decided that the job oversees is more important that the green card. If I were you I would not take any chances, but I guess you already decided.

I am unaware of the 50-day rule. If you don't mind, can you please elaborate.

Also what info does the 2nd NL contain? Could I just get my medicals done and send the AOS package (with all documents and forms Izzy120 listed on post #626) to the Chicago lockbox?

@pbz
the following comments are based on what I've asked from other members in this forum and past experience, so it's not a definite rule at all;

1. the 50-day rule says that as long as you see you number becomes current in advance notification of visa bulletin you can send your documents. as there is approx. 50 days between the date that visa bulletin comes out and the advance notification date in that visa bulletin,it's called the 50-day rule. some people say that this rule is just for those which have high number and are close to the end of fiscal year.
2. the 2nd letter is just a confirmation that you've chosen AOS vs CP. there is no specific information on that. but I think you must include that letter in your application. so just go ahead, do your medicals and prepare your package, when you got the 2nd letter send your package.

Hey Guys,
Thanks!

dima,
i don't think that is possible. all applications should be submitted as a family with the main applicant, ie, you - a qualified dv winner. i agree with what natta said that your wife has no basis for applying. her app will be rejected for sure without your main application.
yes ... again i agree with natta .... you seem to be more content with taking the overseas job and risk complicating your case and losing this chance of getting the gc. i guess the decision is yours to make.

I used mail express overnight on Friday(10/01). The package arrived Saturday(10/02) and a notice was left. I wonder if the USCIS folks will pick it up?!!

Don't worry they will pick it up, maybe only once a day. Sometimes tracking data are updated little bit late.

I used mail express overnight on Friday(10/01). The package arrived Saturday(10/02) and a notice was left. I wonder if the USCIS folks will pick it up?!!

Guys, my package has been delivered, whoever experience delay on AofS or notice left on tracking number, advice you not to worry, it will be picked up or delivered next day. At least wait for a week before recalling the mail or sending the new one.

Guys,
Has anyone heard from Izzy for the past 5 days, she has been missing in action for a while now.

Am sure we will all get a form of notification from Chicago on the AOS within a week, maximum two weeks, that's the period reflected in the 2010 forum. Keep the faith guys, it is well.

How recent a police report? (CP backup plan)

As discussed somewhere earlier in this thread, some of us might wanna consider getting the police report from our homecountry that's required for CP.

1. As i may switch to CP, does anyone know how recent a report should be? I could not find anything definitive on the state.gov/uscis sites. any links anyone?
I have one from May this year , and getting a new one is a pain.

2. Can I travel to the US on a visa waiver while I am awaiting my CP appointment?
Or better to stay out of country?

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Case update:
I sent my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail on 10/01/10.A notice was left on 10/02/10 and package was delivered on 10/03/10 , signed by R.Mercado.
Good luck to everybody!

Did you receive your 2NL? If so when?

Guys,
Has anyone heard from Izzy for the past 5 days, she has been missing in action for a while now.

Am sure we will all get a form of notification from Chicago on the AOS within a week, maximum two weeks, that's the period reflected in the 2010 forum. Keep the faith guys, it is well.