• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

My son have his ticket back to homeland on 29th of December and my wife has an opportunity to go to Hawaii on Christmas holidays and she has tickets too already.
Can you imagine what I have in my head about that Interview appointment. Luckily I have no tickets yet.

I believe there are those who got it in Dec; albeit not too many.

from page 49 (for 1st of December) to page 67 (7th of January) no mentions about Interview letter.
But there are many experience about Interview for who had their Interview appointments in November.

Luganskman, did they tell you if you are in the queue with everyone else doing AOS or did it seem like you were close to getting a date soon? Did they seem knowledgeable about DV cases?

Khayat, congratulations, I am glad everything went smooth for you!

Infopass result
Today I had my infopass and it was as following:
1/ I told them that I am an DV program winner and we passed our bio more then 30 days ago, and that I just wondering if we missed our Interview letter or something.
I showed to the representative my 1NL and 797form with biometrics stamp on it. He asked me for my ID and after looking something in his computer he told me that we are scheduled for Interview but there is no date for it yet. But it shows definitely that our files are already in FO and our Interview is pending.
2/ I told him that I called to KCC and they answered that USCIS don't requested my files yet, and I asked him what we have to do about it. He did not gave me an valuable answer for that. Just told me that I should not worry about it yet.
So I think that at least I have news and I recommend to do the same for whom worried about their Interview schedule

Luganskman, did they tell you if you are in the queue with everyone else doing AOS or did it seem like you were close to getting a date soon? Did they seem knowledgeable about DV cases?

Khayat, congratulations, I am glad everything went smooth for you!

I didn't ask him about that, because as I could see he just can see my status for their office. Though guys it's a good question. You should to ask me that way before I went to USCIS. May be it will be a note for whom planing to go there in the next days.

Are fingerprint rsults not immediately electronically shipped to the FBI on a daily basis?

I just called the FBI fingerprint status update line and the guy at the end of the line said he found no request for fingerprint for me, so I should check with the ASC what they did with the fingerprints they took.

When did you do your biometrics?

I just called the FBI fingerprint status update line and the guy at the end of the line said he found no request for fingerprint for me, so I should check with the ASC what they did with the fingerprints they took.

They should at least have a record of the fingerprints receipt... Did you give the fbi your 'A' number? Ask if they can search by the receipt number, if they still can't find it you can go the ASC and inquire in person. Name check results go back to the USCIS pretty quickly if there are no records against your name (arrests etc.)

@ lucky2011

hi

I think that our field office is the same. do you have any idea about how busy they are. have you ever gone there with infopass?

I didn't ask him about that, because as I could see he just can see my status for their office. Though guys it's a good question. You should to ask me that way before I went to USCIS. May be it will be a note for whom planing to go there in the next days.

I believe that was what the messages on Nov 30th were all about, remember? See below:

Nncu: Luganskman, perhaps when you go for your infopass appointment you can tell (remind) them that DV cases have a sunset provision (expire at the end of fiscal year) and that we should not have to wait in line with everyone else doing AOS. […]See what they say and please share. The info you will provide might be useful when the next one of us goes for an infopass appt.

Luganskman: Ok guys. I'll try to get as much information as I can from them. And I agree with you all about remind them that DV cases depends on time.

Ssj1: You can take a copy of the sunset provision from the USCIS website with you just in case.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html or http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/A...-0-0-9059.html

@ lucky2011

hi

I think that our field office is the same. do you have any idea about how busy they are. have you ever gone there with infopass?

I have never been there, never done an infopass. At least not yet. But, from reading the family-based AOS interview experiences here, it seems like a friendly and decent office which averagely processes your GC in less than 4 months after filing.