• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

i think everyone who is already in us doesn't have to contact KCC just pay the DV fee and prepare your package to send it to chicago when your number is current
that's it no need to send anything to KCC

Hello Everybody,

Nice thread with lot of information. I am 2011 winner from Asia and have case no. around 9500, I am wondering how big is that no. and is it OK to go with AOS rather than CP, since I am here in US.

Hi everyone, I wish everybody good luck on this onerous process and congurtulate !! I am one of the winner of DV 2011 with the case number EU 13xxx. I am in us with G4 in nonimmigrant status.I called USCIS office today and learnt that I am eligible to go by AOS but he said it takes approxitimately 9 months to 1 year to process PR. I couldn't decide if I should go by Cp or Aos? What do you think if I am safe to go by aos with this case number??? Thanks for ur help.....

I also agree with 'havulm'. What 'havulm' said is correct. Anybody went to Local USCIS office till now?

Hi everyone, I wish everybody good luck on this onerous process and congurtulate !! I am one of the winner of DV 2011 with the case number EU 13xxx. I am in us with G4 in nonimmigrant status.I called USCIS office today and learnt that I am eligible to go by AOS but he said it takes approxitimately 9 months to 1 year to process PR. I couldn't decide if I should go by Cp or Aos? What do you think if I am safe to go by aos with this case number??? Thanks for ur help.....

Hello umuteren,

Your case number became current in December for the 2010 Fiscal Year, you have enough time for AOS in Fiscal Year 2011. DV cases are supposed to be expedited. It is not true that it will take 9 months to 1 year to process the DV case. If you check prior years forums you will see that the average time frame is about 3 to 3.5 months (it also depends on your Field Office). The employees at the USCIS National Customer Service don't know much about DV cases. You can get very confusing information from them. Please, read the 2010 AOS Only forum, it will give you valuable information and you will learn about the AOS process from others experiences.

Good luck!

thank you for your answer but when i appled for DV2011 ( Oct 2nd - Nov 30th 2009) i was single so my file at KCC indicates that i am single

Hi Mohkha,

Since you applied for DV as single. Make sure when you send back your DsP122 and Ds230 form, send a DS230 form for your wife too and indicate change of Marital Status in the forms, you can also include copy of your marriage certifcate as proof.

Good luck!

i think everyone who is already in us doesn't have to contact KCC just pay the DV fee and prepare your package to send it to chicago when your number is current
that's it no need to send anything to KCC

That's correct! No one needs to contact KCC or USCIS unless there's an issue. All forms are available online. Just follow the instructions carefully and send what you are asked to send. Be patient because the processing takes time.

All the best!

Hi lucky 2011,

Thanks for the answer. I would like to ask several more questions :)
1. Based on your answer, so I don't need to pay the $375 first in order to get my 2nd letter? I thought the fee was for 2nd letter processing fee? Is it possible that after I pay the fee I do not get my 2nd letter?
2. Do you know the chance of F-1 visa holder to be approved the GC? Because we are not supposed to have immigrant intent in the first place..>.<
3. Do you know what type of questions they typically ask?

Thank you soooo muuuccchhh...

keepkeep

1. If you send the DSP-122 form to KCC, you are guaranteed to receive the 2nd letter in about a month regardless of when you pay the $375 fee. The 2nd letter will pretty much confirm your intent to do AOS and will remind you to pay that $375 diversity fee. You should pay that fee well before shipping your AOS package to Chicago Lockbox (when your number is current) because you will need to include its receipt in your AOS package.

2. I also had the same concern. I call USCIS and they said as long as you are in the US in legal status, you can do AOS. I'm on F-1 too doing my master. And previous F-1 dv lottery winners successfully adjusted their status without any problem.

3. Some people have posted their interview experience in the previous years' AOS threads. As far as know, it's a friendly, short, and easy interview. You won't have any problem with it if your profile is clean.

Hi all -
I am a DV winner as well, but my CN is pretty high 2011AF0072xxx. I am here in the US working on a H1B visa.
I am going to go the AOS route. I was wondering if anyone here with a similar CN as mine can share their experience.
I am just crossing my fingers and hoping. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

CN: 2011AF00072xxx (vermont - H1B status)
04/25/2010: Received NL from KCC

Hello umuteren,

Your case number became current in December for the 2010 Fiscal Year, you have enough time for AOS in Fiscal Year 2011. DV cases are supposed to be expedited. It is not true that it will take 9 months to 1 year to process the DV case. If you check prior years forums you will see that the average time frame is about 3 to 3.5 months (it also depends on your Field Office). The employees at the USCIS National Customer Service don't know much about DV cases. You can get very confusing information from them. Please, read the 2010 AOS Only forum, it will give you valuable information and you will learn about the AOS process from others experiences.

Good luck!

Hi, and thank you for your quick response. I live in New Jersey so my local USCIS office would be the newark office in NJ, which has not a very good score on client orientiation. At least , thats what I read on the forums. To risk it or not !! its very hard to decide... I was wondering if anybody knows more about the processing time of the dv cases in Newark office in NJ??

Hi All, I just received my NL too and i have a question,
I'm not in the states now
I will be in the states during the next year on a B1/B2 visitor Visa do you think i can go for AOS or the tourist visa is not adjustable ???
thanks

Hi, and thank you for your quick response. I live in New Jersey so my local USCIS office would be the newark office in NJ, which has not a very good score on client orientiation. At least , thats what I read on the forums. To risk it or not !! its very hard to decide... I was wondering if anybody knows more about the processing time of the dv cases in Newark office in NJ??

I am also doing Newark. I found one post here regarding interview experience last year and it said it was piece of cake.

Try to go to DV 2009 page 69 if I am not mistaking.

Hello umuteren,

You can check the "normal processing times" for the field offices at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do

Newark doesn't look bad, the processing time for I-485 is 4 months. Of course, this is a reference and there are no guarantees that a case will be processed in that time frame. DV cases are supposed to be expedited so most of the cases will be processed before 4 months but some could get stuck and take longer.

Good luck

I am bit confused. What does 'send the $375 Visa fee to DOS not KCC' mean? There are two things:

first: in the check I need to write down the receiver of the check. who is the receiver 'U.S. Department of State' or 'Department of State' or any other?

second: to which address should i send this $375 check along with the 'Adjustment Of Status Fee Payment' form?

Thanks

I am bit confused. What does 'send the $375 Visa fee to DOS not KCC' mean? There are two things:

first: in the check I need to write down the receiver of the check. who is the receiver 'U.S. Department of State' or 'Department of State' or any other?

second: to which address should i send this $375 check along with the 'Adjustment Of Status Fee Payment' form?

Thanks

Hello zahidal,

Assuming that you decided for Adjustment of Status:

1) Mail the DSP-122 and DS-230 with photographs back to KCC.

2) Pay the diversity visa fee for yourself and for each member of your immediate family also in the U.S. who plans to adjust status with you here. To print the form and information visit http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

The Address is:
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Payable to: U.S. Department of State

3) When your case number becomes current in Fiscal Year 2011, you need to send your AOS package (i.e. I-485 and supporting documentation, medical, AOS fee, etc) to the USCIS - Chicago Lockbox

Does it make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
CN: 2011AF1XXX
04/24/10 : Received NL from kcc
04/30/10 : Mailes ds 122+ds 230 + photos + barcode + 1500 to dos
05/10/10 : RECEIPT OF PAYEMENT RECEIVED FROM DOS
GOOD LUCK AND BEFORE ASK ANY QUESTION PLEASE READ WHAT WAS POSTED THANKS IT MAY SAVE YOU TIME

Hello,

Got my first letter today. Totally thrilled, but kind of worried that my number is too high. My number is 33xxx and I am from South Asia. Is that number too high to consider doing an AOS? Is there any harm in going back to my home country and doing an interview there instead? With a number this high, do I have a decent chance of getting the green card even if I do a consular interview back home (I don't know what else the number can affect besides when I can apply for AOS)? BTW, I currently have an F1 visa, have a clean record and am enrolled in a PhD program in New York. Thanks in advance for any advice!