• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

thanks USA! and Mustafa Baku for your support, I agree with you USA! (it's all in God's hands) and God only knows what's better for us and all we can do is wishing. by the way I'm from egypt and I have tried to go to canada and australia but it didn't work. thanks again and I wish you good luck.

However, you have to do something. Like for instance if your destiny is to live in USA you have to apply for Green Card, nobody will hand it to you.

Of course you have to do something, that's exactly what I was saying but we have already done something by applying for the DV Lottery. What I was talking about is the way one should deal with the possible outcomes of his attempts to move to the US. And don't think I haven't tried all the other ways of legally immigrating to the US, but it's very hard if you don't have someone that you're very close with and that is willing to help you. Otherwise it's almost impossible for an average man, unless you are someone very talented in sports, arts or something else. So this is the best way for the rest of us who are not geniuses of some kind.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks USA! and Mustafa Baku for your support, I agree with you USA! (it's all in God's hands) and God only knows what's better for us and all we can do is wishing. by the way I'm from egypt and I have tried to go to canada and australia but it didn't work. thanks again and I wish you good luck.

So if Canada and Australia didn't work for you then probably your destiny is not there. Maybe it's in the USA, but it wasn't your destiny during the past years. Hope it doesn't sound weird.

Of course you have to do something, that's exactly what I was saying but we have already done something by applying for the DV Lottery. What I was talking about is the way one should deal with the possible outcomes of his attempts to move to the US. And don't think I haven't tried all the other ways of legally immigrating to the US, but it's very hard if you don't have someone that you're very close with and that is willing to help you. Otherwise it's almost impossible for an average man, unless you are someone very talented in sports, arts or something else. So this is the best way for the rest of us who are not geniuses of some kind.

Agree with you that DV-Lottery is the best way for us average people. We just have to keep trying. It's not like we have to pay anything to participate in the lottery.

Is this the place where the online check will appear ?
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html
Does anyone know ?

Mr. USA! I can speak German, French and English + my native language and i'm learning Japanese :) and i proved my point.None of you told me how great their people are, None.
You are free to focus on my bad english and on my green skin all you want, instead of answering my question, it doesn't matter haha.

LivingWater, I really wouldn't like to be harsh with you or to sound rude because the truth is I really wish you nothing but the best and don't really have anything against you or anyone else. But when it comes to your comments I'll just have to save my words because I honestly have nothing to say to your way of thinking. In a way you start to be amusing and I feel like you're not a bad person at all which will be more than enough to diminish this bunch of crap you've been posting lately.

I don't get it :) the debate is : The USA is amazing country with morals and so on.
My arguments are : The USA have done more good then eneyone else for the little time they have been around.
Your arguments are : "my english is bad and i need a doctor"
With a conclusion that "my way of thinking is wrong and amusing and crap"
That's the best debate i ever had :) unfortunatly this happens all the time with people who have no arguments, they comment on my english grammer skills hahahahahahah
I will rest my case now and rofl untill the online check comes out.

LivingWater, following is the link to official DV-2010 website where we submitted requests this past year and we all believe the results will also display here on 1st of July.

http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

If that's not the case on 1st of July then we will open a thread on the issue and start a discussion. How does that sound?

Sounds great, i was just wondering if there's a web address already out there, or they will pop-up a new link when it's on thats all.

Sounds great, i was just wondering if there's a web address already out there, or they will pop-up a new link when it's on thats all.

Read DV-2010 instructions and find out if there is any definite web address. Also let us know if you find that out.

Hey LivingWater,:)
No change for dv lottery site. It is the same site that more than 9 million people around the world put their personal data and wish to have luck. Include me:D

Well LivingWater, now you see why I was mentioning your language skills because if you had known how to read in English when you reached the confirmation page while applying for the DV2010 at the www.dvlottery.state.gov, you would have learned this:

Thank you for your entry for the 2010 Diversity Visa Lottery.

Please either print this page or make a record of the confirmation number before closing this window. You will not be able to retrieve this number after you close this window.

You must retain your confirmation number in order to check your entry status using the internet. You may check back on this site at anytime between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010 to determine whether your entry was selected for further processing in the 2010 DV Lottery. You will be required to enter your confirmation number in combination with other personal information in order to check on your entry status.

Selectees will also receive a letter through their country's postal service notifying them of their selection. Entrants who are not selected for further processing will not receive any type of notification through mail.

Do not submit additional Entry Forms with this person as the Primary Entrant! Multiple entries will disqualify the entrant from participation in the Lottery.

Hi,
I need some answer's, and i hope i will get some help.
On 25 may 2009 i got NL fro DV Lottary for Europe, it is on my wife's name as applicant.
We have 2 year kid, does any body knows how to perform the signing of the ds-230 form. Should me and my wife put our signatures?
And also 8 year ago i was in US on J-1 (student excange visa), so i have to fullfill the field 25 from DS-230 "List of previous visits in the United States", the question is that there is column: "Give DHS "A" number" where should i look for this number.
Also is there any limitation on the type of mail service that could be used, for Example, DHL, TNT or should be regular mail service.

(Because time might be a factor in this first step I have posted this question on one more thread)
Thanks in advance,

MiroK, where are you from, are you from Serbia maybe?

Also is there any limitation on the type of mail service that could be used, for Example, DHL, TNT or should be regular mail service.

There are no limitations or special requirements of any kind when it comes to choosing the type of mail service, it's just up to you if you'd like to be more sure that your letter reached the desired destination, so you should use for example DHL which costs little bit more (about 30 euro) but you can track your letter at any time and it arrives in about 2-3 days I think.

I'll leave it for those who had similar experiences to answer your other questions regarding children and previous visits to the US.

Hi USA,
thanks for you time, you know, now when i am pretty close to this visa i am having all kind of doubts, that i might miss something with this forms, especially that i remember before the electronic aplication, there was specific note that recomended letters would not be accepted (for the first step of DV Lottery).
About my country, close enough, I am from Macedonia, and for the record the letter was send from Kentucky on 12 may and i received it on 25 may.

Miro, your concern about this whole thing is absolutely understandable, but I'm sure it'll all go just fine. I'd really like to help you if I could with some answers, so if you haven't find out about similar forum zelenalutrija.com that is in Serbian language, there you can find a lot of Macedonians who you could consult with.

Hi USA,
thanks for your kind words. I will check that site, and if find something i will post the answer for further similar cases.

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum.
I'm also waiting for the first letter, is there still any chance to receive it ?