• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Hi guys, i am current for june and i used my cousins adress and he just told me yesterday that his visa expires May 2011. So he is worried that it might affect my interview. He is now telling his brother whom they are staying together to write the i-134 and formal letter for me with different adress. Any effect?

Well, Thank you for your good suggestion.
1.Birth Certificates- Was sent with DSP122,230 1 & 2
2. Police Certificates- Previous collection April 2008 from Germany
3.Passports-Was sent my passport copy, with living Germany since 2004-all records there, With USA Visa until 2011 and previous visit 2006-2007 with the invitation letter from Company
4.Deportation Papers-None
5.Court and Prison records-None
6.Military records-None
7.Marriage certificates-Given unmarried certificate, was collected 2008 from my home country as well Germany
8.Termination of prior marriages-None
9.Translations-All are English except 1-2 pages.
10.Evidence of required education or work experience- Was given, B.SC, HSC,SSC with some courses was finished in M.Sc, Working experience certificate from Germany and my home country last 10 years record.....

1 Brand new photo Graph...taken yesterday....
Letter was sent yesterday, hope will reach KCC by beginning of next week.

Now Question, Should I collect Police certificate from my home country too ? As I mentioned, when I came Germany, they already did in that time Bangladesh part and I am living Germany since 2004, so isn't it enough from here ?
Last time for US visa, they didn't ask anything to me,they checked by themselves,just gave 5 years visa....
So, should I ask current police certificate right ?
Should I collect medical certificate too ? If yes, which kinds of Certificate they need means this certificate should cover ?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Well, Thank you for your good suggestion.
1.Birth Certificates- Was sent with DSP122,230 1 & 2
2. Police Certificates- Previous collection April 2008 from Germany
3.Passports-Was sent my passport copy, with living Germany since 2004-all records there, With USA Visa until 2011 and previous visit 2006-2007 with the invitation letter from Company
4.Deportation Papers-None
5.Court and Prison records-None
6.Military records-None
7.Marriage certificates-Given unmarried certificate, was collected 2008 from my home country as well Germany
8.Termination of prior marriages-None
9.Translations-All are English except 1-2 pages.
10.Evidence of required education or work experience- Was given, B.SC, HSC,SSC with some courses was finished in M.Sc, Working experience certificate from Germany and my home country last 10 years record.....

1 Brand new photo Graph...taken yesterday....
Letter was sent yesterday, hope will reach KCC by beginning of next week.

Now Question, Should I collect Police certificate from my home country too ? As I mentioned, when I came Germany, they already did in that time Bangladesh part and I am living Germany since 2004, so isn't it enough from here ?
Last time for US visa, they didn't ask anything to me,they checked by themselves,just gave 5 years visa....
So, should I ask current police certificate right ?
Should I collect medical certificate too ? If yes, which kinds of Certificate they need means this certificate should cover ?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

saint2010, apart from your current passport-size photograph and the DSP122,230 1 & 2, you don't need to send any other document to KCC. All those documents you have listed above should be submitted at the US embassy where you will have your interview.

You need to get a cuurent police certificate from your home country if you have live there for 6 months since you attained the age of 16.

You need to book an appointment to do a medical test in one of the designated doctors mentioned in your 2nd letter. If you tell the doctors that you need a medical certificate for immigrant visa they may direct you what to do. Check this website for the list of approved doctors in Germany http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa/iv/step6/

NOTE: According to the above website, you do not need an appointment for the physicians in Frankfurt, they accept walk-ins from Monday to Fridays from 07:30am - 11:00am

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of them are eagerly waiting to get the Green Card.....I wish them all the best......Hope everyone gets the Green card.........

Thanks for your reply.
I sent by post all documents to KCC on 14th April 2010. But worried, last 1 week massive air traffic in EU due to Balkanic Ash. Then I sent fax to KCC with DSP-122 form & DS 230 Part 1 & 2.
And By email, all necessary documents with Photograph for faster processing.
Didn't get any reply......

Well, I received my original 1st letter from home country just yesterday.
Now, Should I send again this Bar code sheet to them.
Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.
I sent by post all documents to KCC on 14th April 2010. But worried, last 1 week massive air traffic in EU due to Balkanic Ash. Then I sent fax to KCC with DSP-122 form & DS 230 Part 1 & 2.
And By email, all necessary documents with Photograph for faster processing.
Didn't get any reply......

Well, I received my original 1st letter from home country just yesterday.
Now, Should I send again this Bar code sheet to them.
Thanks.

All the best! yes send them all the details which is mandatory.

I won the 2011 DV lottery. But my number is 2011AS000429XX
1. Does anyone know if I stand any chance to get the Visa, I am malaysian. Let me know if anyone got the GC from such a high case number.
2. When can I expect second NL from KCC if all regions become "current" on August 2011?
And time frame between received 2nd NL and appointment schedule?
3. How fast is the CP ( from interview until received the visa), and won't be receiving GC until admitted to US?
4. What is the standard time frame between submitting AOS and interview appointment?
5.How long does it take to change CP to AOS?

I just won the lottery...I understand that I can elect elegibility based on High School Education or Work Experience. Is there any advantage to using Work experience over high school education? i.e do they assign different GC categories based on the option one chooses?
In other words, if I can qualify based on either, is it more beneficial to use one over the other?

Thank you.

The determination of which occupations require at least two years of training or experience shall be based upon the Department of Labor's O*Net Online database. Previously, when work experience was used as the equivalent of high school graduation, the employment position was compared to those in the US Department of Labor Dictionary of Occupational Titles. The Labor Department has phased out this publication and replaced it with the O Net online system. To reflect this change, the State Department will begin using O Net classifications in determining whether an applicant has the equivalent of a high school education.

Hello Everyone, I have a question.
I have noticed that sometimes, in the same country, someone with a lower case number may be scheduled later (in the same month) that someone with a somewhat higher CN. I was told that this is due to the fact that once one's date become current, what KCC consider is now the date they received the applicant's form. Can you confirm if this is true ?.
My concern is the fact that my CN is AF70*** but I sent my form in December. I was told that once africa becomes current, those with much higher case number, like AF80*** may be scheduled much earlier than me, because they will also be current and provided they sent their form earlier than me. Is it true ?

Hello Everyone, I have a question.
I have noticed that sometimes, in the same country, someone with a lower case number may be scheduled later (in the same month) that someone with a somewhat higher CN. I was told that this is due to the fact that once one's date become current, what KCC consider is now the date they received the applicant's form. Can you confirm if this is true ?.
My concern is the fact that my CN is AF70*** but I sent my form in December. I was told that once africa becomes current, those with much higher case number, like AF80*** may be scheduled much earlier than me, because they will also be current and provided they sent their form earlier than me. Is it true ?

Im not sure about this. Could you please direct this question in the Ghana or Kenya thread? I think some guys there will be of help to you. Im also waiting to be current in September.

Hey guys, I am really worried , I have emailed KCC several times but I have not recived till now the reply,I called them and they told me my interview date . Can I go to interview without the 2nd letter or any sort of document from KCC regarding the 2nd letter??

Hi Seniors!!
Two questions:
Affidavit of Support:
How much annual household income should my sponsor have to support myself and my wife?
Does the sponsor have to fill up the forms separately for myself and wife?

Police Clearance Certificate Validity
How long is the validity of PCC?

Thanks for your advise!

Hey guys, I am really worried , I have emailed KCC several times but I have not recived till now the reply,I called them and they told me my interview date . Can I go to interview without the 2nd letter or any sort of document from KCC regarding the 2nd letter??
Keep on e_mailing them until you receive a responce from them. Without any documental proof, you may not be allowed entry to the embassy. Keep your cool and never give up

Dear all,

I hava some question:-

I fill up (Just electric type) my DSP-122, DS-230 by a consultency firm. I also checked it properly. It is correct.
But after typed they keept a photo copy.Even I have not yet any agreement with them I want to know.......

1) Have they any power to distirb me about visa/interview?
Aafter joining here I decide that I will complite my all kind of work( dv related)

2) (a) When we need affidavit of support?
(b) what is the affidavit of support form no. for bangladeshi winner?

My cousin got DV & now liveing USA nearavobe 10 years. If I want to collect affidavit of support from him. When I shall knocked him? Please Discribe about affidavit of support. Because when I shall get 2NL then maybe much time will have not in my hand.

3) How can I understand that my case no. is current? or as per my case no. my interview date is ..........?

already I read the visa bulletin, but there is no mention any specific case no.

thanks to all for important discussion.

Dear all,

I hava some question:-

I fill up (Just electric type) my DSP-122, DS-230 by a consultency firm. I also checked it properly. It is correct.
But after typed they keept a photo copy.Even I have not yet any agreement with them I want to know.......

1) Have they any power to distirb me about visa/interview?
Aafter joining here I decide that I will complite my all kind of work( dv related)

2) (a) When we need affidavit of support?
(b) what is the affidavit of support form no. for bangladeshi winner?

My cousin got DV & now liveing USA nearavobe 10 years. If I want to collect affidavit of support from him. When I shall knocked him? Please Discribe about affidavit of support. Because when I shall get 2NL then maybe much time will have not in my hand.

3) How can I understand that my case no. is current? or as per my case no. my interview date is ..........?

already I read the visa bulletin, but there is no mention any specific case no.

thanks to all for important discussion.

1. They are not suppose to intervening with your application. But since they know all of your personal information; they can pose as you and change information in your application.

2. Affidavit of Support is a letter from a sponsor stating that they will sponsor you when you come to US. US Govnt just wanted to make sure that you are taken care here.

3. Check the "Visa Bulletin" under the DV section. If your number below the cut-off number, then your number is current. If the number says "current" it means all number is included.

Hope this help.
Cheers,

st_kusuma

Hi Namitra,

By the way what is your interview date. I am doing AOS and my case number is lower than yours, I did not get my Interview date.

Dear st_kusuma,
I want to know that when need Affidavit of Support:
A) at the time of interview, or
B) after entry to USA.
If it will be need at the time of interview, when I shall collect thus form/Affidavit of Support. Because after receiving the 2nd Letter, we (in Bangladeshi) have no much time to collect the "Affidavit of Support" from USA.

After all may be I don't yet understand about "Affidavit of Support" Please, if you know it well,then Discuas all about it;

Thanks a Lot.

Hi Seniors!!
Two questions:
Affidavit of Support:
How much annual household income should my sponsor have to support myself and my wife?
Does the sponsor have to fill up the forms separately for myself and wife?

Police Clearance Certificate Validity
How long is the validity of PCC?

Thanks for your advise!