• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Hey all!:)

We applied from Azerbaijan and left address in Seattle(Washington)... Did anyone receive letters there? We phone our friends but they say that there are no any NLs in that region...
I know ... its June but we still hope.:D

In God we trust!

I applied from Azerbaijan, but living in Dubai. No answer yet. Same situation with my friend back in Azerbaijan :(

What the hell do you want in FL? Expensive, less jobs, low income.

Well it's true, you're right about that, Miami is definitely not the perfect place for an average working man.

The first reason I'd really like to experience life there is the perfect climate as far as I know. I've always wondered what would it be like if there weren't winters. Of course the weather is not the only reason because if it was then I'd might as well go to Africa to avoid winters.

And for the expensiveness and other things I guess I'd have to figure something out how to make my living there but I'll leave that for when the time comes for that, if it comes of course.

Well it's true, you're right about that, Miami is definitely not the perfect place for an average working man.

The first reason I'd really like to experience life there is the perfect climate as far as I know. I've always wondered what would it be like if there weren't winters. Of course the weather is not the only reason because if it was then I'd might as well go to Africa to avoid winters.

And for the expensiveness and other things I guess I'd have to figure something out how to make my living there but I'll leave that for when the time comes for that, if it comes of course.

There's a saying "Aim for the moon if you miss u get the stars". Always set yourself high targets. If you don't get high level of live then you will get the good one ;)

There's a saying "Aim for the moon if you miss u get the stars". Always set yourself high targets. If you don't get high level of live then you will get the good one ;)

Oh brother I really like the way you're thinking, seems like we have a lot in common.

Well I guess that's it for this week when it comes to the receiving of the NL. The mailman works on Saturdays too but I doubt he'll bring something tomorrow.

More luck next week friends!

Well I guess that's it for this week when it comes to the receiving of the NL. The mailman works on Saturdays too but I doubt he'll bring something tomorrow.

More luck next week friends!

I live in the Middle East so here Friday is same as Saturday around the world.
So next week for me starts tomorrow and ends on Thursday ;)

Well, I have a couple of friends down there and if they could sell their house the would leave as fast as they can. And remeber huricane season just starts. If you wanna go to a real great place try San Diego :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in the Middle East so here Friday is same as Saturday around the world.
So next week for me starts tomorrow and ends on Thursday ;)

Well if that's the case, good luck brother as of tomorrow! I really wouldn't mind at all if you were the first one to report the late winning. I would be satisfied if either one of us wins it this year. I don't worry to much because if it's meant to be and if I deserved it I'll win.

Well I have a couple of friend down there and if they could sell their house the would leave as fast as they can. And remeber huricane season just starts. If you wanna go to a rela go place try San Diego :)

Thanks for the advice man! :)

Well as I said I've never been to Miami so I can't talk from my personal experience. Yeah, hurricanes and stuff are also a big problem for that whole coastal area. I don't know man, I've always wanted to see how it would be living there, but maybe as you say I wouldn't be so impressed after all. And west coast doesn't seem to be on my heart, but again maybe I would change my mind after I visited those places.

Thanks for the advice man! :)

Well as I said I've never been to Miami so I can't talk from my personal experience. Yeah, hurricanes and stuff are also a big problem for that whole coastal area. I don't know man, I've always wanted to see how it would be living there, but maybe as you say I wouldn't be so impressed after all. And west coast doesn't seem to be on my heart, but again maybe I would change my mind after I visited those places.

You can never tell how place is unless you live there. Never believe things you see on TV.

And good luck next week. I guess it will be decisive.

hey friends, just wondering when do they stop sending anymore NLs ? i dont want to say that, but hvn't heard any good new for few days. isn't that by july 1 after we look up the web site with our confirmations, then it 'll be either we get it or the end of dv 2010?

hey friends, just wondering when do they stop sending anymore NLs ? i dont want to say that, but hvn't heard any good new for few days. isn't that by july 1 after we look up the web site with our confirmations, then it 'll be either we get it or the end of dv 2010?

That's true. We all have to wait till 1 July and see if we won, since there is a small chance that our letter got lost somewhere.

Dear all,

I recieved a NL on 14 April, however I live in Europe since a few years.

1-Concerning the police certificates and court records required, do I have to obtain one from Egypt and another from my current place of residence ? or the last is sufficient?

2-How long should it take to recieve the GC from the instant of entering the US?

3-Is it normal to receive an interview appointment in 2010 (according to the CN ) ?

I would highly appreciate your cooperation.

Dear all,

I recieved a NL on 14 April, however I live in Europe since a few years.

1-Concerning the police certificates and court records required, do I have to obtain one from Egypt and another from my current place of residence ? or the last is sufficient?

2-How long should it take to recieve the GC from the instant of entering the US?

3-Is it normal to receive an interview appointment in 2010 (according to the CN ) ?

I would highly appreciate your cooperation.

Can only help with police certificate. You have to get once from all the countries you lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16. Check this link and you will find info on how to get the certificate from each country and whether you need it or not. You don't need it from some countries unless you are physically present there.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3272.html

Most of the people who posted here usually received their GC's about 4 weeks after entering the US. However that time can span from 2 weeks up to 10 months, but your visa can be used instead of a GC for a period of up to 1 year.

Considering that your case number is 2xxx it's much more likely that your visa interview will occur in 2009 than in 2010. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: