• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

I got mine June 8, 2009. The letter was dated May 28, 2009. I'm already in the U.S.

My CN is AS00024xxx. Is this number low or high?

I got mine June 8, 2009. The letter was dated May 28, 2009. I'm already in the U.S.

Heyyy.. Congratulations maannnnn.. Good luck.. :)
If you don';t mind me asking.. where do you live in the US?
I'm in IL and still waiting for it.. I thought that it's over.. now you just gave me some hope ;)

AsOc

I received NL on May 21, the letter dated April 8
My CN OC000006xx
now living in Asia,
Is my CN high or low?
Do I have any chance of interview, if yes, when should I expect?
thanks in advance to anyone who would answer...

My CN OC000006xx
now living in Asia,
Is my CN high or low?

your number is very very low.you would definitely be interviewed october providing there are no mistakes and discrepancies in the form you are going to send back to kcc. Congrats!!!

OMG MAN! JesusChrist! You gave me hope!Thank You! I jumped when saw your message.
So, can we say that ittakes like ~10 days for letter to arrive across USA?

My CN OC000006xx
now living in Asia,
Is my CN high or low?
Hi,
Your number is very low...
Congratulations, I think you should go to interview...Compulsory...
Regards,

Thanks for all the warm responses! For those of you who are still waiting...it's not over yet, so have faith!

hI Taz,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I am from Accra, Ghana and I also want to find out about something; my spouse is a student in one of the Colleges in Ghana here whilst I am a worker. Is it ok to state that she is a student?

May, 19, 2010 Spouse got NL (2010AF0002XXXX)
Yet to post the forms to KCC

No problem. I know a lot of people who stated they are students and didn't have any problem. Employment is not a requirement to fulfil the conditions of the dv lottery.

I'm currently a student and I've to put that on the forms. Nothing wrong with that. Next time, better use the Ghanaian thread. Thanks

Hey Gasper 2000,
Thank for your reply.
I will be keep posting the progress...
Btw, should I contact KCC for further information???
b.rgds

Hi fellas

I am from Accra, Ghana. My spouse got her NL on the 19 of May 2009 and we are filling the forms, But she is a student in one of the Colleges in Ghana here and I am a Worker. can we put her present occupation as STUDENT in the form and will that help our chances of getting our visa?

Secondly as couples how much do we have to present as evidence of finance when going for the interview?

thank you and hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Thanks my brother, where is the Ghanaian thread?

No problem. I know a lot of people who stated they are students and didn't have any problem. Employment is not a requirement to fulfil the conditions of the dv lottery.

I'm currently a student and I've to put that on the forms. Nothing wrong with that. Next time, better use the Ghanaian thread. Thanks

I am grateful to everyone here. We shall overcome it all by all means.

I just got the letter in the mail today stating I have been selected in the DV lottery stage. I am legally in the US on an F1 visa and got my letter at my current US address.

I graduated from an Associates program in nursing, got my RN license and worked for one year under OPT. Now I'm back in school and today I got the letter.

So my question is, should I do AOS or should I do CP? I am guessing I qualify for AOS because I've remained in status (my visa is expired but my I20 is current and always has been). I am a little concerned because my number is high, in the 70,000 range and I'm from Africa, so I don't know which option is better for me.

If I opt to not do AOS, will I have to go back to my country for interviews and all that or can it be done here?

Looking forward to your advice and recommendations.

thanks

I just got the letter in the mail today stating I have been selected in the DV lottery stage. I am legally in the US on an F1 visa and got my letter at my current US address.

I graduated from an Associates program in nursing, got my RN license and worked for one year under OPT. Now I'm back in school and today I got the letter.

So my question is, should I do AOS or should I do CP? I am guessing I qualify for AOS because I've remained in status (my visa is expired but my I20 is current and always has been). I am a little concerned because my number is high, in the 70,000 range and I'm from Africa, so I don't know which option is better for me.

If I opt to not do AOS, will I have to go back to my country for interviews and all that or can it be done here?

Looking forward to your advice and recommendations.

thanks

Heyy
First of all congratulations :)
I am not responding to help you out cuz I have no clue how it works sorry :/ hope somebody else will...
but I have a question if you dont mind me asking... where do you live in the US ? and how long did the letter took to get to your place?
I am in IL on F1 student visa still waiting for the notification letter... I lost hope.. but now seems that they just started sending them out of the ones from Africa residing in U.S
I'd appreciate it if you could clarify that point to me ;)

Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator: