• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Hi everybody,

I am among those who has recieved N.L but the web site says I have NOT been selected.

I contacted K.C.C today on the phone and after getting my case number , my full name, and date of birth, they confirmed that I had been selected and there is a problem in their web site.

What website that says that you have not been selected???!! There is NO website that can tell you if you have won or not.

I am a little confused about AOS or CP and I hope some of you can clear my confusion. I got the NL from KCC on 05-28-2009, my number is extremely high AF00076XXX. I am legally working in the US on a H1B visa. I am confused about going the CP way or the AOS way. If i do opt for CP, will I have to return to my native country at some point?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

If you opt for CP you will have to go back to your home country, but in your case AOS is not realistic because AOS takes a longer time than CP and you will risk for USCIS not to process you papers until 30th of september, and you will lose the GC.

hi guys,

My husband received the Selection letter in April and yesterday we checked the status on the website it confirmed it. I wasn't selected and the website said that too when I put the confirmation number, so it works. but my hubby put me in his application so we r lucky one of us won.

Hi Daima,
My friend won DV2010 case number 2010AF00008XXX and I tried the status website but it requested for 16 digits yet her number is 14 digits, is there a way I should type it in? Thanks

Hi Daima,
My friend won DV2010 case number 2010AF00008XXX and I tried the status website but it requested for 16 digits yet her number is 14 digits, is there a way I should type it in? Thanks

Make sure you enter the confirmation number your friend received after applying for the DV last year and not the CN she received in the NL.

I am a little confused about AOS or CP and I hope some of you can clear my confusion. I got the NL from KCC on 05-28-2009, my number is extremely high AF00076XXX. I am legally working in the US on a H1B visa. I am confused about going the CP way or the AOS way. If i do opt for CP, will I have to return to my native country at some point?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Congratulation!!
I think you absolutely need to go back to your home country,because your number is likely to be current in september . I don't think a month is enough for AOS.
take care

CN: 2010AF5200** dated 20th may
i received the mail saying av bin selected for further processing,now problem currently am stil lookin for an addres where i ntend to live and where my grin card wil be mailed..im feeling that im loosing alot of time question is do i need to give an address of someone right now? is it a must?

guys,
can you help me plz..
i recieved my dv 2010 letter and sent the forms back by regular mail,
i just want to check whether my forms were delivered or not??

who should i contact, and will they reply??

thank you very much

call KCC TO CONFIRM

Problem solved.

Hi ...

My status check problem is solved now. See attached file.

Hi everybody,

I am among those who has recieved N.L but the web site says I have NOT been selected.

I contacted K.C.C today on the phone and after getting my case number , my full name, and date of birth, they confirmed that I had been selected and there is a problem in their web site.

CN: 2010AF5200** dated 20th may
i received the mail saying av bin selected for further processing,now problem currently am stil lookin for an addres where i ntend to live and where my grin card wil be mailed..im feeling that im loosing alot of time question is do i need to give an address of someone right now? is it a must?

I think it is a must

is it allowed to use correction pen (fluid), in filling the forms. i made a little mistake, just one character in the middle of a word.

NL dated :11 may, 2009
NL received : 8 june, 2009
case no. : 2010AS00008xxx

I suggest you to use a next form , Why to take risk??? you can download them from net????

By the way are you from nepal????

is it allowed to use correction pen (fluid), in filling the forms. i made a little mistake, just one character in the middle of a word.

NL dated :11 may, 2009
NL received : 8 june, 2009
case no. : 2010AS00008xxx

I suggest you to use next form . you can download them from the internet

By the way are you from Nepal????

I think it is a must

Its NOT a must right now! You should have an address by the time of the interview to have the card send to. I wrote N/A where I intend to live, as I have none and I wrote my friends address for the GC to be mailed to.

Hope this helps:)

Hi, my mother won and her CN is 2010AF00017***, though the NL was dated April 02, 2009 she received the envelope one week ago. she is Eritrean living in Nairobi. Is it late to send to KCC at this time?

Hi, my mother won and her CN is 2010AF00017***, though the NL was dated April 02, 2009 she received the envelope one week ago. she is Eritrean living in Nairobi. Is it late to send to KCC at this time?

No, it's not late. Just tell her to send back her forms as soon as possible. Congratulations!

Hello Nakfa

i happy for your mum..........i am Eritrean too current live in state ..........no it is not to late at all ........please fill the form as soon as you can and sent it
What is her number ?

Hello Nakfa

i happy for your mum..........i am Eritrean too current live in state ..........no it is not to late at all ........please fill the form as soon as you can and sent it
What is her number ?

Sorry you mention her number ........Good number for Eritrea

Good luck to her