• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Hi Gasper,
Thanks for replying my posting.
My case number is AS000274XX and eventhough I live in US, I'm going to proceed with CP.
Do I need to send a payment as well or can I pay the fee at the consulat right before the interview?
If I need to send the payment in advance, do you know how much, where to send and when?
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks & regards,

since you are doing cp,you may be current May or June next year.Check the bulletin archive.Since it is cp, you dont need to send any payment.You will make the payment of $775 at the embassy on the day of your interview.You pay double if anyone is accompanying you to the states.As regards your marriage, fill your forms now and send it back to kcc.After the marriage, just notify kcc of it to update your profile and that is only how she can go to the interview with you.But you must get married to her before you receive your 2nd letter.So fill your forms now and send it back to kcc except you are getting married this weekend.

since you are doing cp,you may be current May or June next year.Check the bulletin archive.Since it is cp, you dont need to send any payment.You will make the payment of $775 at the embassy on the day of your interview.You pay double if anyone is accompanying you to the states.As regards your marriage, fill your forms now and send it back to kcc.After the marriage, just notify kcc of it to update your profile and that is only how she can go to the interview with you.But you must get married to her before you receive your 2nd letter.So fill your forms now and send it back to kcc except you are getting married this weekend.

Hi Gasper,
Thanks for the information. I thought the bulletin number is just for AOS?
Yes, I'm planning to get married 2 weeks from now and then submit the CP forms on the same day for both of us. So; once I submit the form, I dont need to do anything... basically just waiting for the 2nd NL right?
Again, thanks a lot for the clear information.
Regards,

It's not advisable to send the forms now while you have not concluded your marriage. Finish the marriage first, get your marriage certificate and attach a copy to the forms to be sent to KCC. Add a letter explaining the change in your circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not advisable to send the forms now while you have not concluded your marriage. Finished the marriage first, get your marriage certificate and attach a copy to the forms to be sent to KCC. Add a letter explaining the change in your circumstances.

Thanks for the advise ammeck09. Do I need to submit the marriage certificate with DS230 and DSP122? I thought I just needed later for the interview? (I'm planning to proceed with CP).

hi gays is there any one who has got the sechond letter.
CN=2010AF00007xxx please tell me what the 2 NL will contain and will they tell you the exact day of interview?

Thanks for the advise ammeck09. Do I need to submit the marriage certificate with DS230 and DSP122? I thought I just needed later for the interview? (I'm planning to proceed with CP).
Yes, just a copy together with the DS230 and DSP122 to KCC. Add a note indicating that you recently got married and that you want them to update your records. In this case, when they are scheduling your interview, they will include your wife in it.

I'm actually telling you what KCC told my friend, you shouldn't be listening to people who have not been through such a situation. You could also find countless information on this issue in other past threads.

I am really sorry st_kusuma. I did not realized that your marital status is going to change and that's why you asked if you need to submit your marriage certificate.

Yes, you need to include a notification of the change with a copy (not the original) of the marriage certificate along with all the required forms when you return the forms and documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

Thanks ammeck09 for pointing out.

PS: I deleted my previous post as it was not applicable for st_kusuma question

Yes, just a copy together with the DS230 and DSP122 to KCC. Add a note indicating that you recently got married and that you want them to update your records. In this case, when they are scheduling your interview, they will include your wife in it.

I'm actually telling you what KCC told my friend, you shouldn't be listening to people who have not been through such a situation. You could also find countless information on this issue in other past threads.

Thanks Ammeck09!

I am really sorry st_kusuma. I did not realized that your marital status is going to change and that's why you asked if you need to submit your marriage certificate.

Yes, you need to include a notification of the change with a copy (not the original) of the marriage certificate along with all the required forms when you return the forms and documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

Thanks ammeck09 for pointing out.

PS: I deleted my previous post as it was not applicable for st_kusuma question

Thanks i2009!

I want to ask about this application DS-230 part 1 form before I want to complete it and send it to KCC.
about question no 10 and 11. I'm in indonesia now. I don't have permanent address in US right now.there is a question about permanent address where you intend to live in US.
what I have to do? answer it with N/A ?

Second Notice Letter (N.L)

Hi every one,

Who knows when should i expect to arrived second notice letter from KCC ?

most of my compatriot asked their interview date via email & KCC answered them.
But when i asking them, KCC answered me; Wait for second letter which will send via postal mail !!:(

i must know exact time of my interview bcz i need to apply for passport & buy ticket and so on...

I want to ask about this application DS-230 part 1 form before I want to complete it and send it to KCC.
about question no 10 and 11. I'm in indonesia now. I don't have permanent address in US right now.there is a question about permanent address where you intend to live in US.
what I have to do? answer it with N/A ?

I would strongly advice you look for one so that you dont dash your chances of getting the visa.They are not stupid to have added such a question so that you dont become a wanderer in the states.If you dont have at present, you should have one at the time of your interview because when eventually you still get to the port of entry in the states,an address where your green card would be sent would still be demanded.Dont take to the option of lodging in hotels in the states until you get a house.That might be very expensive.Well this is just my humble advice.

Hi every one,

Who knows when should i expect to arrived second notice letter from KCC ?

most of my compatriot asked their interview date via email & KCC answered them.
But when i asking them, KCC answered me; Wait for second letter which will send via postal mail !!:(

i must know exact time of my interview bcz i need to apply for passport & buy ticket and so on...

the first question is are you current in the month of October? If you are be expecting your letter or better still call kcc rather than using mail.And why not wait till after the interview before you talk of purchasing a ticket.

the first question is are you current in the month of October? If you are be expecting your letter or better still call kcc rather than using mail.And why not wait till after the interview before you talk of purchasing a ticket.

Yes, i'm current in Oct.
I'll cal KCC tomorrow morning. it seems they don't pay enough attention to e-mails bcs they answer template structure to all in one shape ! :rolleyes:
any how; thankfully gasper2000

Second Notice Letter (N.L)

Dear ALL,

In order to become more familiar with what they want in Second notice letter, Could you release a copy (Scan) of SECOND NOTICE LETTER, please & put it here to Download it.

Faithfully,

Hello everybody,

I have a similar situation with st_kusuma except I am an F1. I am planning to get married next week with my girlfriend. We have been together for 6 years now, the last two years being in seperate countries, but it is not a fake marriage. She is coming all the way from Turkey to get married here and apply for GC together, otherwise she will have to wait 6-8 years to get greencard by my sponsorship.

My questions are:

1)Are there any legal issues that may jeopardize the process with such a "quick" marriage? She is coming here for 1 week, we are getting married and she is going back until she finishes her school and then she will join me here in US. Will they say "hey wait this looks fraud?"?

2)Do we have to wait some time after getting marriage certificate or should we send our documents right away? I think we are already late because I hear that many people already sent their files latest by August. My case number is high (EU25xxx), so I am not really expecting to be current until May-June even July.

3) Can you give me a sense of the process about late filing? For example if I need to wait a couple weeks or months after getting married for the officers not to think that this is a greencard marriage (which is really not but what can you say...), is that going to be a problem even for such a high case number like mine? Will people with higher case numbers than mine be processed before me?

I am really anxious because if I cannot get greencard, I will lose F1 because I will be doing Consular Processing. An attorney said that will be faster and safer when my wife is in Turkey and I am here in US.

Please areply, thanks.

Dv-2010 cn

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and one of the 2010 DV lottery winners from ASIA.
My case number is 2010AS00018***. Please let me know whether this number is high or low. Do you have any idea about my interview date?

DV2010 CN: 2010AS00018***
1st NL latter dated on May 28th 2009
1st NL received June 24th 2009
Papers sent to KCC on June 27th 2009
Papers received by KCC on June 30th 2009

Thank you

Hi All,

My case number is 2010AS00018***. Please let me know whether this number is high or low. Do you have any idea about my interview date?

Thank you

Your number is fine, im sure we will be due in jan/feb because I have similar number as yours but from Africa.

Hi All,

Thank you

Hi lili73,

For Fiscal Year 2009 your number became current in May 2009 but this year, for November, the cut-off numbers are not following the same tendency than in 2009 for Asia and Europe. Anyway, your number does not look bad. You should get your interview in May/June.

Good luck

Validity of Visa

I was under the impression that the VISA for the DV is normally valid for 6 months. But in my 2nd NL it is mentioned that the VISA will be valid for 4 months. Is it changed recently?